RIP to the Tekken I loved and grew up with

#61TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 3:29:11 PM
Xandagar posted...
lol TC lost easily

Act like a real gamer and accept defeat like a man.

Defeat for what? I feel like the game has gone down the tubes because of its emphasis on juggles now. That's how I feel, nobody has to feel the same if they don't want to. I didn't know "men" cared about winning Internet arguments, especially when there's nothing to really argue about.

How do you even use "real gamer" and "like a man" in the same sentence?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#62TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 3:35:05 PM(edited)
Xandagar posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
TJ you complain why too much....you did this on the SFxT boards too....always complaining about something....like seriously....

LOL first of all, get a life and stop worrying about what some stranger on the Internet says about video games over time.

The irony is very, very, very powerful within that sentence of yours.

Grow up and act like a mature gamer and not a punk 7 year old kid.

He made a smart comment, I made one back, that's all there is to it. Funny how you seem to get defensive about it. Maybe it's the guilt. Either way, carry on about how I'm a punk 7 year old kid keyboard warrior.

By the way, learn what words mean before you use them. There was nothing ironic about that sentence being that I don't throw a fit when people say something bad about a video game.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#63nic1357Posted 9/18/2012 3:35:59 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Every match I play now is nothing more than people trying to do do a launcher and juggle over and over and over again. No other strategies, no other moves. When I win, it's boring. When I lose, it's annoying.

This series has gone down the tubes.

nobody cares what you think stfu
#64XandagarPosted 9/18/2012 3:37:30 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Xandagar posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
TJ you complain why too much....you did this on the SFxT boards too....always complaining about something....like seriously....

LOL first of all, get a life and stop worrying about what some stranger on the Internet says about video games over time.

He made a smart comment, I made one back, that's all there is to it. Funny how you seem to get defensive about it. Maybe it's the guilt. Either way, carry on about how I'm a punk 7 year old kid keyboard warrior.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU AS- ah forget it there's no fooling you. You knew I'm just here for the hell of it and meant to make another "rant" post lol

You're all good.

Tag 2 is still great though. Can't wait for Tekken X Street Fighter. Screw if I'm old. I love gaming and screw the people that gives a ****.
---
Rasputin77 is a friend to everybody.
#65TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 3:39:37 PM
nic1357 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Every match I play now is nothing more than people trying to do do a launcher and juggle over and over and over again. No other strategies, no other moves. When I win, it's boring. When I lose, it's annoying.

This series has gone down the tubes.

nobody cares what you think stfu

Apparently they care enough to try and argue with me about my opinion for 6 pages already. Bet you feel real tough coming here just to tell me to stfu huh? Lol

I seriously wonder how many of the hostile people on gamefaqs would have the cojones to talk to people that way in real life. I have a feeling the majority of them are the type to walk away and mumble under their breath. All this hostility isn't even necessary, especially over what somebody thinks about a video game.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#66nic1357Posted 9/18/2012 3:42:06 PM
no they dont care they think youre an idiot
#67TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 3:42:45 PM
Xandagar posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Xandagar posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Chain_Strike posted...

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU AS- ah forget it there's no fooling you. You knew I'm just here for the hell of it and meant to make another "rant" post lol

You're all good.

Tag 2 is still great though. Can't wait for Tekken X Street Fighter. Screw if I'm old. I love gaming and screw the people that gives a ****.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game is great too, but I wish they would do something about these juggles, maybe a breaker system or something. It's a shame I have more fun playing the AI than I do playing humans online because the AI uses more strategies than "I'll just spend my whole time trying to launch and juggle him, unless I'm using a capoeira, then it's XOXOXOXOXO all day."
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#68TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 3:44:24 PM
nic1357 posted...
no they dont care they think youre an idiot

Ok, good to know. Now that you've given me your spiel you can run along now and tend to the other guys you want to show your keyboard gangster act to. Have a good evening =)
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#69adroge01Posted 9/18/2012 3:51:11 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Xandagar posted...
lol TC lost easily

Act like a real gamer and accept defeat like a man.

Defeat for what? I feel like the game has gone down the tubes because of its emphasis on juggles now. That's how I feel, nobody has to feel the same if they don't want to. I didn't know "men" cared about winning Internet arguments, especially when there's nothing to really argue about.

How do you even use "real gamer" and "like a man" in the same sentence?

Completely agree with you here, and your original post. Sorry, but I think you're trying to convince a bunch of people that think being a "gamer" is something to aspire to. Good luck with that....

I also think a lot of online games have degenerated to a single tactic, and ultimately shallow experience... so it's not just this one. For a lot of people it's about some meaningless win/lose stat that no one really cares about.
#70SpooferPosted 9/18/2012 3:55:45 PM
StonerJack posted...
Tekken IS a different game than it was, say, from Tekken Tag 1 going backwards.
But most people just won't evolve with the series. There's nothing WRONG with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrONpkC6FYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbPX6iWhVYM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSOjnGbA_N4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFRbZVmhLX4

Just saiyan. I see nothing fundamentally different between what Tekken was during T3/TTT1 and T6/TTT2. Movement. Spacing. Safety. Punishment. Risk/Reward using your most ideal launchers as often as you can. Mixups for when you can't spam your launchers 24-7. Juggles. That's the game. It's been that way since day 1, and especially since T3 refined and added to the basic mechanics.

Walls? Bound? More dynamic tag juggle options? (the reason why they couldn't have 3-4 chars onscreen during TTT was due to technical limitations, but tagging during juggles still had many benefits.) Yeah, all these add elements to the game, but they don't change the core strategy (to exploit the opponent's vulnerability and demolish them with your most effective launchers), nor the damage. (juggle length irrespective of damage is another subject).

Certain people just didn't know how to play back then.
---
Velvet dreams. Starlight beams. Plastic freaks. On the streets.
Take me home. Before I'm dead. SciFi girl. In my head.