Release date for DLC

#21Bestia_SomniaPosted 9/20/2012 4:43:08 PM
servb0ts posted...
FantasyFreak999 posted...
It seems like we're going to be gradually receiving DLC starting October 9th.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/sep/19/downloadable-characters-and-stages-releasing-starting-october-9th-tekken-tag-tournament-2/

Thoughts?

I hate late DLC like this by than the game will be on a maybe replay it few months later. why lock characters and stages? its totally unnecessary. and very uncool.

That's your problem. Most people buy fighting games with the intention of playing them long-term.

The logic of "Why can't you give me everything now Namco, so that I can experience everything the game your game has to offer before I never touch it again?" is senseless. The DLC is to help slightly increase the game's lifespan; for those who actually care about the game enough to keep playing.
#22gamestop27Posted 9/20/2012 4:49:21 PM
habbox77 posted...
No word on the Tekken 1-6 music or any customization dlc?

This
---
Just sit there and shut up, this ain't no democracy~James Carter
...yes it is~Lee
#23Natsume_Tien7Posted 9/20/2012 4:57:07 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
servb0ts posted...
FantasyFreak999 posted...
It seems like we're going to be gradually receiving DLC starting October 9th.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/sep/19/downloadable-characters-and-stages-releasing-starting-october-9th-tekken-tag-tournament-2/

Thoughts?

I hate late DLC like this by than the game will be on a maybe replay it few months later. why lock characters and stages? its totally unnecessary. and very uncool.

That's your problem. Most people buy fighting games with the intention of playing them long-term.

The logic of "Why can't you give me everything now Namco, so that I can experience everything the game your game has to offer before I never touch it again?" is senseless. The DLC is to help slightly increase the game's lifespan; for those who actually care about the game enough to keep playing.

THIS. I wish people would just see that although there are a lot of fighters out right now, each one is going to do what they can to obtain longevity and stay relevant. Although yeah, it'd be fun to have all the characters now, it's so much better IMO that there is something that will bring me back if I actually get bored. Sorry if I sound like a broken record!

Oh, and if the chars released next to A. Ogre and Michelle are first, we'll get Slim Bob and Sebastian first.
---
"Stupid people can believe in anything, so you can believe in yourself!" -JoJo
#24IstilldunoPosted 9/20/2012 5:03:31 PM
As far as it goes this beats paying for stuff already on this disc and I respect Harada for managing to wrangle a compromise out Namco which stops hem bleeding our wallets for content finished before the game went gold.

That said this is just a compromise, the best situation will always be having everything that is on the disc either accessible or unlockable via gameplay means day 1.

And fighting games shouldn't need a dlc shot in the arm to stay interesting, the competition and depth of the game mechanics should be enough to keep it going, look at MVC2 as a prime example, no dlc updates yet it's been played for years.
---
Atlus are the harbringers of PS3 region locking, boycott P4 Arena.