Can someone suggest a good beginner character?

#21Nerwrax15Posted 9/26/2012 11:55:56 PM
King. All day, e'ry day.
---
Clash Of Ninja>Ultimate Ninja. Official 4th Raikage of the NSUNSG Board.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#22AnderjakPosted 9/27/2012 2:14:47 AM
Are you looking to win against the computer or just wanna get good at the game in general?

Jin's always been my favorite starter for a Tekken game, since his moves are pretty well balanced. He's predictable, but his movelist is easy to learn, and his ten-hitters aren't very complicated timing-wise.

I think pretty much anyone introduced in Tekken 3 is generally solid to start with, for the most part, which includes Brian and Xiaoyu. Hwoarang's an exception, but only slightly since while he has four different directions and a couple of short-term stances he's still pretty easy to find some bread-and-butters with.

I don't know, it's hard not to find someone to play with that's fun and relatively uncomplicated. Even the Mishimas as a whole are okay to play around with at first, though they're generally relegated to higher-tier players, as far as I can tell. You can tell a bad Mishima player from a good one pretty quickly.

Maybe it's best to focus less on which character to play and just nab the first person whose movelist and look you dig, then look around for some sample combos from others online (don't bother too much with the sample combos they give you in-game) and master those. Once you got that down, everything else falls into place reasonably well.

I'm not particularly seasoned in Tekken, but those tips always helped me in the past, and this game doesn't seem to be terribly different. I fully acknowledge that this information might be pretty misleading, but it's an open enough game where you can't mess up too much in your initial selection of character.
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
#23A_FamiIy_ManPosted 9/27/2012 3:21:46 AM(edited)
Forest Law IMO. Easy/high damage juggles, simple but effective full crouch mixup, several counters, pretty good synergy with much of the cast and shares many moves with his father so you're almost learning two characters.
---
http://img.imgcake.com/BabyfaceKira/ZlVJ9pngej.png
#24LordTopakPosted 9/27/2012 3:25:39 AM
Feng or Law
---
PSN ID: Tsambs96, DD Pawn: Khryzhen
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Ultimate MvC3
#25Im_A_potato(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 6:54:13 AM
Anderjak posted...
Are you looking to win against the computer or just wanna get good at the game in general?

Well, I really wanna get good at the game learning good juggles, blocking mix-ups and stuff.

Although, my main problem in older Tekken games is that I can't do anything outside of a pattern\flowchart. It feels like I'm too predictable.

Anyways, thanks guys for the answers.
---
"Women are throwing themselves at Adol left and right. Real bromance is hard to find. That's why Adol's sad." -Martze
#26juker79Posted 9/28/2012 7:17:16 AM
The best beginner character is somebody with a fighting style that you like. Otherwise you'll lose interest and never learn the moves.

According to replies, half the characters are listed; and if it goes on for another 2 days, the rest will show up.
#27Drunken_SnakePosted 9/28/2012 7:23:44 AM
Forest Law is pretty easy to pick up and win with.

Played Kazuya and Lee for quite some time, many years actually, and had like 60% of wins. Practiced Law for 30 minutes and still sitting at 90%.
#28servb0tsPosted 9/28/2012 7:24:14 AM
Paul.
Law.
Lili.
Tiger/Eddie/Christie.
Byran Fury.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
#29juker79Posted 9/28/2012 7:27:59 AM
Played Kazuya and Lee for quite some time, many years actually, and had like 60% of wins. Practiced Law for 30 minutes and still sitting at 90%.

After years of playing it should be somewhat easy to pick up a new character. Plus, if you're talking online matches; get 50 fights in with law and then come back with that 90% win rate. Point being, I could pick up just about any character, fight beginners and go 9-1.
#30Drunken_SnakePosted 9/28/2012 7:33:58 AM
juker79 posted...

After years of playing it should be somewhat easy to pick up a new character. Plus, if you're talking online matches; get 50 fights in with law and then come back with that 90% win rate. Point being, I could pick up just about any character, fight beginners and go 9-1.

Yeah, I guess... Just saying he's pretty easy to pick up even for beginners, since it's easier to win with him on low/intermediate level than most characters. And you don't really have to use lame tactics to do so and actually learn something (like spamming Kazuya's u/f+4,4,4,4), like some ppl suggested here.