150 damage!!!!

#1RealomegaredRedPosted 10/4/2012 4:36:24 PM
Forgive my stupid question to some but is 150 a good damage output for a tag in combo? I have 3 teams and each team can do atleast 140 in one combo with either char on point. Haven't watched any vids or even touched online yet bcuz I've been too busy playing ghost battle and customizing. Lol! But is this a normal thing to see online or should I be training harder?
---
TvC- 1677-5125-9171 (www.YouTube.com/Omegaredism)
" I'm commin' at you with razor blades and lemon juice!"
#2ThePatrickPosted 10/4/2012 4:39:30 PM
150 is excellent as characters only have 180 health. I assume some rage is involved?
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#3STAR JillPosted 10/4/2012 4:44:15 PM
Unless your doing a consistent rage + CH and carrying them to wall on some odd launcher, chances are that you won't be able to use them on a realistic basis online.
#4TheyCallMeSlimShadyPosted 10/4/2012 4:51:51 PM
In theory, its as good as your gonna get. But the chances of landing anything like that regularly is very slim. First off, some rage is gonna be involved so unless you land the juggle early the rage will dissipate before you end it. Second, chances are its on a character of a particular size so that won't work on everyone. Finally, most people know how to tag crash and they will have an opportunity to interrupt the combo.

But honestly, its no harm to practice juggle combos. You can often find variations of the combo that will be better situationally. But keep in mind to work the fundamentals of the game.
---
5 Billion dollars in the US from just Wing sale's is the same amount of money Bandai makes from all of Gundam put together in Japan. Redzaku
#5ChaozCloudPosted 10/4/2012 4:55:17 PM
Did you use a string to launch? In that case the string might not be a natural combo and as such can be blocked.
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
#6KenGi1226Posted 10/4/2012 4:56:54 PM
Action 1: Stand
Action 2: Guard all
---
(SJ-Fox) Gaming Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KSJFoX
#7RealomegaredRed(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:08:19 PM
Definitely not starting the combo with a launcher but a string before the character tag is involved. Yes the string can most definitely be blocked..... didn't calculated if the combo was blocked........really I just need one hit to confirm though........back to the lab I go. Lol! Gotta check some things out. Ill find out the damage if the one late hit confirms into the tag in. I was calculating from the first hit, not the last hit. OMFG!!!! Tag crash I forgot about!!! And I don't know anything about this RAGE stuff yet. CPU uses it alot in ghost battle I think..... sometimes I hit them and its like they have super armor or something. Is that what RAGE is? If so, how do I get it? Lol!
---
TvC- 1677-5125-9171 (www.YouTube.com/Omegaredism)
" I'm commin' at you with razor blades and lemon juice!"
#8SpooferPosted 10/4/2012 5:49:45 PM(edited)
I really doubt that a 150 damage true combo exists that is easily performable, outside of glitchy infinites, etc. Even with rage.

There's no way that the strings you are using to launch the opponent are natural combos. They'll definitely have break points to block the launcher, as well as other counter-measures in place to keep them balanced. You can of course use them as string mixups into launch enders, but the opp most likely won't be eating all that damage all too often (and there are even larger counter-measures in place for strings that have mixups to launchers). Finally, keep in mind that the string damage is really going to inflate your damage total, as there's no damage scaling while their feet are on the ground, so you should expect the actual combo portion of the damage to be a lot less.

Tag crash won't work in the middle of a true combo, but it can be used to try to save your char from the oki setups that follow.
---
Velvet dreams. Starlight beams. Plastic freaks. On the streets.
Take me home. Before I'm dead. SciFi girl. In my head.
#9Zio_DynePosted 10/4/2012 5:59:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10dcmnt18Posted 10/4/2012 6:01:12 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Yep. This way you can tell which strings are natural combos or not.