The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Critique my recent match plz!

#1trm989Posted 10/5/2012 12:52:02 AM
I took my most frustrating recent match where I lost and would like some input as to what I should have punished better and whatnot. No point in posting a video where I win. Tips appreciated plz. :)

Horrible quality I know. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HISju_WzKWU
#2getterwingPosted 10/5/2012 1:48:27 AM
you are not bad :)

but sometimes you whiff or use the wrong combo ender, probably because of bad judgement of the distance with your opponent and the wall.

and you also having problem blocking the Law's low sweep.
#3unceramoniusPosted 10/5/2012 2:36:36 AM
You lost cause your a wimp who doesnt attack, unless its absolutely safe to launch.....just like 90% of the online fights i see.

Your opponent has balls....you however.....wait wait...wait.....wait...oooh he attacks, ok launch.
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#4Zio_DynePosted 10/5/2012 2:47:20 AM
*sigh* Might have to make this the first use of the ignore function.
Just not worth reading or responding to.
#5JuliafanAMPosted 10/5/2012 3:02:02 AM
Don't listen to unceramonious, it sounds like he doesn't care about actually giving a critique and was just interested in getting a jab at Tekken's gameplay.

Anyway, missed a couple of whiffs and tried to counter too much (don't do it in the open, the walls when people like getting aggressive and boxing people in). Also you seemed to be trying to crush him with f2 and df2 a lot in the last match, he could of punished you a lot harder than he did especially for f2.
---
waiting for...***Tekken Tag 2, Tomb Raider***
#6unceramoniusPosted 10/5/2012 3:22:28 AM
It is a critique...he lost because he is a wimp

Grow some balls...you may win more. But do that...and your opponent may launch you...so better to just run away huh
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#7trm989(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:22:46 AM
getterwing posted...
you are not bad :)

but sometimes you whiff or use the wrong combo ender, probably because of bad judgement of the distance with your opponent and the wall.

and you also having problem blocking the Law's low sweep.

Thanks.

Haha, yeah. I sometimes get happy or nervous fingers during bound enders, so I tend to mess up. I think I just need to play the stages more to get the feel of the wall distance.

Yeah, that low always gets me. :( I've went in practice mode and worked on looking out for it, but it caught me in this match.
#8trm989(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:27:38 AM
unceramonius posted...
You lost cause your a wimp who doesnt attack, unless its absolutely safe to launch.....just like 90% of the online fights i see.

Your opponent has balls....you however.....wait wait...wait.....wait...oooh he attacks, ok launch.

I played the waiting game with his Paul because he kept using certain moves a lot during the match that left him vulnerable. I'm not going to blindly run into his powerful attacks.

This isn't one of my better matches, but I figure it's better to work out the flaws in a losing effort compared to a winning one.
#9trm989(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:31:23 AM
JuliafanAM posted...
Don't listen to unceramonious, it sounds like he doesn't care about actually giving a critique and was just interested in getting a jab at Tekken's gameplay.

Anyway, missed a couple of whiffs and tried to counter too much (don't do it in the open, the walls when people like getting aggressive and boxing people in). Also you seemed to be trying to crush him with f2 and df2 a lot in the last match, he could of punished you a lot harder than he did especially for f2.

Yeah, I usually try to counter when my back is behind the wall to get a solid juggle out of it. I just didn't do it in that match for whatever reason.

Haha, yeah I admittedly do use f2 too much. I've been trying to incorporate more f2 cancels instead.

Thanks for your input. :)
#10bangs9876Posted 10/5/2012 5:27:25 AM
You're still at learning stage. Work on your punishment, you missed a couple of opportunities although keep in mind asuka has a bad 10 frame punisher.Dont do 3 ring circus too much, it is duckable and punishable. You have a tendency to dish out random launchers or counters, dont. Learn to use them at the right time. Learn to use asuka's safe moves to pressure your opponent.

Good safe moves:
d/f+2(best launcher apart from f+2)
d/f+1(mid poke)
d/f+4(mid kick)
d/f+3(mid KD kick, can wall splat an opponent)
b+4,2(good move but slow)
1+2(useful against crouchers)
d+2(on counter hit gives a combo)
u/f+3(on counter hit gives a combo)

Good low crush(beats low attacks):
u/f+3
b+3
d+3+4

Good high crush(for high attacks):
f+2
d/f+3
And most while standing moves beat high attacks

Dont rely on 3~4 for low attack its too slow unless if you learn how to mixup its cancel property. Some recommended low attacks just dont spam them:
d/b+3(best low but dont abuse)
d/b+4 (on counter hit, u can follow with 3 for a launch)
d+1+2(short ranged but pretty quick)
d+4(kick poke)

Also learn how to use magic 4, on counter hit its one of the best easy launchers and its kinda safe.

Some moves u can use but dont abuse:
1,3(safe on block but 3 can be parried)
1,2,4 or 3 but dont over use the spinning unblockable, its very easy to duck
1,1,3 (safe and good for poking and pressuring)
1,4 (longer range than 1,3 but a bit slower)
d/f+1,2 (safe but duckable)
d/f+1,4(10 frame punishable but very useful)
ss+2(can evade non homing moves)
ws+1+2(safe mid range attack that can result to a stun and launcher can also be cancelled)
f+2(best whiff punisher but dont throw out in random, time it properly, can hit grounded opponent in right situations)
d+3+4(this is best used when opponent attempts an attack, it will launch them)
2+3(1st animation can parry a punch, time it well if you plan to use)
GRABS (yes grabbing is effective specially against turtles, mix up your grabs for best results)
f,f+3(mid and homing kick, can be punished i think, best against side steppers)
f+4(homing high kick)
wc+d/f+2(on counter gives a combo)

Learning to use these moves can get you far. Don't overdo certain moves, it makes you predictable. Only noobs will fall for the same tactic over and over again.