Should I do anything about boosters?

#1jazvdb93Posted 10/6/2012 2:39:09 AM
The replay thing idea was cool (especially those big screens at arcades)

But when I went to see vids for bob and. King, all I saw were boosters
---
R.I.P 2006 GameFaqs account
PSN: jazvdb
#2G0RD0NDARFPosted 10/6/2012 4:37:29 AM
boosters can be punished and will be temp banned if they are caught but i do not know how one would report boosting. anyone know?
---
stryker
#3SyggysPosted 10/6/2012 5:07:53 AM
Namco knows whats going on. WTF makes it very easy to analyze everyones stats, and when you see that someone has won 200 ranked matches in a row against the same opponent its very obvious who's boosting.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#4FullAutoCVTPosted 10/6/2012 6:43:09 AM
Lol, when I saw the title, I thought we were dealing with a new kind of game mechanic. xD

Anyway, just challenge them to battles and beat the tar out of them. Or ignore them.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#5CatchMyFade16Posted 10/6/2012 8:40:06 AM
It makes me feel good when I kick the crap out of someone with a better record/rank than me, only would happen agaijst boosters I say keep em for a confidence boost for myself.

I dont even understand why people do this, its not like they unlock better powers/weapons. They are just going to get matched against really good players and ruin their online experience
---
Robot Master Elec Man- FC: 0162-2002-1516
PSN: Elec_Man1
#6unceramoniusPosted 10/6/2012 8:55:46 AM
how do people boost in rank? I dont get it
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#7SyggysPosted 10/6/2012 9:04:37 AM(edited)
unceramonius posted...

They probably set their location to somewhere really obscure, then use the "location: same" search setting for ranked matches.
---
UK/EU
#8unceramoniusPosted 10/6/2012 1:28:53 PM
so what happens if they dont get who they want.....do they quit at the match up screen?

Or do they get real lucky, and are able to somehow fight each other over and over....thats what i dont get
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#9SyggysPosted 10/6/2012 3:02:13 PM
unceramonius posted...
so what happens if they dont get who they want.....do they quit at the match up screen?

Or do they get real lucky, and are able to somehow fight each other over and over....thats what i dont get

No, you don't understand. There is no luck involved. They set their location to somewhere so obscure that them and their boosting partner are the ONLY two people playing TTT2 from that location. The ranked match filter will only match them against eachother, no one else.

And even if by chance someone else did play from that location they would never meet the 4+/5+ bar filter.
---
UK/EU
#10silly_sausagePosted 10/6/2012 3:20:31 PM
Syggys posted...
unceramonius posted...

They probably set their location to somewhere really obscure, then use the "location: same" search setting for ranked matches.

But the only search settings in Ranked are Connection, Rank and Voice Chat, there is no Location option. Unless I'm missing something.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann