The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

If I was Heihachi...

#1Ross_the_ReaperPosted 10/6/2012 8:49:19 AM
You'd think he would have chucked Lee over the mountain instead of Kazuya. Don't get me wrong, I like Lee as a character; he's excellent - pun intended. I'd like Lee as a son because we share similar tastes However, I feel Kazuya would make Heihachi feel more proud as a dad because he's a better fighter and doesn't wear frilly shirts, not that I wouldn't either; I like frilly shirts, but that's not the point. Point is, from Heihachi's POV, isn't Kazuya a more worthy of living than Lee?

You could argue that Heihachi attempted to kill Kazuya out of paranoia. Didn't Hei imprison Jinpachi and steal the Mishima Zaibatsu away? I don't think Kazuya would've done it pre-mountain toss unless Kazuya knew Hei "supposedly" killed Jinpachi (I don't think he know he was imprisoned) and secretly plotted revenge. After all, Kazuya and Jinpachi had a good relationship (Kazuya's Tekken 5 ending). Also when Jinpachi and Kaz are paired up, Jinpachi says, "Kazuya yo" with a pleasant expression on his face. "Yo" a particle that marks new information implies that he hasn't seen Kazuya for a long time and he's happy to see him.

Sorry I rambled.
---
GT: El Ouroboros, Games: MK9: Sub-Zero (Tag :SZ+Kabal); MvC3: Spiderman, C. Viper, and Ironman.
#2Yarnball289Posted 10/6/2012 8:53:36 AM
I think he wanted to toughen up kaz (movie version). Either that, or he knew kaz wouldn't die and wanted to teach him a lesson.
---
Xbl Tag: SaberXPendragon
#3FullAutoCVTPosted 10/6/2012 9:05:29 AM
I don't think he cared so much about whether Lee got any tougher (though Lee was the Xiaoyu of his day, so Heihachi might have genuinely liked him). He just wanted Kazuya to not be a wimp, since he was his favorite. It worked too well, and the volcano was to get rid of the guy for good.

And I think Kaz knew about the Jinpachi thing, because he had to remind Heihachi about what he had done to the man.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#4Ross_the_Reaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 9:14:51 AM
FullAutoCVT posted...
I don't think he cared so much about whether Lee got any tougher (though Lee was the Xiaoyu of his day, so Heihachi might have genuinely liked him). He just wanted Kazuya to not be a wimp, since he was his favorite. It worked too well, and the volcano was to get rid of the guy for good.

And I think Kaz knew about the Jinpachi thing, because he had to remind Heihachi about what he had done to the man.

I understand. When was it that Kaz reminded Hei about what he did to Jinpachi?
---
GT: El Ouroboros, Games: MK9: Sub-Zero (Tag :SZ+Kabal); MvC3: Spiderman, C. Viper, and Ironman.
#5FullAutoCVTPosted 10/6/2012 9:22:17 AM
Ross_the_Reaper posted...
FullAutoCVT posted...

Right before they fight in T5. Heihachi had literally forgotten how horribly he treated his own father, and where he stored his body! xD
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#6Ross_the_Reaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 9:25:41 AM
FullAutoCVT posted...
Ross_the_Reaper posted...
FullAutoCVT posted...

Right before they fight in T5. Heihachi had literally forgotten how horribly he treated his own father, and where he stored his body! xD

Haha! I forgot about that. I'm going to watch it.
---