So now that Julia is Jaycee, can we please keep Michelle?

#11SSJ X Cloud StrifePosted 10/9/2012 3:22:50 AM
Well I mean obviously the girl's name isn't really Jaycee, unless it is, in which case it's a lucky coincidence. But I see no reason why they can't transplant Julia's TTT2 persona onto that character, make her A. King's tag partner, and let her go down that whole wrestling road, while Julia goes back to her re-forestation efforts. Seems like a win-win.

Fair enough. And from a gameplay that'd be a simple solution. But Jaycee (by extension Julia) is a more established character. So if they wanted to add to the roster, I'd rather they create a new character with a new style, rather than messing with what we currently have. If Michelle stays, we still have "old Julia" or rather, the "original Julia" that's playable.

From a character development standpoint, I like the bold path they've taken with Julia/Jaycee. Character development in fight games are rare. (yeah sure, people say story doesn't matter, but then why are they then complaining about not having an "old Julia" when they already have Michelle?)

That said too though, Forrest Law was "out" of Tekken for a while because of an accident, so the Julia's friend make not even recover by T7, if ever! (Depending on the severity of the accident which I don't think was mentioned)
---
"Why yes Aerith, now I'm an Ancient too."
Currently playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Yakuza 4
#12SyggysPosted 10/9/2012 3:50:22 AM
I thought i'd like Jaycee.. but I don't. Her new wrestling moves feel so out of place next to Julia's old moves. They feel tacked on, and while that makes sense from a canon point of view because Julia had to learn Jaycee's signature moves in a short space of time, from a gameplay point of view it just feels half-assed.

I'd much rather they have Jaycee as a totally new character with a full set of wrestling moves instead.. and I wouldn't mind if they added 100 pounds of extra muscle while they're at it :P She is a wrestler after all, all dat protein.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#13BluntGruntPosted 10/9/2012 3:55:44 AM
I sure hope so. Always liked Michelle more than Julia anyway.
---
?????
#14SSJ X Cloud StrifePosted 10/9/2012 4:07:13 AM
More muscle like a Beth Phoenix or a 97-98 Chyna? :P

Personally I've glad Jaycee has more of a Lita build, to fit her lucha moves and style, which Lita had too. (Just got an idea to make a Lita-esque costume for Jaycee... #yesyesyes!)
---
#15Plant42Posted 10/9/2012 6:16:52 AM
Julia is Michelle with way more personality. What personality does Michelle have exactly?

She says, "Don't forget about me!" and winks. That's about it.
#16OblivionEssencePosted 10/9/2012 6:44:22 AM
Julia is Michelle with way more personality. What personality does Michelle have exactly?

lol.

Julia had about as much personality as Michelle does now prior to TTT2. They really could develop Michelle's character further if they wanted; keep in mind this is a non-canon game and Michelle hasn't been playable in a canon game in over 15 years.
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#17Ichiko_368(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 6:49:15 AM
Plant42 posted...

Avenging her family >>>>> caring for plants and nature.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.
#18ScrappyDingoPosted 10/9/2012 6:49:50 AM
So Julia has a new move set as JayCee? No wonder I couldn't figure out why I wasn't as good with her when fooling around with her for fun. I usually liked to use her, button mash style, in other Tekken games to defeat Arcade Mode, etc., and usually had an easy time with her that way. Instead in this one I'm getting my ass handed to me by the computer now.

Guess I should have checked her movelist first. Really dumb of me.
---
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Babe of the Month - Fate Testarossa Harlaown: http://i45.tinypic.com/25s54d1.jpg
#19wab_web_wubPosted 10/9/2012 7:09:41 AM
Personally I don't see the point in introducing the 'real' Jaycee in future games. She was part of a non-canon storyline which itself was pretty much a test to see if fans would appreciate a change in Julia, IMO.

For me, Tekken 7 should have Julia maintain her Jaycee alter-ego and have her 'classic' style there for customisation. That way, there's more reason and likelihood for Michelle's return - to take Classic Julia's place.
---
This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off
#20SSJ X Cloud StrifePosted 10/9/2012 8:08:51 AM
Julia had about as much personality as Michelle does now prior to TTT2. They really could develop Michelle's character further if they wanted; keep in mind this is a non-canon game and Michelle hasn't been playable in a canon game in over 15 years.

Exactly my point from before. Julia has evolved from her "save the rain forest" character and. I'd rather it stay that way.
Granted, a lot of characters could do with some much needed character development. I looking at you specifically Christie.

So Julia has a new move set as JayCee? No wonder I couldn't figure out why I wasn't as good with her when fooling around with her for fun. I usually liked to use her, button mash style, in other Tekken games to defeat Arcade Mode, etc., and usually had an easy time with her that way. Instead in this one I'm getting my ass handed to me by the computer now.

How did you manage to mash with Julia prior to this? She was never of the Chreddy mashing variety to my knowledge.
Was this pre-patch? Cause that could be the reason.

Personally I don't see the point in introducing the 'real' Jaycee in future games. She was part of a non-canon storyline which itself was pretty much a test to see if fans would appreciate a change in Julia, IMO.

The only time I'll accept a version of Jaycee that is her friend is if its a "joke" version ala the current DLC character set.
But otherwise, agreed.

For me, Tekken 7 should have Julia maintain her Jaycee alter-ego and have her 'classic' style there for customisation. That way, there's more reason and likelihood for Michelle's return - to take Classic Julia's place.

People have been clammering for Michelle to return, now that they have her, they're still not satisfied cause Julia is now Jaycee. They still have Michelle (old Julia really) but they still complain. The only logical reason I can see behind that thinking is that they probably wanted to do double-up teams ala Chreddy and the Laws and essentially just learn one moveset. *shrug*

And yes, just have the customization of removing Jaycee's mask available. Then I'll be happy. Oh and they should always have Jaycee's version of the Tiger Mask. That thing is so sexy. ;)
---