The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

If there's fighting game this gen that deserves to sell well TTT2 should be it

#1carloudgracePosted 10/13/2012 12:26:50 AM
Been reading disturbing rumors that this game isn't selling as much as expected in NA, this game is an achievement for Namco by itself it addressed many issues that plagued the previous version such as

subpar graphics compared to arcade(tekken tag 2 closely matches the arcade version,unlike tk6br)
great online(even at 0 connection rating it is still playable am able to punish -12 frame moves with hwoarang's 11 framer 4,3)

and Harada listened to the tekken fans by installing tekken tag 2 already rather than 7

with all the included free dlcs, game modes and stuff this game is jampacked with content like they're no longer gonna make any more tekken games after this....other than a possible reboot of the series

Namco clearly poured everything they have in this game and will continue to give out more with the Wii U version

it is expected that this game's sales will pick up come xmas time, I recommend that you give it as a gift to your grandmother, grandpa, uncle aunties cousins your Girlfriend and to your other girlfriend and to an extreme to your boyfriend as well

this game rocks.

Heard that the game is playing catchup to DOA5 in japan, that by itself is still good news since DOA5 is supposedly selling like hotcakes over there and if tekken tag 2 is considered as "catching up" with DOA5 in sales then it must be doing pretty well over there already

in the Philippines and many other asian regions, they released a GREAT "ASIAN Prestige edition" it costs about 70-80 usd but it is jam packed with content

a free shirt,3 dvd's from the making of the game to the soundtracks, an artbook, a fan art drawings with harada and staff's autographs, an exclusive data card filled with alot of money and bonuses for use in the arcades a very great dvd case this edition ran out of stock in the Philippines:

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p206x206/60232_4588052217715_1411169787_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/p206x206/199295_4588058057861_250016900_n.jpg

Philippines is a tekken nation too, just not as known like in Korea or japan but tekken is the biggest fighting game franchise in the Phils...

I do hope this game sells well enough to warrant us having a new tekken game come out in the future HOHOHO!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
PSN:duolrac03
#2bnmpPosted 10/13/2012 12:33:35 AM
I like to see good, solid games rewarded with sales. This is a very good, solid game. Sadly, I guess it's not getting much love. Free dlc characters added to an already huge roster and folks complain? I'm not really understanding.

In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy Tag2. :)
#3StarBladeEdgePosted 10/13/2012 1:19:16 AM
and yet everyone hates resi 6 but it sells way better :O
resi 6 is really good though
ttt2 isn't bad either but fighting games in general don't sell that well anymore. most people rather play that capcom fighting crap and silly persona fighting games .....
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel
#4G0RD0NDARFPosted 10/13/2012 1:20:36 AM
i think it's not selling well because of the capcom style DLC tactics. why should we have to wait months for the character we love? they are already on the disc. just give them to us!

people could also be holding out for the superior Wii U version which doesn't have the dlc scam since everyones unlocked. AND it includes our old favorite Tekken Ball.
---
stryker
#5EmbraceChaosPosted 10/13/2012 1:24:08 AM
Possibly an odd thing to point out but the bad economy really isn't doing sales in anywhere in the world any favors...

And yeah, Capcom whored out fighting games that were a dime a dozen. Street Fighter X Tekken didn't do well either from what I was told.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#6getterwingPosted 10/13/2012 1:42:39 AM
"Heard that the game is playing catchup to DOA5 in japan, that by itself is still good news since DOA5 is supposedly selling like hotcakes over there and if tekken tag 2 is considered as "catching up" with DOA5 in sales then it must be doing pretty well over there already"

If you check the sales figure of both DOA and Tekken series, you will know that Tekken had always been sold better than DOA by 100 miles. but this one.... sigh.
#7kowanpPosted 10/13/2012 1:58:14 AM
getterwing posted...
"Heard that the game is playing catchup to DOA5 in japan, that by itself is still good news since DOA5 is supposedly selling like hotcakes over there and if tekken tag 2 is considered as "catching up" with DOA5 in sales then it must be doing pretty well over there already"

If you check the sales figure of both DOA and Tekken series, you will know that Tekken had always been sold better than DOA by 100 miles. but this one.... sigh.

TTT2 is actually selling better than DOA5 in Japan. DOA 5 only sold more in it's first week but it crashed in it's 2nd. If you count 2 week sales(since it's just DOA5's 2nd week) then Tag2 has already outsold DOA5. Although that's just the ps3 version.

In other countries Tag2 is still in the lead.(ps3 and 360)

And guys, you should also consider the AAA game releases this month and last month. A lot of really BIG games got released after Tag 2's release. Of course it's sales will be affected. It's first week might have been also affected since people are saving their money of those other releases. There was Borderlands, Resident Evil , Fifa, Gundam, and soon there will be Ass creed, Call of Duty and more.
#8LazyBroPosted 10/13/2012 2:01:08 AM
Well with the coming Black Friday sale and Xmas season sales may pick up for lots of games.
#9EmiliaTheSagePosted 10/13/2012 2:58:20 AM
The word Philippines was mentioned 4 times in this thread. Proud to be Pinoy!
---
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/EmiliaTheSage/
Women shouldn't stay in the kitchen and make sandwiches. We should join the "Battlefield."
#10chiefofsb78Posted 10/13/2012 3:40:08 AM
selling the same ole crap over and over again with a different coat on it people are gonna finally realize hey this is just the same ole crap
they better throw in some supers and ultras or something that same ole poke poke juggle kick just aint getting it
with Capcom back in full throttle with fighting games Tekken dont stand a chance even DOA5 is selling better than TTT2 hell even SCV just under SFxT