The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why did Namco lock the save data?

#1Wandering_LibraPosted 10/13/2012 10:19:44 AM
Why lock the save data to a specific console? The PS3 console is not designed to last. All PS3 consoles will either get the YLOD (Yellow Light of Death), or have their blu-ray disc drive/laser burn out at some point, which means you're going to loose all of your data if you don't have a PSN+ account (which is BS). PSN+ is not the solution to this problem. Why should we have to pay for a $50.00/$17.00 subscription just to back up our save data for one game? Most video game developers will allow you to back up your save data without having a PSN+ account to either a USB Flash-drive or memory stick. If Namco continues to do this I don't think I'll be buying anymore of their games.

I would like to here your theories about this?
#2TaizukuPosted 10/13/2012 10:24:50 AM
1. Launch model (fat) PS3s are the ones that YLOD randomly. Slims can be fixed easily.
2. PS+ is a great deal that everyone should go for because it gives you hella free games and discounts.
3. Deal with it.
4. Knocc em down
---
Breaking news: Local neckbeard makes self feel better by criticizing video game that a quiet minority deem to be 'fun' ~DoctorTitor
PSN: MobileFlame
#3arczero_xPosted 10/13/2012 10:28:14 AM
Or better yet, Tweet Harada about your complaints. Who knows, maybe they'll remove the copy-protection on this game...
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#4Wandering_Libra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 10:44:53 AM
Taizuku posted...
1. Launch model (fat) PS3s are the ones that YLOD randomly. Slims can be fixed easily. BS all PS3 consoles get the YLOD

2. PS+ is a great deal that everyone should go for because it gives you hella free games and discounts. Do you work for Sony or something?

3. Deal with it. Whatever

4. Knocc em down Whatever
#5Wandering_Libra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 10:59:47 AM
bump!
#6L_M_4Posted 10/13/2012 11:37:48 AM
Save locking is dumb, yes. But no, only Fats will regularly YloD. Most places don't even offer YLoD repairs for a slim, it just doesn't happen often enough.

And yes, the only thing to really do about copying copy-protected saves is with a full backup, system transfer, or PS+ Sucks, I know, but there's nothing you can do about it. I wasn't too keen about buying PS+ either, but it's actually pretty cheap, and I might end up keeping it.

And if you really don't want to use PS+, and really need to transfer saves, I'm pretty sure you can spare the price of a sandwich and just buy the smallest amount of PS+ and not renew it.
---
Psn: BloodFalcon
#7sin_shenronPosted 10/13/2012 12:31:28 PM
Taizuku posted...
1. Launch model (fat) PS3s are the ones that YLOD randomly. Slims can be fixed easily.
2. PS+ is a great deal that everyone should go for because it gives you hella free games and discounts.
3. Deal with it.
4. Knocc em down

I guess we can agree this kind of stupid people should be kicked into a bottomless pit and the world would become a better place
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
#8TaizukuPosted 10/13/2012 12:40:33 PM
Wandering_Libra posted...
Taizuku posted...
1. Launch model (fat) PS3s are the ones that YLOD randomly. Slims can be fixed easily. BS all PS3 consoles get the YLOD

2. PS+ is a great deal that everyone should go for because it gives you hella free games and discounts. Do you work for Sony or something?

3. Deal with it. Whatever

4. Knocc em down Whatever

>Asks for opinions
>Denies all opinions.
What?

All PS3 models do get YLOD, however it's easy to fix the slim model's. You don't have to open it up, you don't have to send it in, usually, you can just reset it to factory defaults, or it's probably just dusty.

Also PS+ is great, whether you think so or not. In the last year with it, I saved 100 dollars on games and DLC because of discounts, and I got 600 dollars worth of free games. I only had to pay 50 dollars for a year, good deal.

Deal with it.

Knocc em down.
---
Breaking news: Local neckbeard makes self feel better by criticizing video game that a quiet minority deem to be 'fun' ~DoctorTitor
#9TaizukuPosted 10/13/2012 12:41:20 PM
sin_shenron posted...
Taizuku posted...
3. Deal with it.
4. Knocc em down

I guess we can agree this kind of stupid people should be kicked into a bottomless pit and the world would become a better place

Talking to me, or TC? Because TC is just butthurt.
---
#10doguimPosted 10/13/2012 1:15:39 PM
Taizuku posted...
3. Deal with it.
4. Knocc em down

Submission to the system. We can see this here, haha.

Well, this 24 hours save is the most dumb thing in PS3 , for sure. I had the same problem, I formated my PS3 and had the idea to sign psn plus because this idiots locked the save , so I signed, but this dumb 24 hours rule pi*** me off, and after the 24 hours finally I got the save back, but the damn game gave the message that the save had errors and could not be loaded.
HAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

And this dumb trophys did not achieved some trophys like tekken lord. All my progress was trown in the garbage because of this BS. There is no good reason to keep this stupid 24 hours rule. I paid for the save, so I suposed to get the save when I want, but it is ok, I will not prolong the psn + in the future, and that is all. I wonder ho was the Sony retard that had this dumb idea.