Did anyone else pre-order the game and are glad they did?

#11jenkbotPosted 11/2/2012 9:35:47 PM
I did and glad, because seeing Namco's pre-order bonuses take long to be available to everyone else.

PSN: c_my_art_j
#12unceramoniusPosted 11/2/2012 9:56:24 PM
Tiger you say the most idiotic things. The problem is gamespot charge a hell of a lot more than the average store.

How is it a "free" pre order bonus, when you are paying over $20 more to get it from game spot.

The equivalent here in australia is eb games....they charge $109. I got the game brand new on release from kmart for $69.

So because im smart and shop around i get shafted huh? I could have bought 2nd hand, and gave the developer nothing. Or am i supposed to get my "free" content by paying $40 more?

Yeah....ummm.......no
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#13Scc_DefenderPosted 11/2/2012 10:17:45 PM
unceramonius posted...
Tiger you say the most idiotic things. The problem is gamespot charge a hell of a lot more than the average store.

How is it a "free" pre order bonus, when you are paying over $20 more to get it from game spot.

The equivalent here in australia is eb games....they charge $109. I got the game brand new on release from kmart for $69.

So because im smart and shop around i get shafted huh? I could have bought 2nd hand, and gave the developer nothing. Or am i supposed to get my "free" content by paying $40 more?

Yeah....ummm.......no

EB Games actually launched it at 89, not 109.
The content is actually free, because the game would have been sold at 89 with, or without the DLC.

Also, You're the only once influencing your decision to pay $20 more. No one else. You could have decided the extra characters and stage were worth it, or not.
Your decision was the same one thousands of other people had to make, and you can't really say it's a rip-off for what I, and obviously in this thread, many other people believe was a good, and justified purchase. Especially considering TTT2 has a great amount of content for the price.

OT: If Kuni or Michelle weren't in the DLC packs, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I thought that they had originally removed Julia (Who between her and Michelle, I've mained in every game)
And wasn't looking twice at it. Then I saw Kuni and Michelle as characters, and that really restored my faith in TTT2

So yes, I Pre-Ordered it (as I do with just about every game I want) and yes, I DEFINITELY feel glad I did.
My percentage is like
Kunimitsu - 24%
Jaycee - 21%
Michelle - 19%
Then a fair ways down
Ancient Ogre - 6%

Now I've played A LOT of TTT2, so I definitely got my playtime worth out of the DLC characters.
---
XBL GT: Ignis Sphaera
Scc Defender - Always Striving For Glory
#14_tanjil_Posted 11/2/2012 10:17:47 PM
unceramonius posted...

Yeah....ummm.......no

what are you talking about they sold it at 49.99 day 1, they used to charge $5 + for games years ago but stopped doing that. they just dont usually get price drops as fast as futureshop/bestbuy
#15KaiMeraDaBeastPosted 11/2/2012 10:31:34 PM
Yes + yes
#16xQUEENOFLOVEHDxPosted 11/2/2012 10:40:10 PM
TigerJackson_ posted...
^this.

and to people complaining "there are no gamestops around me!!" too bad. time to move into civilization.

ehh I've lived in a city of 40,000 whose closest gamestop was in another city 62 miles away...
---
PSN: THEQUEENOFLOVEHD || http://www.youtube.com/thequeenoflovehd
Aris = Hagrid
#17gamestop27Posted 11/2/2012 11:16:27 PM
TigerJackson_ posted...
^this.

and to people complaining "there are no gamestops around me!!" too bad. time to move into civilization.

What a jackass.
---
Just sit there and shut up, this ain't no democracy~James Carter
...yes it is~Lee
#18unceramoniusPosted 11/2/2012 11:23:22 PM
tanji...AUSTRALIA.....not america.

Also to the one stating eb had it for $89......the we are tekken edition was $109.....dont kid yourself, it is not free.

I do not have to decide if i think its worth it, etc. A preorder bonus is just that. Why does it matter where i pre order? Why should i get ripped of at eb when i get it cheaper by a mile at kmart?

So now we have game companies taking your rights away with online passes.....locking out content.....and now telling you where to shop?

What next? Consoles giving you the "arcade experiance" at home by making you pay each time you play?

Pfftttt.....what utter garbage. I will never buy from eb, ever.
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#19unceramoniusPosted 11/2/2012 11:27:30 PM
And sc you contradict yourself.....how can i decide if its worth it, when you say its free?

If its free, its worth it, because its the same price mmm?

As i said....$69 at kmart.....now thats a steal. And ive played a crap load of tttt2 as well. But if i want gutted games, with the codes missing, and greasy marks all over them.....ill buy 2nd hand. Not ebs version of brand new......along with an inflated price tag
---
#20CreekCoPosted 11/2/2012 11:31:12 PM
I'm glad I did. My main reasoning was pretty much to support Haruda's continuing awesomeness. Tbh, I don't actually care for the game that much but it's well made and a good purchase.

I would say, though, that online passes for a Tekken game are just asking for trouble. It's not like SF where a bunch of casuals are automatically gonna want to play. You need to encourage as many new players as possible and I feel like the marketing division or whoever enforced this hinderance upon the game did it a great disservice.
---
Overwatch. -- X-Com: EU