Harada needs to be brave and introduce

#11AmazakPosted 11/7/2012 2:14:58 PM
ITT: Damage buffering is not enough.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/4ql6vr.png
#12LazyBroPosted 11/7/2012 2:48:29 PM
No need for juggle breakers just learn how to properly defend against launchers and not mash out buttons hoping to get a counter hit in.
#13skyMcWeedsPosted 11/7/2012 2:49:54 PM
The scrub is strong here.
---
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!
#14zhaoyun99Posted 11/7/2012 2:52:50 PM
Gosh, don't turn Tekken into another Guilty Gear. It was fine the way it is now.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#15FightGamePrincePosted 11/7/2012 2:55:00 PM
unceramonius posted...
No juggles and launchers are not at a risk....what toss. Kings hopkick, asukas hop kick, lee hop kick, miguels hop kick all say high. Jinpachis god d/f2 also says hi.

If all online is going to be, is a total wimp/pansy/bait fest....then counters need to happen.

And high level play? So what? Your talking about ARCADE! We are talking about a ps3 online with lag....massive difference.

Every Jumpkick (Besides kuni) is a mid. Most are punishable ands that usually slower, less rewarding ones. But all those launchers you named are punishable.

Also maybe if you guys knew how to use your character and know the moves of every other character it wouldn't be hard to win. You blame the game as if you are getting caught in juggles.

Also a combo breaker doesn't stop combo fiends. Look at MK9 it barely helps you.
---
TTT2 Main: Zafina/Christie
TTT2 Sub: Dragunov/Bryan
#16BluntGruntPosted 11/7/2012 2:55:57 PM
No. Juggle breakers would be kinda bad. Just tone down the damage of juggles a bit and it'll be fine. Not like it's that bad now, but you know. Wouldn't hurt it if they did it.
---
?????
#17IstilldunoPosted 11/7/2012 3:07:22 PM
If you get launched you probably deserved to get launched, you have a get out of jail for oki now so you can choose to not eat relaunchs even if you suck at getting up, there's no reason for anything more.
---
Atlus are the harbringers of PS3 region locking, boycott P4 Arena.
#18BlackShinobi13Posted 11/7/2012 3:57:31 PM
Tsunade11 posted...
Juggle breakers,

This small little game mechanic will change the face of Tekken forever, it will also force people to be a little more creative and explore their characters complete arsenal.

Seriously itís just becoming tedious blocking and blocking and frame reading juggles then poof youíre up in the air and being juggled by two people and then boom youíre dead?!

Whether the breakers work with a gauge or some other system it just has to be incorporated, this will reshape the entire franchise.

This can be done in a broader sense of revamping the Tekken's air combat mechanics, I think its about time for this natural progression to be incorporated. Itís a big risk and it will upset a lot of long term fans but its for the better I just know it.

I have some time to kill so I'll respond to this nonsense.
Juggles are an after effect of people getting hit, even if the game changed to more ground based damage it doesn't change the fact that the people complaining about juggles are still getting initially hit more times. If the game changed from juggles to ground combos absolutely nothing would change, the people complaining about juggles would just be getting hit with ground combos now.

And as for the combo breaker, Every game that has a combo breaker has a limit on how often you can do it, so even if you can escape one combo a round it
1) still doesn't mean you are any better at not getting hit, so the people who complain about juggle instead of learning the game are still more likely to get hit again, due to whiff pushes or block punishes or bad wakeup decisions.
2) ITS A TWO WAY STREET. Guess what? you weren't the only one who just got a combo breaker, now the guy who is already trashing you has one too. If they're hitting you 5 times a round and your only hitting them 2, one of those two times won't even fully count anymore. If you are doing less damage on your combos than your opponent is then combo breakers hurt youmore than they hurt your opponent. People who can't do combos shouldn't be asking for combo breakers, BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE THEM LOSE EVEN MORE.

Stop trying to get game mechanics to make up for the fact that you don't know what you are doing. Better players are still going to win and people complaining about juggles will still be complaining, even if they have to find something new to blame their loses on.
#19retep_onePosted 11/7/2012 5:07:24 PM
KenGi1226 posted...
juggle breakers aren't brave, they're a bandaid for bad players. An easy button if you will that wont even solve their problems. As often as people say they are getting launched, one little break wont help them, they'd just get launched right after they broke.

yeah true. its just to feed some lazy players trying to get shortcuts. heck if ever added combo breakers im sure its going to be the same type of people complaining.

Tsunade11 posted...
unceramonius posted...
No juggles and launchers are not at a risk....what toss. Kings hopkick, asukas hop kick, lee hop kick, miguels hop kick all say high. Jinpachis god d/f2 also says hi.

If all online is going to be, is a total wimp/pansy/bait fest....then counters need to happen.

And high level play? So what? Your talking about ARCADE! We are talking about a ps3 online with lag....massive difference.

I cant agree with you more, the system is being abused, even the juggles are becoming repetitive to look at.

Time to make air combat more dynamic and sophisticated.

i only mentioned high level play bec that is where you see most game basics and fundamentals in play. you get to see players defend well. last i check too arcade and ps3 online gameplay of tekken have the same mechanics. lag isnt that much massive difference to the game.

heck if you put combo breakers in game its gonna ruin the aspect of playing tekken. hate it or love it juggles have been part of tekken ever since. obviously complainers have to get better as TTT2 will stay as it is and work their game.
---
PSN: spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#20m44zuPosted 11/7/2012 5:08:10 PM
Tsunade11 posted...
Juggle breakers,

This small little game mechanic will change the face of Tekken forever, it will also force people to be a little more creative and explore their characters complete arsenal.

Seriously itís just becoming tedious blocking and blocking and frame reading juggles then poof youíre up in the air and being juggled by two people and then boom youíre dead?!

Whether the breakers work with a gauge or some other system it just has to be incorporated, this will reshape the entire franchise.

This can be done in a broader sense of revamping the Tekken's air combat mechanics, I think its about time for this natural progression to be incorporated. Itís a big risk and it will upset a lot of long term fans but its for the better I just know it.

me thinks game mechanics + juggle escape =
too much work. Game mechanics - launcher = do able