Harada needs to be brave and introduce

#121frozen37flamePosted 11/9/2012 11:41:23 PM
I think the point of rage is a comeback mechanic similar to combo breakers. Personally I don't like rage but I just deal with it since I still love playing Tekken. I'll just have to think of ways to counteract rage which in turn makes the game more fun for me. In my view rage is similar to combo breakers since both are get out of jail free cards when you make a mistake. Also about the walls I think if walls are removed than we will see only one juggle for each character. Why? Because there is no reason to use any other juggle aside from the one that would do the highest amount of damage. Without walls you won't contemplate on whether you want to wall carry or do the standard BnB. You'll just do that one single juggle once your launcher hits. No more thinking of your distance with the wall, the possibility of carrying opponent to the wall for more damage or just using the standard BnB and trying to increase your damage with oki. Without walls juggles will more likely always be launch, perset filler, ender and oki. At least with walls the moment you launch your opponent you have to decide on wether to carry them or spike them for oki. Also if you're not enjoying online than don't plain online. I personally don't play online and just use my console for practice since online causes me to do bad habits. I prefer playing in the arcades. Anyway such a long post that no one will read. This makes me sad. hahaha
---
TTT2 - Jun/Asuka,T6 - Asuka/Xiao, SSF4:AE- Dhalsim/Juri, UMvC3 - X23/Zero/Ammy, Blazblue - Noel
Time to practice and experiment with Jun and Asuka. I love TTT2
#122unceramoniusPosted 11/9/2012 11:52:34 PM
Yeah...but if launchers were actually risk/reward then i would have no problem with this.
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#123Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/9/2012 11:56:11 PM
Rage is a comeback mechanic not too far removed from combo breakers themselves, though the former obviously isn't as dramatic as the latter. That's all it is, and no, I don't like it at all. Sure, there are ways to intentionally not give the opponent rage (don't do tag assaults often or at all), and ways to take it away (do a tag assault on them which will give the other character rage instead), but I still find it lame. The rage damage in Tag 2 is just ridiculous overall. Their first character gets owned, so they bring in the second one, get some random lucky launcher, and I have just 10% health left, just like that? Hell, half the time it's not even launchers, just some lame-ass natural combo or some overpowered power hit (ridiculous Deathfist, anyone?) that gets thrown out.

But hey, this is how Tekken is now. Either you accept it and play anyway, or you just y'know, don't. Me, I didn't quit Tekken or anything, but I play it a lot less than I used to. It's more than just rage, I just don't like the direction the series is headed. And no, it's not because of "the nature" of Tag 2 as I'm well-aware that it's just some giant fanservice game of doom. Who knows what T7 will bring, but we won't see that for ages. Maybe (somehow) T x SF will pave the way for some actual innovation rather than just introducing yet another new gimmick or two.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#124frozen37flamePosted 11/10/2012 12:07:40 AM
Yeah I agree that some launchers are stupidly safe and that is frustrating but I just find ways to get around it. Someone spamming safe hopkicks? I study the range of the hopkick and evade with either a backdash or sidestep and whiff punish them or if I want a more aggressive/offensive solution I study the timing my opponent spams the hopkick and interupt them with jabs to float and juggle them or just stay close and pressure them so they can't do the hopkick. In this situation the hopkick being unseeable is a non-issue because you know that they will do a hopkick. If you can learn their timing than it's a cakewalk. As I have said before Tekken is about reading your opponent's tendencies and playstyle. The more you understand how your opponent fights the easier it will be. In average you can learn the tendencies of a spammer in half a round. I personally don't like some things in Tekken but since I fun playing it I can find ways to counteract them instead of going to forums and complaining about them. Though if complaining about game mechanics of a game is what floats your boat than more power to you! I personally don't care what changes they make to the game as long as I still enjoying playing it. If the changes they make annoy me to much than I'll just stop playing. Games are about having fun. If you're not having fun than don't play the game or find a way to counteract the annoyance and enjoy the game.
---
TTT2 - Jun/Asuka,T6 - Asuka/Xiao, SSF4:AE- Dhalsim/Juri, UMvC3 - X23/Zero/Ammy, Blazblue - Noel
#125Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/10/2012 12:25:47 AM
From: frozen37flame | Posted: 11/10/2012 1:07:40 AM | #124
Games are about having fun. If you're not having fun than don't play the game or find a way to counteract the annoyance and enjoy the game.

Which is what I've been doing for years, and that's why I said I don't play Tekken that much anymore, so yeah.

My problem isn't getting owned by repetitive stuff, though it does happen. My only competition with this game is the few friends I have who actually play this game, and I own pretty much all of them with little effort. The only other option is online, which is garbage aside from a few friends I have that are really good, many better than me. I had fun with them and probably will in the future. But many of them share the same sentiments that I do. It's a lot more than "Oh, I'm mad because I'm losing a lot more often due to me not understanding xxx" or whatever. I didn't like Tekken 6 much, and Tag 2 is essentially Tekken 6.2 + Tag and all the new gameplay conventions they added (z0mg Tag Assault, Tag Crash, Balcony/Floor breaks along with the pre-existing concepts of bound and rage). It's just a mess to me. If they continue at this rate, people will be spending more time studying the game than playing it. They'll have friggin' college courses offered in schools just so people could keep up.

Usually if someone takes the time to type out a valid complaint (read: not a generic bash attempt with no basis), and others echo those concerns, you might have a potential problem on your hands. And no, I'm not saying Tekken is doomed, but it's not getting any more popular (as evidenced by sales of Tekken 6 and Tag 2 overall) than it has been in recent times. It never fails that if I go on some gaming news site and read some Tekken-related news, a lot of people will be either remembering the "glory days" of older Tekken games or lamenting the direction the series is headed. Other times it'll be Tekken newbs who said they were turned off by the game's complexity.

But eh, it's whatever. I really don't care what they do at this point, since I'm not that big on fighters in general anyway. They can do whatever. They're selling enough copies to make more games, so obviously the majority has no problem with the newer games, and that's fine by me. I just won't be buying them myself any more unless something drastic (good, hopefully) happens.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#126frozen37flamePosted 11/10/2012 12:57:43 AM
Azuma my post wasn't in response to yours. It was my response to unceramonius and also I agree with your points. Also I'm not saying that people who complain are people who just keep on losing or something like that. I'm just telling him that if he's getting frustrated and annoyed by the game to the point that he post his hatred nonstop than I suggest that he stop playing or find a way to play that won't stress him out to much. It's just illogical for me to see someone play a game in the way he hates so much.
---
#127BlackShinobi13Posted 11/10/2012 12:57:49 AM
Does anyone ever click the links that I leave in my posts, especially the last two?

Tekken Tag 2 isn't a new game and it isn't evolving randomly in the US. Korean has had the game longer and their players have already dealt with some of the things people think are so unbeatable and have problems with. They already have anti rage strats that are above what is being used in the US right now, and if you look at the last video you'll see that the massive amount of launchers just isn't there because they also have movement and spacing that america can't match yet in the game..

If you plan on getting left behind by his game then launchers will always be a problem for you, but its not even a guess to say that rage and juggle and tag assault usage will be changing in america in the next 6 months to a year as we catch up to what the Korean players already know.

Seriously, try checking out the links every once in a while, unlike people who just spit nonsense opinions I try to back up what I say with some kind of evidence that will help people learn how to play better.
#128retep_onePosted 11/10/2012 1:47:08 AM
BlackShinobi13 posted...
Does anyone ever click the links that I leave in my posts, especially the last two?

Tekken Tag 2 isn't a new game and it isn't evolving randomly in the US. Korean has had the game longer and their players have already dealt with some of the things people think are so unbeatable and have problems with. They already have anti rage strats that are above what is being used in the US right now, and if you look at the last video you'll see that the massive amount of launchers just isn't there because they also have movement and spacing that america can't match yet in the game..

If you plan on getting left behind by his game then launchers will always be a problem for you, but its not even a guess to say that rage and juggle and tag assault usage will be changing in america in the next 6 months to a year as we catch up to what the Korean players already know.

Seriously, try checking out the links every once in a while, unlike people who just spit nonsense opinions I try to back up what I say with some kind of evidence that will help people learn how to play better.

true^
i think if youre getting caught up with juggles, wall, rage, etc you may want to get some strategies, tweak your game. if you really want to check and learn the actual depth of the game then check vids of gameplays or websites focused on tekken. dont bring up the lag issue too if someone is gonna point out that arcade is way different from online. lag doest affect your gameplay
if youre not having fun anymore either winning or losing stop whining and quit the game.
very illogical saying its your fave but spewing a lot of hatred to it. and blaming "fanboys" or being slow bec they cant agree with him
---
PSN: Spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#129unceramoniusPosted 11/10/2012 2:24:29 AM
Oh i dont care if people agree with me or not. Some will...some wont

You however do take it to another level, saying lag does not effect gameplay.....that is just a statement so untrue and stupid.

I find many a round im up 2-0 and random mysterious lag occurs....now lows are completely unblockable and the games choppy. Now maybe your the cm punk of tekken, and the best in the world....but i will admit, there are times when block and certain moves dont work online.

Lets hope there is enough noise and backlash to get rage out of tekken 7. If everything had to stay bar one thing....id choose rage over everything.

And yes im sure the koreans are absolutely dominant....but it still doesnt change how absurd rage is. Or how much of a turtle/launch fest my region is

Dont agree?.....Cool
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#130Tsunade11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 3:54:58 AM
I think 125 posts later itís safe to say that the majority of users are vehemently against juggle breakers.

However, I still will remain an advocate for providing users with more defensive options in the air, it doesnít have to be one button juggle escapes, it could be a variety of options and combinations. The thought of a fighter breaking out of an air juggle would lead to some cool aerial acrobatics animations. If fighters can run and flip on walls then the potential for aerial escapes is just as enticing.

However using this thread as random sample to test the waters, it is quite clear that Juggle breakers is quite controversial.

As for rage I do not have a problem with it, I always feel that not being able to finish off a match is the fault of the player. Once you have an opponent on rage you should have a cool enough head to kill off the match. Also come back victories with or without rage is one of the highlights of the current Combat system theyíre quite exhilarating.

As for the mysterious two rounds up lag, Iíve also experienced it sometimes and it usually is against a Mishima using hellfire sweeps, that I can block perfectly in a non lag environment but when its laggy the blocks 50% of the time do not work but they rarely win when they resort to such cheap tactics.