Harada needs to be brave and introduce

#131unceramoniusPosted 11/10/2012 3:59:31 AM
Nah man......annas f4 takes over half your bar on rage....thats ludicrous. King also has his jump spin kick that takes 75% off on rage....that is completely bullcrap

Too many victories are awarded to the player who got his butt kicked, because he landed one move or two moves with rage. If your opponent has rage and your under 75% health.....your a chance to get beat in one move...thats pathetic design
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#132Tsunade11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 4:32:22 AM
unceramonius posted...
Nah man......annas f4 takes over half your bar on rage....thats ludicrous. King also has his jump spin kick that takes 75% off on rage....that is completely bullcrap

Too many victories are awarded to the player who got his butt kicked, because he landed one move or two moves with rage. If your opponent has rage and your under 75% health.....your a chance to get beat in one move...thats pathetic design

THat is true but it doesn't happen quite that often so I don't see a need to have rage removed, it adds some excitement to finishing of a match and in my case 90% of the time I win a match when my opponent gets Rage. so its a non issue for me.
#133skyraxPosted 11/10/2012 4:32:28 AM
- Something tells me you're thrashing out moves and eating CH rage. In which case... be more careful. You don't take CH damage if you're dashing or sidestepping, only if you were about to attack.
- Tekken has scaled down combo damage over each game, and damage overall (you clearly don't remember a time when King could kill you if he landed a CH stagger kick - look up Octopus Hold sometime). Do you remember eating a CH Deathfist back in T3? Do you remember eating a CH Deathfist in Tag 2?
- Tag 2 has a slightly bigger lifebar than 6.
- Combos look longer, but do roughly the same damage overall.
- The average player neither has the dedication or the ability to land KYSG combo video stuff. Not offline, and especially not online.
- Vast majority of hopkicks can be sidestepped, they have poor tracking. King's knee has poor range as it's a knee not a kick. Patience.

Fortunately you have an offline option with your friends. Play them how you will.

That said, more options for people against walls would be nice. Wall techs can still work, Namco, bring 'em back.
---
The Xbox isn't defined by its ability to moon jump. ~PaddyFinnLike
#134retep_onePosted 11/10/2012 5:31:12 AM
Tsunade11 posted...
However, I still will remain an advocate for providing users with more defensive options in the air, it doesn’t have to be one button juggle escapes, it could be a variety of options and combinations. The thought of a fighter breaking out of an air juggle would lead to some cool aerial acrobatics animations. If fighters can run and flip on walls then the potential for aerial escapes is just as enticing.

However using this thread as random sample to test the waters, it is quite clear that Juggle breakers is quite controversial.

As for rage I do not have a problem with it, I always feel that not being able to finish off a match is the fault of the player. Once you have an opponent on rage you should have a cool enough head to kill off the match. Also come back victories with or without rage is one of the highlights of the current Combat system they’re quite exhilarating.

As for the mysterious two rounds up lag, I’ve also experienced it sometimes and it usually is against a Mishima using hellfire sweeps, that I can block perfectly in a non lag environment but when its laggy the blocks 50% of the time do not work but they rarely win when they resort to such cheap tactics.

im against combo breakers being added but at least youre stating a point and what you feel could improve the game. not some whining or complaining

as for lags it aint the fault of game mechanics and design anymore. there are people who will try to use cheap tactics one way or the other to win
---
PSN: Spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#135majin nemesisPosted 11/10/2012 6:03:07 AM
unceramonius posted...
Oh i dont care if people agree with me or not. Some will...some wont

You however do take it to another level, saying lag does not effect gameplay.....that is just a statement so untrue and stupid.

I find many a round im up 2-0 and random mysterious lag occurs....now lows are completely unblockable and the games choppy. Now maybe your the cm punk of tekken, and the best in the world....but i will admit, there are times when block and certain moves dont work online.

Lets hope there is enough noise and backlash to get rage out of tekken 7. If everything had to stay bar one thing....id choose rage over everything.

And yes im sure the koreans are absolutely dominant....but it still doesnt change how absurd rage is. Or how much of a turtle/launch fest my region is

Dont agree?.....Cool

no they are not,they will be harder to avoid but it's not impossible trust me,back in tekken 6 i played some matchs with an extremely amount of lag(i had a bad connection) enough to moves in slow motion and i stil manage to do something
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#136unceramoniusPosted 11/10/2012 6:51:17 AM
Maybe different for your region? ......I can pull off only very basic stuff when the game gets choppy (obviously its on purpose)

As for side stepping hop kicks....hmmmm, ill try to incorporate that...but the problem is just how quick and spammable they are. And the fact they lead to bound.

And yeah i am copping ch rage.....but i still hate the mechanic with a passion. Death streaks in cod, rubber banding in racing games....comeback meters in tekken?
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#137Iiquid_marioPosted 11/10/2012 9:01:23 AM
stop being so elitist. My god some people act like they have to take out a second mortgage...

its T7. People want something new. Whatever mechanic they introduce obviously wont effect the hardcore crowd since they all know how to adapt. Im all for Namco introducing some new mechanics. I've been playing Tekken since T2 faithfully but its about time we saw something else. The people who are so against this combo breaking addition are probably people who rely on juggles. Youll get over it if its included. Trust me. MVC3 introduced a combo breaker and people are fine with that...at first they werent when it was first announced but they got over it when they played the game.

Yeah. I watched some of the links but still. The game has become too reliant on juggles. You can't escape from them, and you can't counter them. The only thing you can do is to not get juggled in the first place, and that I believe does not make sense at all. We all make mistakes so there's no way you can simply avoid them. If the majority of the match includes one guy using his opponent as a human hacky sack the entire time, then where is the fight at?

Yes I know, I know... They've been around from the beginning, but see that's the thing, when things grow repetitive a change needs to be implemented. And that change does not mean that juggles should be removed entirely, but a counter system is a must.
---
"annnd that's how i trolled them"
Pokemon Black FC: 4427-0788-3787
#138ChaozCloudPosted 11/10/2012 9:08:28 AM
Iiquid_mario posted...
stop being so elitist. My god some people act like they have to take out a second mortgage...

its T7. People want something new. Whatever mechanic they introduce obviously wont effect the hardcore crowd since they all know how to adapt. Im all for Namco introducing some new mechanics. I've been playing Tekken since T2 faithfully but its about time we saw something else. The people who are so against this combo breaking addition are probably people who rely on juggles. Youll get over it if its included. Trust me. MVC3 introduced a combo breaker and people are fine with that...at first they werent when it was first announced but they got over it when they played the game.

Yeah. I watched some of the links but still. The game has become too reliant on juggles. You can't escape from them, and you can't counter them. The only thing you can do is to not get juggled in the first place, and that I believe does not make sense at all. We all make mistakes so there's no way you can simply avoid them. If the majority of the match includes one guy using his opponent as a human hacky sack the entire time, then where is the fight at?

Yes I know, I know... They've been around from the beginning, but see that's the thing, when things grow repetitive a change needs to be implemented. And that change does not mean that juggles should be removed entirely, but a counter system is a must.

MvC3 is different. It's much easier to start a combo and you can also do crazy good solo dmg so you don't have to use the tag attack. It's also a 1/3 chance if someone decides to use the tag attack.
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
#139majin nemesisPosted 11/10/2012 9:17:48 AM(edited)
Iiquid_mario posted...

i don't rely on juggles too much heck most of my juggles go up to 3 or 4 hits but juggles have always been part of the game,a big part, why should they change that because noobs don't know how to deal with them and you think what if they actually implement a juggle break you think people won't abuse it? they will abuse it so much that it wiil be impossible to use juggles and Tekken will stop being Tekken
you know what if you hate the gameplay of this game why don't you go play other fighting game instead of trying to ruin this one
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#140Violet_LeePosted 11/10/2012 9:57:15 AM
It's not "brave" to introduce juggle breakers. It's just another pointless hand holding mechanic that disrupts the flow of gameplay and bring unecessary delays to matches. And a juggle breaker would also break the balance between ground damage and juggle damage.

I.E.: I go through the effort of baiting a whiff, only to whiff punish at the correct moment and go for the kill with a high damage, high execution juggle... someone presses a button "JUGGLE BREAKER", you just lost your reward.

Then someone randomly throws out a deathfist and gets a lucky CH for the same damage you would get with your entire launcher. No juggle breaker possible.

If you want a a game that is actually aimed at noobs who have the mindset of "combos are too powerful! there should be a way to break free!!11", go play DOA.