Harada needs to be brave and introduce

#21aataruPosted 11/7/2012 5:09:03 PM
KenGi1226 posted...
juggle breakers aren't brave, they're a bandaid for bad players. An easy button if you will that wont even solve their problems. As often as people say they are getting launched, one little break wont help them, they'd just get launched right after they broke.
#22Zyx-WhitewindPosted 11/7/2012 6:21:40 PM
juggle breakers just sound weird in this game. Anyway 2 or 3 good pokes do the same as a juggle anyway. For me the most powerful thing about juggles is the posistion advantage it gives not damage.

Something like aircontrol like soulcaliber would be better. Actually you should play that TC. Sounds like youd like it more.
---
I lost my Game FAQ account...
#23CKnightPosted 11/7/2012 8:31:22 PM
Maybe introduce meter in Tekken 7.

High damaging juggles require meter, so matches just don't turn into constant launcher attempts.

Maybe combo breakers that use meter.

And cinematic super moves that can be tied into combos and use meter.

All this with an overall streamlining of the system.
#24Zyx-WhitewindPosted 11/7/2012 8:59:27 PM
CKnight posted...

High damaging juggles require meter, so matches just don't turn into constant launcher attempts.

sounds like you should just play SF4 or marvel.
---
I lost my Game FAQ account...
#25CKnightPosted 11/7/2012 9:03:33 PM
Zyx-Whitewind posted...
CKnight posted...

sounds like you should just play SF4 or marvel.

I do play those, as well as SFXT and MK9 which oddly benefited with the introduction of meter as did SCV which only suffered because of its half assed content.
#26CKnightPosted 11/7/2012 9:06:42 PM
But it's just a suggestion, don't get too defensive.
#27Tsunade11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 1:20:41 AM
BlackShinobi13 posted...
Tsunade11 posted...
Juggle breakers,

This small little game mechanic will change the face of Tekken forever, it will also force people to be a little more creative and explore their characters complete arsenal.

Seriously itís just becoming tedious blocking and blocking and frame reading juggles then poof youíre up in the air and being juggled by two people and then boom youíre dead?!

Whether the breakers work with a gauge or some other system it just has to be incorporated, this will reshape the entire franchise.

This can be done in a broader sense of revamping the Tekken's air combat mechanics, I think its about time for this natural progression to be incorporated. Itís a big risk and it will upset a lot of long term fans but its for the better I just know it.

I have some time to kill so I'll respond to this nonsense.
Juggles are an after effect of people getting hit, even if the game changed to more ground based damage it doesn't change the fact that the people complaining about juggles are still getting initially hit more times. If the game changed from juggles to ground combos absolutely nothing would change, the people complaining about juggles would just be getting hit with ground combos now.

And as for the combo breaker, Every game that has a combo breaker has a limit on how often you can do it, so even if you can escape one combo a round it
1) still doesn't mean you are any better at not getting hit, so the people who complain about juggle instead of learning the game are still more likely to get hit again, due to whiff pushes or block punishes or bad wakeup decisions.
2) ITS A TWO WAY STREET. Guess what? you weren't the only one who just got a combo breaker, now the guy who is already trashing you has one too. If they're hitting you 5 times a round and your only hitting them 2, one of those two times won't even fully count anymore. If you are doing less damage on your combos than your opponent is then combo breakers hurt youmore than they hurt your opponent. People who can't do combos shouldn't be asking for combo breakers, BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE THEM LOSE EVEN MORE.

Stop trying to get game mechanics to make up for the fact that you don't know what you are doing. Better players are still going to win and people complaining about juggles will still be complaining, even if they have to find something new to blame their loses on.

First of all raising a valid concern is not nonsense, im guilty of juggling as well. Tekken being such a well made and sophisticated game needs and air combat system to match.

As someone mentioned before gameplay becomes tedious due to the repetitive nature and styles of juggles, and lag also plays a role in failed blocks also leading to unavoidable free juggle damage.

Whether I Win or lose I love tekken's combat system, in most cases the basic framework is grounded in reality, but when it comes to air combat I would rather have more options under my disposal. It's just not realistic being launched in then being pounded by 11+ hit juggle all the while just sitting there and doing nothing, having the option to fight back in the air would further add to the intensity of the game.

Even if breaking is limited, just having that option would greatly improve the overall fighting experience. Im not a newbie I've been with this game since the nineties, I've seen the game mechanics evolve and grow, juggles actually play a big part in my punishing game, but I think it us for the better if giving users more air combat and defense options. It will be revolutionary to Tekken.
#28unceramoniusPosted 11/8/2012 1:47:27 AM
And launchers need to actually be unsafe too.......where is the risk/reward?

Block...hop kick.....block...hop kick.....block...hop kick...FINALLY land it...match over.

If you whiff a launcher, it should be pretty much a game over situation.

Anyone who is in total praise of the game mechanics.....and goes on about noobs etc....needs to remember the comeback meter in this game. Rage is so game turning and pathetic...it should be patched out

Anyways.....to stop this whole bound....tag juggle, wall crap. Introduce a one on one rank mode. Sure theres still juggles, and rage.....and walls.....but no more bound and tag assault crap.
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#29retep_onePosted 11/8/2012 2:12:56 AM
unceramonius posted...
And launchers need to actually be unsafe too.......where is the risk/reward?

Block...hop kick.....block...hop kick.....block...hop kick...FINALLY land it...match over.

If you whiff a launcher, it should be pretty much a game over situation.

Anyone who is in total praise of the game mechanics.....and goes on about noobs etc....needs to remember the comeback meter in this game. Rage is so game turning and pathetic...it should be patched out

Anyways.....to stop this whole bound....tag juggle, wall crap. Introduce a one on one rank mode. Sure theres still juggles, and rage.....and walls.....but no more bound and tag assault crap.

whiffed hop kicks are punishable. if you are really pissed by hop kicks then defense and movement is key. if youre able to defend well and adjust to opponents relying too much on juggle and hop kicks they will get burned

realistically rage is too powerful sometimes ever since it was introduced in T6 even some long time tekken players felt uneasy about it. but like tag assaults right now in TTT2 they learned and dealt with it, there are some calls to patch rage if it ever happens then good for some. if not then deal with it

no more bounds? in 1 on 1 ranking? if ever there will be 1 on 1 ranking bounds would be retained. no tag assaults yeah, but if you dont like bound then try Tekken 5 as it is already part of the game since Tekken 6
---
PSN: spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#30unceramoniusPosted 11/8/2012 2:25:42 AM
Nah the lag as some others have said is what makes certain mechanics more broken than others.

Arcade may be perfectly fine, but online on a ps3 it is not. The net code is remarkedly solid....but not perfect. And time and again you will eat stuff you know fully well you blocked. Is it excuses.? People on a message board will say yes....then cuss into their head set away from others later.

Yes bounds are in tekken 6...but so what? How many previous tekkens didnt have them? A new mechanic is not always a good thing.

Seriously , next ranked game, go make a coffee. Your opponent will still just be dashing back, waiting for you. I have had more time out victories in this....or wins in under 10 seconds remaining than any fighting game in history.

Want to win online.....here is the ONLY way you will win consistently. Block....bait.....juggle....bound....tag assault...wall.....game over!!

Remember to not attack first.....and you will win a lot more. 2 bonuses. One is, if your opponent hits you...well when you launch them you will have rage. And if your opponent does attack and you block...hop kick launch and its all over anyways.

this is why the mechanics are broken. Lets have tekken 3.....5 gameplay with these new move sets. Too hell with rage, walls and bounds
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!