There needs to be a balance patch soon

#41NavarexPosted 11/12/2012 5:01:06 AM
blackhrt posted...
XWolfO posted...
Nerf everyone so I can not suck!!!

Yeah, no. Cry some more.

Why stop at Tekken? Why not go back to the first street fighter and make shoryukens 1 hit kills? Why not go back to streets of rage and make all the bosses take 3 hits and die?

only the fat guys that blow fire, they are overpowered
---
omg das ofensive pls delet it -__-
2Spooky4Me
#42SyggysPosted 11/12/2012 5:24:43 AM
blackhrt posted...
That was a joke topic people. The TC is new to Tekken. Tiers are a myth too.

Tiers are not a myth. All characters are different, which means they have inherent advantages and disadvantages over one another. Balance is a measure of a disparity between these differences.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#43STAR JillPosted 11/12/2012 7:49:06 AM
Meh, tier list gets boiled down to a character's risk/reward ratio, but it's instantly nullified if a person's skill is greater than the other.

Player skill > Tier list

But if two players are of same skill, or around the same THEN the tier list comes into factor.

So quite honestly, don't blame the tier list on anything. You can pick all the Mishimas you want for a team, no wavedash, pEWGF or iEWGF upon reaction with reactionary punishment out of anything, then they are just like the rest of the cast.

With that said, Kuma is really fun to play =D
#44ace248952Posted 11/12/2012 7:58:11 AM
STAR Jill posted...
Meh, tier list gets boiled down to a character's risk/reward ratio, but it's instantly nullified if a person's skill is greater than the other.

Player skill > Tier list

But if two players are of same skill, or around the same THEN the tier list comes into factor.

So quite honestly, don't blame the tier list on anything. You can pick all the Mishimas you want for a team, no wavedash, pEWGF or iEWGF upon reaction with reactionary punishment out of anything, then they are just like the rest of the cast.

^this (well, i disagree with the kuma thing, but yeah) :)

To bring it all together for those that dont realize it (newer players), think about how many matches online you've seen low attacks and weren't fast enough to mitigate that damage. Just saiyan.
---
LP, LP -> LK, HP
My anti-drug
#45pAceyzPosted 11/12/2012 8:32:43 AM
STAR Jill posted...

Player skill > Tier list

It's common sense that player skill > tiers. I don't think anyone would dispute that ever.
#46SyggysPosted 11/12/2012 9:04:07 AM
I said nothing about the value of a tier list. Only that it exists.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#47BlackShinobi13Posted 11/12/2012 9:31:54 AM
I'm not sure if everyone here knows how tier lists are made.
Tier list are made with the optimium level of play for all character taken into account. Yes, a average or bad player with a top tier character will lose to a pro using a low tier character, but that is NOT how tier lists work. Tier lists do not take bad players into account AT ALL.

If two expert level players who know their characters inside and out and don't drop their combos play each other, the player with the higher tier character will win more, unless Player A's top tier has a bad matchup against Player B's low tier character. Uneven skill is not an argument against tier lists because that is not how tier lists are made.
#48Violet_LeePosted 11/12/2012 9:43:27 AM
Noregrets posted...
Violet_Lee posted...
Noregrets posted...
fix alisa's 1,1 please

Fix as in buff or nerf? Because it has been nerfed as hell since T6.

The damn thing has been listed as a "punisher" in the TZ forums but it isn't a true combo. I've tried doing it on heiachi in training and it only worked in the wall. Buff it as in make it a true combo all the time so that Alisa players aren't playing with their hands tied.

Lol, it is a NC. If it was not, Alisa would be really bad. But it is delayable as well, so if you're gonna use it as a punisher, you have to press 1,1 fast. Mash 1 a bit, it's gonna work. If you're using it during jab pressure, delaying the second 1 will sometimes net you CH, which knocks down.
#49creep50Posted 11/12/2012 9:55:27 AM
laws lili ogre....all desperately need a buff

and mishimas have to be nerfed

this game is not balanced people can say skill>tiers all they want but that dosnt chance the fact that the game is unbalanced
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#50STAR JillPosted 11/12/2012 11:09:35 AM
creep50 posted...
laws lili ogre....all desperately need a buff

and mishimas have to be nerfed

this game is not balanced people can say skill>tiers all they want but that dosnt chance the fact that the game is unbalanced

Okay then, since you claim the game is unbalanced, why don't you state why you think those characters all need a buff and in what areas they need tweaking?

On top of that, in what way should the Mishimas be nerfed?

Just don't throw around words and characters without something solid to back it up or you just saying it for the sake of...well saying it