For all you clone haters, name one Tekken game that didn't have a clone.

#1EmbraceChaosPosted 11/25/2012 1:47:40 PM
Tekken 1: Virtually everyone was clone-like with each other since many had the same combos (the dynamics weren't all that large). Even then, P.Jack and Jack-1 if you want to only count separate slots.

Tekken 2: Alex/Roger, Devil/Angel and Kazuya (largely the same moveset). Jack-2/P.Jack and King/Armor King, if you want to just count separate slots.

Tekken 3: Ogre/True Ogre for those who count by character slots. Panda/Kuma. Tiger/Eddy.

Tekken Tag 1: Want me to go there? 3 Jacks, 3 Kazuya-type characters, Michelle and Julia, Tiger/Eddy, 2 bears, Mokujin and Unknown, etc. Largely seen as the best before TTT2.

Tekken 4: Miharu/Xiaoyu, Panda/Kuma. Violet/Lee. None by slots, and people say it was the worst.

Tekken 5: Eddy/Christie, Panda/Kuma, and Devil Jin/Jin (some fans around this time decried they should be the same character). Ganryu, Jack-5, and Roger Jr. had largely similar movesets around this time.

DR: Eddy/Christie have separate character slots.

Tekken 6: Eddy/Christie have separate slots, Panda/Kuma.

Tekken Tag 2: Unknown/Jun, Violet/Lee, Sebastian/Lili, and Tiger/Eddy/Christie. Less than what people actually would find because the rest of the cast are more diversified than Tekken Tag 1's so even characters like Bryan and Bruce have very different moves overall compared to the Tekken Tag 1 counterparts.

If you count palette swaps, Tekken has never gone a game without clone characters. If you count it by character roster then only Tekken 4 but that's only if you count by the character roster and not palette swaps.

Take that, clone haters! >=)
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#2SpooferPosted 11/25/2012 1:54:27 PM
Uh...
---
Velvet dreams. Starlight beams. Plastic freaks. On the streets.
Take me home. Before I'm dead. SciFi girl. In my head.
#3CuriousTroutPosted 11/25/2012 1:57:03 PM
Spoofer posted...
Uh...

Pointless Post x_x

I'm personally kind of glad they have clone characters. I like to have a tag team (considering this is Tekken TAG Tournament 2), but still want to use the same fighting style sometimes.
---
GT: CuriousTrout
#4TaizukuPosted 11/25/2012 2:01:16 PM
ITT: The house has always been on fire. Now that there is more fire, you should still be okay with it.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#5EmbraceChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 2:13:19 PM
Taizuku posted...
ITT: The house has always been on fire. Now that there is more fire, you should still be okay with it.

ITT: Horrible analogies that compare video games to life-threatening catastrophes.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#6Doc_ErJPosted 11/25/2012 2:16:28 PM
How is Devil Jin and Jin a clone? In fighting games, clones are characters that have the same or very similar moveset. Other than the fact that they're the same character, Devil Jin and Jin's differences are like night and day.
---
PSN: ErJ670
Want to play with me? Check out my games list, add me, and say you're from GFaqs and what game you wish to play with me.
#7XenilPosted 11/25/2012 2:50:46 PM
Most fighting games have some form of a clone.
#8CuriousTroutPosted 11/25/2012 2:52:14 PM
Xenil posted...
Most fighting games have some form of a clone.

Ken and Ryu anybody?
---
GT: CuriousTrout
#9FullAutoCVTPosted 11/25/2012 2:54:44 PM
Tekken Advance had none ;p

I'll take Tag over that any day!
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1001 posts........and counting
#10SpooferPosted 11/25/2012 3:01:50 PM
FullAutoCVT posted...
Tekken Advance had none ;p

Jin and Heihachi. =p
---
Velvet dreams. Starlight beams. Plastic freaks. On the streets.
Take me home. Before I'm dead. SciFi girl. In my head.