If I love Tekken 5, but hate Tekken 6 (excessive juggles) will I like this?

#1NicodimusPosted 11/26/2012 1:41:48 PM
I see it's on sale right now...T6 left a really bad taste in my mouth though, so I'm cautious. Opinions?
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#2KonaseRitsukoPosted 11/26/2012 1:44:21 PM(edited)
If you hate Tekken 6 with a passion because of the juggles you might not like this one as well. Check it out yourself it's not up to us to judge things you like or don't like.
---
Just f*** my 2007 username.
PSN: GIZOUGHTE
#3ChaozCloudPosted 11/26/2012 1:45:33 PM
The game is pretty much T6 with tag thrown in. If you didn't like T6 there is a good chance you won't like this.
Also, juggles are longer and slightly more dmging on average thanks to Tag Assault.
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
#4Nicodimus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:57:51 PM
The game is pretty much T6 with tag thrown in.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#5aiiirikPosted 11/26/2012 2:19:55 PM
The juggles have actually gotten longer since T6. However, they have drastically changed the scaling of moves as well. While a juggle can take off 50% off your life with tag assault, a raged deathfist from paul will take off 50++% HP.

Strings in this game do crazy damage now, you actually have a good shot of winning even without juggles. However, juggles are still powerful, you will have to decide for yourself.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#6BlizzagaLanteanPosted 11/26/2012 2:31:38 PM
If you dont like juggles you wont like this
#7BombermanGoldPosted 11/26/2012 2:33:40 PM
Juggles were more damaging in T5, so I don't get the hate?
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#8aiiirikPosted 11/26/2012 2:36:50 PM(edited)
BombermanGold posted...
Juggles were more damaging in T5, so I don't get the hate?

Less damaging, but they last twice as long. When you can't do them yourself it feels like it goes on forever. I can see how it's frustrating when you're a beginner.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#9FullAutoCVTPosted 11/26/2012 4:35:31 PM
I suggest you play SvR/WWE if you don't like juggles. Very fun and no juggles at all ;)

The biggest draw to this game (for me) is the roster; specifically the returning characters. True Ogre, Ancient Ogre, Kunimitsu, Angel, and Devil Kazuya are all in my top 10 favorite Tekken characters, and all have been shafted from the main series in favor of unappealing (again, for me) new characters. Therefore, this will possibly be my favorite Tekken entry for a while.

As for the juggles, they're pretty much expanded with the tag assaults, so that's on the downside if you hate juggles. But the tag assaults look cooler than your everyday juggles, and the game should be enjoyable to a tekken fan either way.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1001 posts........and counting
#10Zyx-WhitewindPosted 11/26/2012 5:29:14 PM
The more I see these anti juggle posts the more I realize that its not about damage at all and more about time.

Every Tekken has had juggles, and they have always done 50% or more damage. However the juggles have been becoming longer and easier to do due to just controls and system mechanics being easier to use. While this happens juggle scaling has become more apparent allowing a CH string to often do compairable damage or even just 2 to 3 pokes to be equivilent to a combo in damage.

People usual say its the combo that killed them forgeting about those low pokes and punishes that took 60% of their life before they got launched.
---
I lost my Game FAQ account...