Why Can't TTT2 be canon?

#1DivonaPosted 11/28/2012 4:52:16 PM
I'm a noob here and this is probably an ignorant question but it sounds like the plots in it (outside of the silly ones) could be considered canon.
#2vega2505Posted 11/28/2012 5:18:22 PM
They sort of are, but by saying they're non-canon, they don't have to stick with them if they don't want to.

I don't follow the plot of Tekken much anyway, since it's mostly convoluted and doesn't take it self seriously in the first place.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#3EmbraceChaosPosted 11/28/2012 5:20:59 PM
Too many dead characters:

P.Jack, Ogre, Angel, Jinpachi, etc.

Heihachi's super young.

The plot wouldn't really make sense. Why would people like Kazuya and Jin tag team with anyone? They're the type to go at it alone and not trust others.

Some characters haven't aged. Michelle should be older as should Jun.

Dr.B is crippled last time I checked. Although, I'm only basing this of Bryan's attack in Tekken 5.

Violet and Lee being the same person. Same, technically, with Unknown and Jun unless changed later.

---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#4EmbraceChaosPosted 11/28/2012 5:21:52 PM
vega2505 posted...
They sort of are, but by saying they're non-canon, they don't have to stick with them if they don't want to.

I don't follow the plot of Tekken much anyway, since it's mostly convoluted and doesn't take it self seriously in the first place.

It was good up until Tekken 5 and Tekken 6. I loved it until those damn plot holes started popping-up. Mainly Heihachi and Raven (read their lolworthy Tekken 6 bios).
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#5Dark_DespairPosted 11/28/2012 5:36:10 PM
Divona posted...
I'm a noob here and this is probably an ignorant question but it sounds like the plots in it (outside of the silly ones) could be considered canon.

Alternate universe. So some events do fall in line with atleast the last canon game which is Tekken 6.
---
PSN Gamer Tag: Murciealago229
Currently Playing: Madden 13, Tekken Tag 2, Arkham City and DoA 5.
#6AIbedoPosted 11/28/2012 6:11:51 PM
vega2505 posted...
doesn't take it self seriously in the first place.

Tekken 6's story had Nietzsche quotations.
---
~Albedo~
"I've reached a higher stage of existence compared to you incomplete mortals."
#7EmbraceChaosPosted 11/28/2012 6:28:02 PM
AIbedo posted...
vega2505 posted...
doesn't take it self seriously in the first place.

Tekken 6's story had Nietzsche quotations.

That ending was honestly one of the best, ever. Pretty good depiction of nihilism and a fall from grace.
---
#8TIGERJACKS0NPosted 11/28/2012 6:33:57 PM
this game is canon imo
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#9silly_sausagePosted 11/28/2012 7:20:04 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
this game is canon imo

This... unfortunately. At least to a certain degree. Things like the Leo/Steve connection, Julia becoming a masked wrestler, things like that will probably make it into canon. On the plus side, I have a good feeling about Kunimitsu's return, scars and all, being made canon.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#10silly_sausagePosted 11/28/2012 7:27:32 PM
EmbraceChaos posted...
Too many dead characters:

P.Jack, Ogre, Angel, Jinpachi, etc.

Also, when did any of those characters die? Especially P. Jack and Angel?

According to Harada, the only characters dead in canon are King I, Armour King I, and Kuma I. Everyone else like Jun, Kunimitsu and Michelle are alive, just in hiding.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann