Why Can't TTT2 be canon?

#21trueOgre_KillerPosted 11/29/2012 10:09:05 AM
^Kazuya isn't a clone. He was merely revived by G-corp a few days after he was thrown into the volcano.

Also, those saying Devil manifested during Tekken 2 are wrong. Devil didn't attempt to manifest until Kazuya was dying, but by then it was too late because Kazuya's body was in a volcano. A similar thing happened in T3 when Jin was shot and then automatically morphed into Devil form.

dbgtFO posted...
EmbraceChaos posted...
Ugh. I made a topic covering this.

Here's what happened:

Heihachi did defeat Devil Kazuya in Tekken 2, it's canon. Devil Kazuya is weaker than Heihachi. Heihachi spent two years training for revenge and won in Tekken 2. The reason Heihachi betrayed Jin in Tekken 3 was because he feared that Jin would have devil powers because of how inhuman Jin's strength was.

Yeah, I'd expect it to go along the line as it did in the gameplay(Hei vs. Kaz, then after winning, Devil).
But I don't think he transformed in T1, at most revealing he's the Devil by manifesting his glowing red eyes like in his T4 ending.
The way Tekken's story is now, I doubt Heihachi could match the devil powers like he possibly could before, the (most likely non-canon)movie making it a point to draw a line between "normal" power and devil power(10x stronger or something). Even though Kazuya is now the devil he used to be..(or was that retconned too?)

As a Kazuya fan, I find it dissapointing that he's so weak, being bested by his old father in T4, being the biggest one.

As for TTT2 being canon, it's always nice to see theories on how it could fit. Some guy made a rather convoluted one, where Jun knowingly let herself become Unknown in some elaborate plot to save the world from the A. Ogre clones that would come from space to take over the world in the near future(as seen in A. Ogre's ending).
That was a pretty fun idea.

The arcade mode of T2 isn't quite canon. Devil did not physically appear. This is from T2's story synopsis in T3:

"In a reprise of the first Tekken Tournament, the father and son clash in a cursed blood battle. Eventually, Heihachi emerges scarred but victorious to regain control of the
immense Mishima Conglomerate. Unaware of Devil's presence, Heihachi casts the lifeless Kazuya into a fiery volcano.

As Kazuya's body burns, Devil appears before the pregnant Jun Kazama in a bidto enter the soul of the new life beating within her. But in a desperatestruggle for the future of her child, Jun defeats Devil and retires to desolate Yakushima so as to raise Kazuya's son, Jin, alone."
---
Supernova is not an illusion.
#22Dark_DespairPosted 11/29/2012 10:18:48 AM
I didn't specifically say he manifested as part of Kazuya during Tekken 2 but he definitely drew power from him. As the pact was already made.

The Devil existed and was prevalent during the events of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2.

As for the Tekken 4 aspect I'll check on that again but why would it take G Corporation to simply revive him when he was still in the grips of the Devil's control?

G Corp.>>>> Devil?
---
PSN Gamer Tag: Murciealago229
Currently Playing: Madden 13, Tekken Tag 2, Arkham City and DoA 5.
#23dbgtFOPosted 11/29/2012 2:57:04 PM
trueOgre_Killer posted...

The arcade mode of T2 isn't quite canon. Devil did not physically appear. This is from T2's story synopsis in T3:

"In a reprise of the first Tekken Tournament, the father and son clash in a cursed blood battle. Eventually, Heihachi emerges scarred but victorious to regain control of the
immense Mishima Conglomerate. Unaware of Devil's presence, Heihachi casts the lifeless Kazuya into a fiery volcano.

As Kazuya's body burns, Devil appears before the pregnant Jun Kazama in a bidto enter the soul of the new life beating within her. But in a desperatestruggle for the future of her child, Jun defeats Devil and retires to desolate Yakushima so as to raise Kazuya's son, Jin, alone."

I see.
Thanks for the info!
#24FullAutoCVTPosted 11/29/2012 3:36:37 PM
1. Too many dead characters: P.Jack, Ogre, Angel, Jinpachi, etc.
2. Heihachi's super young.
3. The plot wouldn't really make sense. Why would people like Kazuya and Jin tag team with anyone? They're the type to go at it alone and not trust others.
4. Some characters haven't aged. Michelle should be older as should Jun.
5. Dr.B is crippled last time I checked. Although, I'm only basing this of Bryan's attack in Tekken 5.
6. Violet and Lee being the same person. Same, technically, with Unknown and Jun unless changed later.

1. None of whom are confirmed or even suggested to be dead by Harada. The ones you mentioned are immortal and would be insanely easy to retcon back to life even if they were dead.
2. An explanation for this was given, something that a non-canon game wouldn't need to bother with.
3. In T6 Kaz and Jin both teamed up with: A) A black guy, B) A Williams sister, C) A sentient war robot, and D) an entire organization with a private army.
4. Neither have Nina or Anna. Again, can be easily handwaved.
5. He got better.
6. They were both in T4, and that was canon. We've also had 2 Kazuyas, 2 Ogres, and 2 Jins in past canon games.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1001 posts........and counting
#25eimajamiePosted 11/29/2012 5:52:46 PM
Didn't Heihachi discover some weird anti-aging potion thing?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3010 5914 8861
#26EmiliaTheSagePosted 11/30/2012 4:28:29 AM
Azazel and Gon have some identical moves but they are not related to each other in any way.
---
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/EmiliaTheSage/
Women shouldn't stay in the kitchen and make sandwiches. We should join the "Battlefield."
#27HerugrimPosted 11/30/2012 3:57:10 PM
trueOgre_Killer posted...
^Kazuya isn't a clone. He was merely revived by G-corp a few days after he was thrown into the volcano.

Also, those saying Devil manifested during Tekken 2 are wrong. Devil didn't attempt to manifest until Kazuya was dying, but by then it was too late because Kazuya's body was in a volcano. A similar thing happened in T3 when Jin was shot and then automatically morphed into Devil form.

Thank you, this is what I was trying to tell them. Angel and Devil largely just existed in Kazuya's mind, that's why they aren't involved in a single canon ending (Kazuya's wasn't canon, for instance).

eimajamie posted...
Didn't Heihachi discover some weird anti-aging potion thing?

Well, if you relate TTT2 to another non-canon game, SFxT, Heihachi was already searching to restore his youth while looking for Pandora's box. Kuma interfered, and only part of Heihachi's hair was restored. I suppose he could've had his hair examined to provide the basis for the formula featured in his ending. Of course if you do that would mean Kuma is a cub again, which would mean that the Kuma in TTT2 is a new Kuma, or somehow Heihachi reversed the process, or it was temporary.

But yes, in his ending in this game, he is working on a formula to restore his youth, though the one he has at the moment is only temporary.
---
check out my collection! "Ham! I love ham!"
#28BS_InfinitePosted 11/30/2012 4:12:58 PM
Too many dead characters:

P.Jack, Ogre, Angel, Jinpachi, etc.

Isn't that the mass produced model?
Surely they can just make more
---
BS_Infinite posted...
A sig
#29vega2505Posted 11/30/2012 4:19:03 PM
EmbraceChaos posted...
vega2505 posted...
They sort of are, but by saying they're non-canon, they don't have to stick with them if they don't want to.

I don't follow the plot of Tekken much anyway, since it's mostly convoluted and doesn't take it self seriously in the first place.

It was good up until Tekken 5 and Tekken 6. I loved it until those damn plot holes started popping-up. Mainly Heihachi and Raven (read their lolworthy Tekken 6 bios).

That explains it...the first Tekken I played was 5.

Also, this topic looks like an FBI document...when did we get that ability?
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#30AtlmalichiPosted 11/30/2012 4:33:43 PM
I would argue that Kazuya has been clone since after Tekken 2 but that would be too logical.
---
Xbox Gamertag: Don Mack