For the love of God did I waste my time?!

#1SauerTidePosted 11/30/2012 2:31:00 AM
I've been playing tekken since tekken 2. I've played every other since. A while back I picked up 6 after a long time away from the series played it and adapted to the new features (bounds for example). I didnt have time to play 6 online because TT2 Came out. Now, I've studied my main characters for hours in practice, know them nearly inside and out. Yet I get online and lose to a bunch of random people. Before you members start discrediting me, I mean these random people suck, more likely mashing the buttons. I just cant freaking win. I feel like I've wasted my time studying these guys and am near regretting purchasing this game, i feel like I should've gotten AC3 instead. Argh, loss after loss becomes boring and gets to a point where you cant even match your loss because it goes ahead so far. F*** this...
#2aburame13Posted 11/30/2012 2:34:15 AM
Dude, trust me.. AC3 isn't really worth it. Brotherhood was better.

On topic, this game takes dedication. Everybody gets owned. Like me!
---
"Why eat? You're just going to **** it out later."
-Just_a_loser
#3ShadowKirby17Posted 11/30/2012 3:07:26 AM
Now, I've studied my main characters for hours in practice, know them nearly inside and out.

This is where you're wrong. You may think you know your characters really well after a few hours, but the truth is that you probably don't.

And like the above poster said, this game really does take a lot of dedication to get good at, and unless you're just naturally good at the game you'll spend a lot of time getting dominated online.
---
Koalas are cool (>^_^<)
Hey girl hey!
#4EmiliaTheSagePosted 11/30/2012 3:33:25 AM
aburame13 posted...
Dude, trust me.. AC3 isn't really worth it. Brotherhood was better.

On topic, this game takes dedication. Everybody gets owned. Like me!

This ^

It doesn't take a few hours to learn this game. You learn by experience. And that keeps the community playing for more.
---
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/EmiliaTheSage/
Women shouldn't stay in the kitchen and make sandwiches. We should join the "Battlefield."
#5Levi1327Posted 11/30/2012 3:42:24 AM
It just takes a while to get good and learn which moves are most used and how to counter them. Playing against a human character is so much better than the AI because you can predict movements.

Learn different ways to attempt your juggles, also have moves that you can throw in there that are unexpected. Since you're playing against a human its much easier to trick and set traps.

It just takes practice and learning what to expect. I've beaten really good players, and i've been beaten by terrible players. It just happens.
---
I'm no hero... Never was. I'm just an old killer... Hired to do some wet work.
~ Solid Snake.
#6retep_onePosted 11/30/2012 3:47:06 AM
in ranked there are times you get owned by gamers who play in desperation mode or button mash, you know, the players you know you could beat
like you i was doing well in T6 and TTT2 arcade before the console version came out, then was caught off guard with the nature online
besides practice you may want to get patient. there also players who play well (you know the guys who actually could play) but are below 30-40% win loss percentage
---
PSN: Spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#7piamariePosted 11/30/2012 4:03:13 AM
umm, how exactly do you know that they are mindlessly mashing buttons? It's highly possible that they are timing the attacks well and you get hit all the time. How about you watch your opponent carefully and learn to block?
#8unceramoniusPosted 11/30/2012 4:42:42 AM
Oh yes.....cause you can clearly see the controller in thier hands to dictate that they button mash.....lol, but you also think people boost, when you can clearly see otherwise

nostradamus you aint lol
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#9EntenfreundPosted 11/30/2012 5:07:19 AM
well it happens that you lose to people who button mash or try to rely on spamming moves that work for them. the thing is that after a while you'll figure out what you can do against these moves and then you'll beat the sh*t out of these guys. When I started playing this game online i only won 1 out of 3-4 matches mostly to people with annoying tactics that i was unprepared for. but the more you play against people who rely on these the better you get against it. I'm now up to winning about 50% of my matches also against higher ranked players. I still lose to 'spam' from time to time but I usually find out a way to deal with it after a few matches and from then on I dont lose against these tactics anymore. It really takes dedication as said above and you'll also get frustrated a lot but the feel of joy when you finally beat that tatctic you were struggling against before, and see your opponent getting desperate is totally worth the time ;)
#10ChaozCloudPosted 11/30/2012 5:25:35 AM
Knowing your own characters aren't enough. It's more important to know your opponents characters.
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.