How Balanced is TTT2?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  3. How Balanced is TTT2?
3 years ago#21
Leekazama92 posted...
If a Kuma/Panda and JUN of all characters can win tournaments....Its very balanced. Why in the hell did people pick the second option.

I often catch much more skilled players off guard with (True) Ogre's attacks because they aren't used to them. Does that mean Ogre isn't low tier after all?
3 years ago#22
Se_Ryan posted...
Leekazama92 posted...
If a Kuma/Panda and JUN of all characters can win tournaments....Its very balanced. Why in the hell did people pick the second option.

I often catch much more skilled players off guard with (True) Ogre's attacks because they aren't used to them. Does that mean Ogre isn't low tier after all?

this...i also find it funny that he/she says 创JUN of all characters创 like it is a big surprise in this 创very balanced game创
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
3 years ago#23
True Ogre is good imo. The simple fact he has Steve's b+1, long range and hard to see throws among his other stuff. I think the fact that he's very punishable is the reason why folks put him low though.

I just don't think that Jun is very good.

Balance isn't about everyone being equal because that's impossible.
3 years ago#24
Leekazama92 posted...
Its a reason why characters like Dr. B are low tier but I still think he can win if anybody wants to put the time in.

Yeah thanks to this being a team game, I'm certain every character is capable of winning. There's less character variety in tournament Top 8s in games that are supposedly more balanced than this and that says a lot

So far many characters are winning, even in Asian countries where the game has been fleshed out more. And honestly if people think this game is unbalanced, they should play more fighters, hell, they should play older Tekkens (with the exception of BR and arguably DR) to see true imbalance
---
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/knitemare-x
3 years ago#25
I think its harder to tier whore in this game for some reason. Or that's what I'm seeing. People can just use Mishima's but some folks don't wanna put the time in for them. And playing Lars with a weak partner(what I usually see) aint helpin the player either.
3 years ago#26
creep50 posted...
Leekazama92 posted...
And yet, Rip stopped complaining and still wins with him after Marshall was Top 5 in the last game.....same with JFJ.

Does not mean the game is unbalanced...

umm when did he 创stop创 complaining???

really show me this top 5

are you just going to ignore this???

because i am really interested in seeing this top 5 (if you didnt make that up)
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
3 years ago#27
Top 5 in T6 iirc was usually in no specific order

Bob, Law, Lars, Bruce/Bryan, Steve.

He's probably still a little miffed his character got nerfed but he's pretty much content with it now since he's won a few WNF.
3 years ago#28
Leekazama92 posted...

He's probably still a little miffed his character got nerfed but he's pretty much content with it now since he's won a few WNF.

i remember how broken tekken 6 steve was.. when you use his FF+1 (or 2) and if you hit the opponent with it, they can spam it over and OVER NONSTOP until you lost.. god i hated dat s***
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
3 years ago#29
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
Leekazama92 posted...

i remember how broken tekken 6 steve was.. when you use his FF+1 (or 2) and if you hit the opponent with it, they can spam it over and OVER NONSTOP until you lost.. god i hated dat s***

Not the reason he was top tier but you know you could've just rolled out of that right?
3 years ago#30
The balance of the game is just fine to me even though there's a very small amount of "herp derp" stuff. Coming from a Street Fighter background, I appreciate the fact that the matchups for this game is about you and your opponent as opposed to you and your character versus this character.
---
RIP SouthTown Arcade 2010-2012 PSN ID: strider_kiryu AE: Rose, T.Hawk TTT2: Feng&Jinpachi KoFXIII: Saiki/Clark/Kyo Hwa/Iori/Kim
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  3. How Balanced is TTT2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived