Escaping the unblockable running attack

#1ultradavedPosted 12/4/2012 2:09:27 PM
Shoulder tackle or headbutt, whatever it's supposed to be. I see on other topics where people say it can be sidewalked/sidestepped, but I haven't had any luck with this. Most recently, I used King to double side step to side step-slide (for the chain throw starter) and still got nailed twice in a row. (u~b u~b, u, 2+4).

What does it take? I was damn near behind them and still got flattened. Any tips?
#2TheSuperGameGodPosted 12/4/2012 2:11:35 PM
Luck has nothing to do with it. I sidestep the running charge all the time. If you get tackled by it, you're simply slow. This game is designed so that you have enough time to sidestep a charging tackle from the distance your opponent is begins the charge.
#3KNITEMAREXPosted 12/4/2012 2:14:30 PM
Timing's a bit weird. You step it a little later than you'd expect. Pretty sure you could set this up in training to practice avoiding it though
---
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/knitemare-x
#4BombermanGoldPosted 12/4/2012 2:36:05 PM
Side-step it.

Or keep your button laying on the ground for the (very low) damaging running stomps.

If person is persistent with it after knocking you far away, you CAN forward roll into a cross-chop or something similar.

I only pull off the shoulder rush if I know the opponent isn't Side-stepping well (or at all).
Like deer in headlights.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#5tubesteak510Posted 12/4/2012 2:46:20 PM
just hit it
---
psn:bayarea510 GT:bay510000000000
mains;gen,ibuki, blanka
#6ChaozCloudPosted 12/4/2012 2:50:30 PM
BombermanGold posted...
Side-step it.

Or keep your button laying on the ground for the (very low) damaging running stomps.

If person is persistent with it after knocking you far away, you CAN forward roll into a cross-chop or something similar.

I only pull off the shoulder rush if I know the opponent isn't Side-stepping well (or at all).
Like deer in headlights.

You can block the running stomp and then punish for free dmg with the right timing.
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
#7SkyWithDiamondsPosted 12/4/2012 3:04:28 PM
crouch jab
---
Shmowzow!
#8ultradaved(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:44:02 PM
How do you set the com to do that in practice mode? It's not in anyone's move list since it's generic.

"Luck" is a figure of speech, genius.

You can't block it- check the name.

Trying to interrupt it gets you plastered.

I know that you can avoid by a last-second tag but I don't always want to have my partner come in due to wasting rage, etc. You can also avoid with a high-flying move. I want to know how to dodge it on the ground without tagging. Sometimes it has strategic advantage, sometimes I'm just playing solo.

It tracks if you sidewalk/sidestep immediately. Paying attention? I had time for multiple stair-steps and a SS 2+4 King side-slide before getting nailed so it's not "deer in headlights." Clearly there's some timing involved.

Please don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.
#9TheSuperGameGodPosted 12/4/2012 3:51:14 PM
ultradaved posted...
"Luck" is a figure of speech, genius.

Or course it is, and again it has nothing to do with it. Also, no need to be a total douchebag. I was only trying to help.
#10KNITEMAREXPosted 12/4/2012 4:02:24 PM
ultradaved posted...
How do you set the com to do that in practice mode? It's not in anyone's move list since it's generic.

Record
---
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/knitemare-x