Escaping the unblockable running attack

#11ultradaved(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:34:00 PM(edited)
^ Thanks, didn't know about that feature. I tried that, and so far I've gotten better at jumping over it. Timing's kind of strict, but not undo-able.

I verified that sidestep, sidewalk, and King's SS 2+4 are NOT effective implemented at any juncture, including the last second or immediately when they start to run. If it can be done, the window must be tight as hell. Let me know if anyone has more specific details then "duh, just SS."

I've heard you can tag to avoid it, but that hasn't worked for me yet.

Also, I double-checked what I already knew, which is that it can not be blocked.

I was shocked to discover, however, that it CAN be jab-interrupted with either a 1 or a d+1. I haven't been able to pull this off very consistently, though.
#12Super Tobal ManPosted 12/4/2012 6:58:18 PM
If i know that move is coming without fail, I usually jump over past them if I am standing with enough time to do it.
---
XBOX LIVE GT : Unspoken Hadou
#13gamestop27Posted 12/4/2012 7:26:53 PM
Besides side stepping at the right time some characters have moves that will avoid it.

Yoshimitsu can fly over them with UF+1+2

Kunimitsu's u+3

Lei's db+1 and his ground stances will avoid it as well allowing you to get some free hits like the follow up to db+1
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#14TIGERJACKS0NPosted 12/4/2012 7:35:55 PM
tubesteak510 posted...
just hit it

Doesng work. Running bash hits have priority over EVERYTHING. Many times when i use libg reach attacks and touch them before they get near, their tackle would overpower it everytime
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#15SpooferPosted 12/4/2012 8:06:53 PM
^ Kaz's u/f+3 absolutely destroys running shoulder charge.
---
Velvet dreams. Starlight beams. Plastic freaks. On the streets.
Take me home. Before I'm dead. SciFi girl. In my head.
#16Zyx-WhitewindPosted 12/4/2012 9:39:07 PM(edited)
This topic needs clairification it seems.

When you are far from your opponent you can double tap forward and start to run. Depending on how many steps and the posistion of of your opponent you get different attacks. If you get around 4 steps you get the take down tackle. They can mount you and then follow up with punches. This is unblockable and tracks but can be escaped and even reversed by hitting 1+2 on impact before you fall to the ground. This tackle can be crushed by moves that make you airbourne like a hop kick.

If you are on the ground and not standing the tackle will become a stomp instead when they run at you. This stomp does little damage so its worth just to take the hit instead of getting up and changing the run into a tackle. You can roll to the side to avoid the stomp or get up when the animation for the stomp has started and block the stomp.

Finally around 5 steps is the shoulder tackle. This is unblockable. You can side step it if you time your step as late as possible.
#17Zyx-WhitewindPosted 12/4/2012 9:48:23 PM(edited)
One other thing you could do is if you are standing is to quickly dash forward when they start to run to reduce the number of steps in their run making them do the take down tackle instead which you can hop kick.

oh and dont use that stance to side step it. Just do a regular side step and do a back throw or string since they cant escape it or block.
#18ultradaved(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:07:52 PM
The reason I used the SS 2+4 is to illustrate how far it tracks. Of course I tried it normal first. Two stair steps and a SS 2+4 is not enough to get out of the way. I hear "SS to avoid" often enough that I figure there's truth there, but getting tracked through 2 SS and a SS 2+4 makes me skeptical. Guess I just don't have the timing... is there a video of it?
#19Zyx-WhitewindPosted 12/8/2012 3:12:26 AM(edited)
The thing is that each step realigns you with the opponent so you need to wait until the shoulder check animation starts before you step it. I have 2 year old videos of Tekken 6 in REALLY bad quality but I hope you can make out the side step I did at the end. Maybe I should try to find a replay of me doing it in TTT2. I'm sure I did it in this game too.

Tell me if you can make it out here at the very end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63K5NHT9es

Sorry for the quality again.

Edit: Actually he did the take down tackle in that clip I think. Let me try to find a replay of me stepping the shoulder tackle too, but the timing is the same as I did in this vid.
---
I lost my Game FAQ account...
#20assassinchiefPosted 12/9/2012 4:42:16 PM
^wasn't that a takedown tackle, and not a shoulder bash tackle?
---
derp