So who will canonically kick Nina's ass in T6?

#11SWBF2PilotPosted 12/9/2012 4:10:08 PM
I'd like to think Scenario mode was canon, Lars wasn't really fighting in the tournament so it must have gone on without him, and the fact that Jin and Nina showed up in the final cutscene the way they did means one of them probably still controls the Zaibatsu, which means one of them must have won it? Idk I feel like the tournament was a bit of a sideshow this time.
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs."
-Wandrian
#12silly_sausagePosted 12/9/2012 4:54:17 PM
JuliafanAM posted...
Eh, I'd be fine if they outline who beat who in tournaments. It makes the story more interesting that way. I never expect, say Roger Jr. to win a tournament. Too unpopular and too much of a joke character. Besides, as long as the Mishima's around I don't see anyone else canonically winning. Plus it'd give us real rivlaries, where defeated opponents would try to get revenge against whoever eliminated them.

Yeah, I didn't mean that every fight should end in a draw, I mean, there should always be definite winners and losers, I just think that the fights should always be close, both competitors virtually equal, you shouldn't be able to pick the winner before the fight has even started, especially not because of the size, age, gender, species and background of the character.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#13ShadoVaoPosted 12/9/2012 5:30:50 PM
Speaking totally objectively, the only people on that list who would definitely beat Nina are Kaz, Hei, Lars and Hwoarang.

SInce Hei and Kaz have each won a tournament, they'd have to have beaten Nina at some point. Lars is seen to be at least Kaz's equal (they traded blows in T6 SC, which is cliche-speak for equal power), yet inferior to Jin (since Jin owned Kaz in T4). I assume Jin beats Nina too, since he won T3,4 and 5.

Hwoarang beat Jin in T5 (though Jin's story mode interludes may indicate he wasn't focused at the time), which means he should beat Nina, assuming (IF a>b and b>c, then a>c) is true.
---
Still Sharpe!
#14gamestop27Posted 12/9/2012 6:01:32 PM
Can't be any male because they'll be doing something else with her ass.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#15ultradavedPosted 12/12/2012 7:05:10 PM
ShadoVao posted...
Speaking totally objectively, the only people on that list who would definitely beat Nina are Kaz, Hei, Lars and Hwoarang.

SInce Hei and Kaz have each won a tournament, they'd have to have beaten Nina at some point. Lars is seen to be at least Kaz's equal (they traded blows in T6 SC, which is cliche-speak for equal power), yet inferior to Jin (since Jin owned Kaz in T4). I assume Jin beats Nina too, since he won T3,4 and 5.

Hwoarang beat Jin in T5 (though Jin's story mode interludes may indicate he wasn't focused at the time), which means he should beat Nina, assuming (IF a>b and b>c, then a>c) is true.

Not necessarily. Nina could have been eliminated by them, but also by anybody else who was later eliminated themselves without ever facing Hei or Kaz. That's the problem with single-elimination tournaments in real life, too... you can never really know who should actually be ranked 2nd, since anyone eliminated by first could be the actual second-best entrant.

As far as the transitive property goes, it might matter in terms of innate power (like being a deity or demon), but a think that there's often a paper-rock-scissors element possible in something as complex as fighting. Also, luck. If two equally matched fighters square off, one has to win by luck if nothing else, otherwise they draw and either both move forward or are both eliminated, depending on the tournament rules.