They should get rid of EWGF in future Tekken games

#11STAR JillPosted 12/9/2012 5:30:39 PM
gamestop27 posted...
B1G_B0SS posted...
duck.

Consistently on reaction? http://k.minus.com/ib2dFrNbSwSDss.gif

^^^ this

Just get rid of the tracking, make it linear and I'm happy as well.
#12EmbraceChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:06:13 PM
They aren't likely to do that and people will whine. Best to rid of it and force them to play without it.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#13FullAutoCVTPosted 12/9/2012 6:22:05 PM
People will whine either way. If it's not this move, it will be another in an hour.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1001 posts........and counting
#14zhaoyun99Posted 12/9/2012 7:08:04 PM
FullAutoCVT posted...
People will whine either way. If it's not this move, it will be another in an hour.

Beware of Bob's launcher
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#15EvilSakuraiPosted 12/9/2012 8:19:25 PM
Just get rid of WGF, and nerf EWGF to a reasonable level, and then open it up so noobs can do it, so they can all use Kazuya instead of Asuka and Jun.
---
PSN:omegamarth. I play fighting games.
Washington Redskins 7-6 Baltimore Ravens 9-4
#16retep_onePosted 12/9/2012 8:43:17 PM
smh, players these days
---
PSN: Spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, mass effect trilogy, skyrim
#17piamariePosted 12/9/2012 9:26:26 PM(edited)
EmbraceChaos posted...
It's a cheap spam move and the only one appraised for being "so great" when you spam it over and over for a combo. It may be difficult to do but it's just an easily spammable move and non-Mishima's don't have an equivalent move for themselves to even it out.

I don't agree. Yup, it's a powerful move but that does not mean other characters should have an equivalent move to even it out. It's just one of the things that keep Mishimas going. Different characters have different strengths. For example, Leo and Nina are very powerful in wall carrying. Mishimas aren't very good in that department. Kazuya also lacks fast mid pokes while other characters excel with fast mids.
Actually, the EWGF has already been nerfed before. It hits mid in TTT. In TTT2, you can just duck whenever you see your opponent wavedashing and just watch out for mids.

@creep50
"its anoying to see every single combo starter than the mishimas have to be the same move"

so, that justifies a nerf? that statement isn't even true.

EmbraceChaos posted...
"People will whine."

Yup, the very essence of this topic.
#18piamariePosted 12/9/2012 9:20:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19creep50Posted 12/9/2012 9:27:14 PM
piamarie posted...
EmbraceChaos posted...
It's a cheap spam move and the only one appraised for being "so great" when you spam it over and over for a combo. It may be difficult to do but it's just an easily spammable move and non-Mishima's don't have an equivalent move for themselves to even it out.

I don't agree. Yup, it's a powerful move but that does not mean other characters should have an equivalent move to even it out. It's just one of the things that keep Mishimas going. Different characters have different strengths. For example, Leo and Nina are very powerful in wall carrying. Mishimas aren't very good in that department. Kazuya also lacks fast mid pokes.
Actually, the EWGF has already been nerfed before. It hits mid in TTT. In TTT2, you can just duck whenever you see your opponent wavedashing and just watch out for mids.

@creep50
"its anoying to see every single combo starter than the mishimas have to be the same move"

.so, that justifies a nerf? that statement isn't even true.

EmbraceChaos posted...
"People will wine."

Yup, the very essence of this topic.

ummm yes ...when you start to look at the reason why it is that way......besides it is one of the biggest reason why these characters are always at the top on almost every tier list

for some reason every time people´´wine´´ about there characters being nerfed they are always told...just learn to play around it....but when the most unbalanced launcher in the game is it is called a ´´pro´´ move that should not be nerfed....it is ridiculous
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#20shagadelicPosted 12/9/2012 9:27:31 PM
If someone is spamming them one after another then just duck after blocking one. The recovery is balls on whiff and can be punished with anything. If you watch higher level play then it isn't spammed at all because of this. Watch some videos of Korean Mishima players.

It leads to some crazy combos but the barrier of execution is so high that you don't see that kind of damage outside of tournament level play.