Which tekken moves have you tried in fights IRL and worked well

#61Da_doppenPosted 1/20/2013 8:43:01 PM
Giant Swing.
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#62SWBF2PilotPosted 1/21/2013 2:17:43 AM
The Wu 2003 posted...
LilRoss2k3 posted...
hm...so i guess violence in games does make people more violent in the real.

... the majority of the move in tekken were based off IRL stuff first. The rest is from non-video game sources like movies and anime. I learned how to 1,2 properly IRL as a boxer before I learned how to 12 properly in tekken.

Exactly.
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs."
-Wandrian
#63AtlmalichiPosted 1/21/2013 3:33:23 AM
If it's not a style utilized in MMA it's pretty much useless 90% of the time
---
Xbox Gamertag: Don Mack
#64FullAutoCVTPosted 1/21/2013 9:16:51 AM
If it's not a style utilized in MMA it's pretty much useless 90% of the time

Not so. Martial arts have different applications. That's why military and street martial arts differ from MMA ones.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1535 posts........and counting
#65ultradavedPosted 1/21/2013 1:12:04 PM
I'm old so I haven't really been in many fights after starting Tekken. Hence, I wasn't trying to emulate it. Also, I have no official training so any version I did was likely sloppy as hell.

In my experience, most fights last between 2 and 5 seconds. Not because somebody gets knocked out but because friends or a bouncer step in to end it or because one or both people second-guess whether it's really worth it.

Most of my fights looked more like tag assaults. Do one move/string then KBD or Paul QCB and the other guy walks away or gets held back. Those moves have included: as guy swings Kaz's SSL+1+2 or generic 2 or generic 1,2 or generic d/f+2. One time I did Steve's Sonic Fang (d/f+1+2) at like 1/5 the speed. Pretty sure that wasn't guaranteed; shame on the other guy for taking both punches.

One time I got hit by Kaz's WS+2 and went into DO stun (didn't know you could escape it). Guy shoves me over with King's f, f, N+1+2. As I fall, I grab dude's arm and yank him with me. We get tangled in the air as we fall and I somehow end end up on top and throw an elbow in his temple as his head hits the ground and knock him out. Basically, a really ugly version of Steve's QCB+2+4.

BTW, if you've never knocked someone out/been knocked out... MacGyver lied to us. People don't stay down for the rest of the episode; they're generally back up inside of 5 seconds. They usually don't know where the hell they are, though, so fight's over anyway.

Another time I was in New Orleans (on Bourbon Street) and some guy starts hassling me. He throws a haymaker that whiffs then grabs me. I do what looks like a chicken
followed by a generic 1, 2. The 1 glanced off his cheek and did pretty much no damage but the 2 got him right in the nose. This one was funny because there was a cop right across the street who saw the whole thing and comes running over yelling "WTF, are you REALLY doing that right in front of me?" He asks if I want to press charges but I figure no harm, no foul and decline. This was Christmas Eve. Pretty sure Santa skipped that guy's house.

That was one of those cases where the guy's nose was bleeding like a stuck pig from the 2. In case anyone doesn't know, it's really easy to get a nose bleeding even from a light hit. Looks like you murdered the guy even though he'll be fine in like 5 minutes.

Stuff that DIDN'T work: as a kid I tried the AK d/b+3 (or one of the million look-alike moves). Predated Tekken; I was more trying a MK b+LK. I whiffed and lost my balance, then fell on my ass. The other guy couldn't stop laughing and the fight was over. Embarrassing.

Another time I tried to do King's reverse arm slam (f, d/f +1+3). I didn't know that you had to get your hips below their center of gravity and tried to do it only with arm strength, which didn't work. It looked more like King's CD+1+4 without either throwing him or breaking his arm (wasn't trying for that, anyway). So I just sat there yanking on this guy's arm like an idiot for a little while before he broke free. He still walked off after that awkward exchange, so I guess the move worked, in a way.
#66TIGERJACKS0N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:37:47 PM
would the mishima's lil leg sweeps work good irl? They look like they do. If you have great balance and sweep them from the back of their legs it should easily trip them. then you hit them with the punch
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#67TIGERJACKS0N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:30:12 AM
bump
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#68BailzebubPosted 1/26/2013 10:38:30 AM
The good old fashioned "Stonehead" saved me from getting stamped on by coked up louts before.

Also very "girly" way of doing things but i remember saving myself a trip to the casualty but doing that Nina Williams groin stomp attack on a cocaine and whiskey fuelled piss-head before.
---
'offer me............your spirit'
#69jjbigpoppaPosted 1/26/2013 10:44:09 AM
Bailzebub posted...
The good old fashioned "Stonehead" saved me from getting stamped on by coked up louts before.

Also very "girly" way of doing things but i remember saving myself a trip to the casualty but doing that Nina Williams groin stomp attack on a cocaine and whiskey fuelled piss-head before.

Go to bed Bailzebub you're drunk.
---
GET DEM MUTHAF***IN SNACKS
#70BailzebubPosted 1/26/2013 10:56:09 AM
jjbigpoppa posted...
Bailzebub posted...

Go to bed Bailzebub you're drunk.

Heh, you're a few hours too early but i do indeed intend to get drunk tonight. It's overdue.

A nice aperitif of Erdinger followed by a main course of Hoegarden, finished off with a dash of Absolut Vodka.

Milk Thistle Tea, Berry Flavour Berroca and a fry up with large mushrooms will sort out the pain of tomorrow as well.
---
'offer me............your spirit'