I am really beginning to hate all these customization items..

#11TAMKFanPosted 2/4/2013 6:43:57 AM
I wish the customization here was more like Tekken 6's.
#12EntenfreundPosted 2/4/2013 6:56:58 AM
the fun items are overall ugly, and take away space for unique costumes, so i hate them. I once asked on a youtube vid when ttt2 was still only available on arcade why so many koreans had these shields and fishes in their hands when they are so ugly. Somebody said that nin said they make it harder to see grabs coming. So that might be reason to put them on. I dont use them cause I dont want my chars to look like jerks ...
#13KonaseRitsukoPosted 2/4/2013 7:33:13 AM
aburame13 posted...
I hate it when I face an opponent who decided to stick as many tacky items on their teams as possible, thus effectively making it very difficult to see what the hell is going on. -_-

True Ogre and Bob don't need any customisations to make me confused of what they're doing.
---
RE6 is stupid.
Just f*** my 2007 username.
#14aburame13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:36:08 AM
Entenfreund posted...
the fun items are overall ugly, and take away space for unique costumes, so i hate them. I once asked on a youtube vid when ttt2 was still only available on arcade why so many koreans had these shields and fishes in their hands when they are so ugly. Somebody said that nin said they make it harder to see grabs coming. So that might be reason to put them on. I dont use them cause I dont want my chars to look like jerks ...

That's the main reason I hate them. They shouldn't get in the way of gameplay yet they do. Very annoying when I can barely read my opponent because Namco thought it would be cool to give Yoshi 6 arms.. -_-
---
"Why eat? You're just going to **** it out later."
-Just_a_loser
#154sakuraHa0Posted 2/4/2013 7:39:36 AM
aburame13 posted...
Entenfreund posted...

That's the main reason I hate them. They shouldn't get in the way of gameplay yet they do. Very annoying when I can barely read my opponent because Namco thought it would be cool to give Yoshi 6 arms.. -_-

That's a valid strategy.
You're welcome to hate them but some people will still wear them to give the benefit of distraction.

I personally think when the characters wear stuff like that(fish etc.), it affects their movement or framerate a little bit. Like their punches become a little bit slower than usual. But I don't know how complicated the programming will be.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#16aburame13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:48:18 AM
KonaseRitsuko posted...
aburame13 posted...
I hate it when I face an opponent who decided to stick as many tacky items on their teams as possible, thus effectively making it very difficult to see what the hell is going on. -_-

True Ogre and Bob don't need any customisations to make me confused of what they're doing.

And that's the main reason I hate true ogre. Other than that being possibly the worst design ever.
---
"Why eat? You're just going to **** it out later."
-Just_a_loser
#17dualswordtrunksPosted 2/4/2013 8:00:07 AM
I think they should of left it out (customization) completely imo because I have heard lots of complaints about it not having enough items compared to 6 but guess what its not 6
---
its all fun and games till someone forgets the safe word
#18nurblugPosted 2/4/2013 3:50:00 PM
Lacrymosa143 posted...
The customization clothes look like they are to big for them to. At least for the girls. And they are very plain. For most characters id rather stick to their standard outfirs or tbeir swimsuits.

It's not just the girls. Take Hwoarang for example, he's not really skinny but he's not huge, yet a simple t-shirt on him looks really bulky for no reason. I can see why they had to omit some outfits but I have no clue why the clothing floats so far away from the characters' bodies.
#19Dark SymphonyPosted 2/4/2013 4:46:19 PM
It's hard to make items that will work over so many body types.

Which is why I think the customization thing should be scaled WAY back or dropped completely.

Definitely not worth losing the alt outfits for.

Plus I hate the inconsistency that comes with a game that displays random people's clashing visions. That's only cool when it comes to playing style. I happen to think a lot of customization looks dumb. Of course fans who are put off by it are "unreasonable" for wanting their game to not look like nonsense. Even though game design 101 includes creating designs that are interesting, iconic and inviting. Not pink afros and rainbow boxing gloves.
#20Lacrymosa143Posted 2/5/2013 12:55:22 PM
So far the only custom outfits i use regularly are the leather jacket and pants on Leo and the green crop top and shorts with boots on Julia (without mask) so she can look like old Julia.