Huge Question After Reading About Yoshimitsu

#1J_aaronPosted 10/21/2013 10:00:13 AM
So, Soul Calibur and Tekken take place in the same universe right? Tekken is the series that takes place chronologically after Soul Calibur, right?
---
Currently LPing: Final Fantasy VII
Look for TheGreatJoshini on Twitch.tv, Twitter, Youtube and Facebook.
#2BlacknGold86Posted 10/21/2013 12:04:30 PM
Yoshimitsu is a rank not a person. The Manji clan's leaders commit ritual suicide when they step down from power and the new leader is Yoshimitsu.

It adds a level of mystery and the illusion of immortality.

As for the same universe...

Idk. I doubt it though, as its 2 different eras in time.
---
GameFaqs Friends: 73/250. *TTT2:Kazuya/King* *UMvC3:Deadpool/Ryu/Wesker* *SFxT:King/Kazuya* *MK9: Cyrax/Ermac* *SC5:Mitsurugi* *SSBB:Link/Mario* *MKvDCU:Batman*
#3NavarexPosted 10/21/2013 12:27:16 PM
id really like to think they are part of the same universe and yoshi connects them somehow
---
omg das ofensive pls delet it -__-
RE4 speedrun: 2:06
#4BlacknGold86Posted 10/21/2013 12:50:37 PM
I'd enjoy it as well. I'm still waiting for SCvT...
---
GameFaqs Friends: 73/250. *TTT2:Kazuya/King* *UMvC3:Deadpool/Ryu/Wesker* *SFxT:King/Kazuya* *MK9: Cyrax/Ermac* *SC5:Mitsurugi* *SSBB:Link/Mario* *MKvDCU:Batman*
#5SirMixahLotPosted 10/21/2013 1:22:16 PM
Tekken and SC are in the same universe.
Namco released a "statement" about it that I cannot find... (It could have been Harada releasing a Tweet as well...

BUT....

Tekken 5 and SC2 share a stage...

Tekken 5:
http://nd01.jxs.cz/410/431/8c58d05cdf_89540553_o2.jpg
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/GMpXA0VKCmU/hqdefault.jpg

SC2:
http://images.psxextreme.com/screenshots/ps2_soul_calibur/ps2_soul_calibur_139_med.jpg
http://images.psxextreme.com/screenshots/ps2_soul_calibur/ps2_soul_calibur_185_med.jpg

Idk if it's an easter egg, or if it's an actual link.
---
PSN: M1x4h - FGC 3xOG since 1999
SFxT | TTT2 | 3S | MvC2 | ST | CvS2 | HDR | KoF13
#6FullAutoCVTPosted 10/23/2013 7:08:03 AM
Big time question here. I'm always hearing about Heihachi not wanting things like Soul Edge and Pandora because he's all about his own power. Why is it, then, that he's so gung ho about getting Ogre and Devil juice in his system? That was pretty much all he thought about in T3 and 4.
#7BombermanGoldPosted 10/23/2013 12:31:51 PM
FullAutoCVT posted...
Big time question here. I'm always hearing about Heihachi not wanting things like Soul Edge and Pandora because he's all about his own power. Why is it, then, that he's so gung ho about getting Ogre and Devil juice in his system? That was pretty much all he thought about in T3 and 4.

Heihachi's an odd one.

On the one hand, his major goal is nothing but getting and staying in POWER.
So he's trying to find some ways and methods to keep himself immortal and strong as hell.
Guess he thought the Devil and Ogre genes would do such. No dice of course.

On the other.. shoot, I don't know how to explain why he doesn't want to keep Pandora and Soul Edge. Maybe because he has a better guess with the genes that he won't be driven crazy and all that.

As for Yoshimitsu...
Yeah, it's just a title handed down for generations.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#8nurblugPosted 10/23/2013 4:53:32 PM
FullAutoCVT posted...

I think that might be him not wanting Pandora or Soul Edge to take over his mind/soul/will/whatever.
---
this sig is 3:24am and I can't sleep :D
#9FullAutoCVTPosted 10/23/2013 6:24:07 PM
That could explain it, since he learned at the end of T4 that Kaz and Jin do indeed go nuts when the Devil comes out, and he hasn't really brought it up since.

Then again, he hasn't been in the position to do much since then either, so who knows.
#10SelitePosted 10/31/2013 7:17:15 PM
BombermanGold posted...
FullAutoCVT posted...

Heihachi's an odd one.

On the one hand, his major goal is nothing but getting and staying in POWER.
So he's trying to find some ways and methods to keep himself immortal and strong as hell.
Guess he thought the Devil and Ogre genes would do such. No dice of course.

On the other.. shoot, I don't know how to explain why he doesn't want to keep Pandora and Soul Edge. Maybe because he has a better guess with the genes that he won't be driven crazy and all that.

As for Yoshimitsu...
Yeah, it's just a title handed down for generations.

and he was totally fine with getting Polygon man's power in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
---
I'd rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee