A little help here...

#11crispixPosted 9/19/2012 12:12:07 PM
Continue? 9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1......

GAME OVER!!
#12PigfartsPosted 9/19/2012 12:58:33 PM
ioteh_shingo posted...
I've never gotten too deep into Tekken, but my main gripe has always been getting beat up on the floor. This is the ONLY fighter that let's this happen, while other fighters have a certain window of attacking you on the floor, in Tekken the window is always open. So as it is basically impossible to not get knocked down the entire match, is there any tech recover like say SF or VF where you can insta recover as soon as you hit the floor to avoid this?

Sometimes, I keep trying to get up only to get punished, sometimes its better to take a good 5-6 second just sitting on the floor. sometimes people will go for those punishing moves which will wiff if you dont roll, side roll, or get up.

of course you run the risk of get power moved on the floor, but from my observation not many people go for huge power moves agiast floored people. they go for swift moves that keep you on the floor.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#13PigfartsPosted 9/19/2012 1:02:17 PM
the last tekken I played was tag 1 and I used to side step all the time. You are correct in that they made the side step almost usless in this one....at least with the characters I use. they take like 1/2 a step and stil get hit by straight moves.

but you are wrong with the continueous attack thing. this game is a cat and mouse fighter. and is most about blocking and countering. know which moves are poke moves and which has frames to counter people. if your not good at blocking you will get owned in this game.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#14ioteh_shingo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 4:37:05 PM
Pigfarts posted...
the last tekken I played was tag 1 and I used to side step all the time. You are correct in that they made the side step almost usless in this one....at least with the characters I use. they take like 1/2 a step and stil get hit by straight moves.

but you are wrong with the continueous attack thing. this game is a cat and mouse fighter. and is most about blocking and countering. know which moves are poke moves and which has frames to counter people. if your not good at blocking you will get owned in this game.

There are way too many characters to memorize how each move works, some moves are way too awkward, and worst of all most people go for the grounded fighters. Grounded fighters are super annoying, most attacks are mid/low mix ups so they're basically crouching the whole fight. Reason I find this annoying is cause well besides Kapoera, who else fight while crouching? NO ONE!!! Oh and before you say wrestlers, I'm talking about strikes, not holds lol.
---
GT: ioteh shingo
VF5: FS :D love the game!!!