Excited for more Alan wake but....

#1whyterose86Posted 2/19/2012 1:21:57 PM
I hope if there is a true sequel or another XBLA game that remedy goes back to creepy atmospheric settings and themes like the original. Early reviews emphasize this is more of an action title, and I'm sure it'll be awesome, but still i'd like the series to stay close to its roots. Just my opinion though
#2Dark_EpathyPosted 2/19/2012 3:44:02 PM
I both agree and disagree. I'd prefer less action, but the first game had a lot of it already, so I'd advocate some better pacing as far as how the fights go.

As for atmosphere, I think American Nightmare is doing something good here with the Arizonan desert. It's a marked difference from Washington, and I'm glad that the series is sampling new locations, moods, and flavors. If there's another title in the franchise after this, I'd love for it to take place in somewhere just as different. Maybe someplace swamped with snow, I don't know.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#3Joefatty2x4Posted 2/19/2012 9:43:47 PM

Swamped with snow.... YES, i love how you think. Snowy forest/mountains would be absolutely perfect

#4Dark_EpathyPosted 2/20/2012 11:33:29 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about it earlier. The only issue I came up with is that a snowy, mountainous area would be the same as the original Alan Wake--you'd just be dumping snow over Bright Falls and the surrounding forests, essentially. I do still like the setting, though.

I don't know if anyone here has played D2 for the Dreamcast, but that game nailed the atmosphere of the snowy tundra up in Canada. I would love to see that setting done really well with the same attention to detail Remedy has paid towards Washington and Arizona. I'm just afraid it's too similar to the forests we already got.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#5ash447Posted 2/20/2012 4:34:50 PM

I love the snow idea, i think remedy should focus on adding new and innovative ideas to a potential number 2, for example ive always liked the idea of melee in alan wake, like the ability to use objects around you. I would also like to see more enemy types, it wold be badass if the taken could be incorparated with animals ie. Wolfs anf bears etc, either way, i would buy the **** out of it haha.