it's bad to watch walkthroughs on youtube for AW series.

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 7/1/2012 12:10:51 AM
once I watched the entire playthrough, I lost interest in getting the game. the selling point of this series to me is the story. the gameplay is cool but very repetitive. this didn't have the awesome rock stage or fun driving segments like in AW1.

same thing for the 3 DLC stories for AW1, I watched through them on youtube mostly because I don't ever buy things on XBL, but once I got the story, that's it for me.

I sort of view this series as weekly/monthly short story/comic/manga sort of thing, I am in for the story, but the gameplay is the chore to get there.
---
My best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden. RIP Ninja Gaiden series, may Hayashi never defile you again
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#2Dark_EpathyPosted 7/3/2012 3:09:54 PM
It's something that you have to play piecemeal, take at your own pace. In my opinion, watching someone else play it can't make up for sitting in the dark with the controller in your hands, fully immersed in the experience.

But it's up to you if it's worth it or not. For me, the total experience trumps the story, so I enjoy playing the games.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa