Tribe is way overpowered

#1plincoln21Posted 8/31/2012 7:55:37 AM
where do i even start
1. their ranged does extra damage to units over 50% health THEN
2. warrior instant KOs any unit under 50% health

what is that? unbeatable combo if they march out together and even if you could
YOU TAKE DAMAGE WHEN YOU ATTACK THEM!!!

on top of that!
1. KO and stomp a unit and they all get a one turn damage bonus?
2. chain heal? no other team has that
3. explode fallen units? so they get multiple fireballs is what you are telling me!
4. and lets not forget the crowd control typhoon where you can sweep the whole map at once!

total crap!
---
Talk to me Goose!
#2NINRagerPosted 9/4/2012 8:43:12 AM
I hear you on this one. I have trouble with them too. What gets me is the beefed up spell caster who also 'stomps' you 3 spaces away, and the shaman in the back that chain heals and revives the front line. Normally it seems I have just enough turns to take out the caster, but not enough for a stomp. Ugh.

Next time I might try gathering my troops just out of range, then spend a turn bum rushing in. They can't take out 5 guys in one turn (hopefully).
---
MH3: Reznor
#3plincoln21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 12:07:23 PM
my best success has been overloading the board before they can get too many units out. but that all depends on luck of the draw
---
Talk to me Goose!
#4Pendragon71037Posted 9/6/2012 2:08:24 PM
You know, they do have some balancing elements, like the typhoon does no damage, and they have no way to reduce damage taken, and one of the most underpowered super units in the game, slightly better than unupgraded Wraith, but yes they are kind of OP'd.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 4
This sig has been stolen three times by the time you read it!
#5Pendragon71037Posted 9/6/2012 2:27:12 PM
In all honesty, I feel that the new Team Fortress 2 is overpowered. Stomping doesn't take a turn, free re-spawn token, unlimited damage upgrades, limited only by the ones to choose to upgrade, a unit that can hit all the way across the map, another that can go from your deck, to the opposite side in 2 actions, a unit that can't be targeted from more than a square away, not to mention three more people than the other teams get.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 4
This sig has been stolen three times by the time you read it!
#6plincoln21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 10:18:38 AM
Pendragon71037 posted...
In all honesty, I feel that the new Team Fortress 2 is overpowered. Stomping doesn't take a turn, free re-spawn token, unlimited damage upgrades, limited only by the ones to choose to upgrade, a unit that can hit all the way across the map, another that can go from your deck, to the opposite side in 2 actions, a unit that can't be targeted from more than a square away, not to mention three more people than the other teams get.

thank god they arent released for iphone
---
Talk to me Goose!
#7Lucarioaura22Posted 9/23/2012 8:31:56 PM
plincoln21 posted...
Pendragon71037 posted...

thank god they arent released for iphone

iPhone players can still use them lol. I do.
---
It's called habitat because that's where the habit is at
#8Lucarioaura22Posted 9/23/2012 8:37:35 PM
Tribe is not overpowered......AT ALL lol. I do believe the problem is you guys are still new and do not understand the best way to position units and what's top priority against your opponent. Btw the scenario of an axe thrower hitting you and then a warrior iKO'ing you should never happen lol. They should never even be in that close on you.

Also what many people don't know is you have to trade units against tribe and tf2.....just make sure you are getting more out of the kills. I have seen many people trying to cling on to a fallen unit and revive it and set themselves up for an even more devastating combo.
---
It's called habitat because that's where the habit is at
#9craxPosted 9/24/2012 7:13:38 PM
I am usually TF team just because they are fun to use and funny. I swear, the number of times people will do anything to go after the less useful units is beyond counting. I've had people run up an archer just to get an engineer or rocket. Usually I can rez/token them if needed but generally happy to trade unit for unit.

I faced tribe once and did not like it, though I made a stupid mistake and lost. Dark elves seem a lot cheaper to me, constant healing and the TF team can't always burn the opposition down fast depending on what draw you get.

Now to share a favorite move: the "sandwich spy" is just a blast, have him chow one down and sit. A turn or two later, he can move almost across the board for a surprise from behind that your opponent will really enjoy!