Best/most useful evolution for Eevee?

#1TaladasharPosted 6/29/2012 4:05:31 PM
Trying to decide on a good evolution for Eevee.

I've always been partial to Vaporeon and Flareon, but Glaceon and Leafeon also seem half decent.

Any thoughts?
---
( \ ( \"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain, It's time to roll the dice ."
(=^:^) So sayeth the cute bunny
#2DoomerangPosted 6/29/2012 4:10:11 PM
Leafeon is the worst of its evolutions in this game, due to the 1-range attack it gets. Vaporeon and Glaceon are considered the best; Vaporeon's attack has high power, great range, and incredible accuracy, while Glaceon's attack is powerful and utterly destroys dragons.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#3OniNoMeKyoPosted 6/29/2012 4:13:26 PM
I'll say this every time this topic comes up

Glaceon: Nobunaga's Bane
---
PSN: OniNoMeKyo, Currently Playing: Uncharted 3, Disgaea 4, and Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk 2, until Hyperdimension Neptunia V gets a US release
#4Rideps1Posted 6/29/2012 4:23:43 PM
Doomerang posted...
Leafeon is the worst of its evolutions in this game, due to the 1-range attack it gets.

Flareon suffers from the same thing, with a weaker attack, and does not have a health regen ability.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#5ShardZeroPosted 6/29/2012 4:36:35 PM
The attacks on Leafeon and Flareon are rather unfortunate: the Eeveelutions may be fast, but they're hardly durable enough to trade blows with direct attacks without major support.

Flareon's abilities suck, unless you want to take more its HP off by having your teammates hit it with more Fire-type moves to boost its Attack. Fire Fang doesn't nearly Flinch opponents enough to make it worth considering.

Leafeon's at least got some help in a high Crit ratio and in Regeneration, but it still takes super-effective hits from a lot of things.

Vaporeon is the best Eeveelution: Hydro Pump has great range, high attack power, and high accuracy.

Glaceon's not as versatile, but is super-effective against Dragons (which you will be facing a lot of) and can inflict Freeze status on enemies to keep them in check.
---
Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate. ~Terry Pratchett
#6Taladashar(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2012 4:41:44 PM
Thanks all. Looks like I'll be using Glaceon and Vaporeon. Which is fine, Water and Ice are always nice.

Speaking of which, is there any way to release a pokemon once you've caught it? Say for instance my Hero has maxed out her number of usable pokes and I want to replace one with something else later on. Can I do this or is it that once you've caught something, you're stuck with that poke for the rest of the game?
---
( \ ( \"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain, It's time to roll the dice ."
(=^:^) So sayeth the cute bunny
#7CrimsonCerberusPosted 6/29/2012 4:43:37 PM
I like my Umbreon. Sure, it only hits one square with Assurance, but it's pwer is doubled if the target has been attacked that turn. Dodge is okay, too. And it has decent bulk. Alone Assurance loses power but it can be boosted with the Guardian Charm.

Surely not the best choice, but certainly an interesting one. <:D
---
I won't forget my friends, I'll always be true. You've been there for me, now I'll be there for you.
#8Rideps1Posted 6/29/2012 4:44:17 PM
Personally, I love my Dodge Umbreon. But he doesn't deal much damage, with assurance. I suppose I could Hyper Voice first or something.... damnit wigglytuff, go back ti doubleslap. Useless....
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#9OniNoMeKyoPosted 6/29/2012 4:45:57 PM
Taladashar posted...
Thanks all. Looks like I'll be using Glaceon and Vaporeon. Which is fine, Water and Ice are always nice.

Speaking of which, is there any way to release a pokemon once you've caught it? Say for instance my Hero has maxed out her number of usable pokes and I want to replace one with something else later on. Can I do this or is it that once you've caught something, you're stuck with that poke for the rest of the game?

If you're maxed out, just catch another Pokemon, and it'll ask you if you want to replace it with another one on your character.
---
PSN: OniNoMeKyo, Currently Playing: Uncharted 3, Disgaea 4, and Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk 2, until Hyperdimension Neptunia V gets a US release
#10Jahozafat124Posted 6/29/2012 4:46:32 PM
ShardZero posted...
Flareon's abilities suck, unless you want to take more its HP off by having your teammates hit it with more Fire-type moves to boost its Attack. Fire Fang doesn't nearly Flinch opponents enough to make it worth considering..

Correction here, Flash Fire will power Flareon up whenever its hit by fire, but Flareon won't take damage from it, same with pokemon with Lightning rod (used electric attacks on Raichu with Lightning rod, and fire attacks on Litwick with the fire absorbing ability) so you can power it up without damaging it, but I still think its attack is weak overall compaired to other fire attacks in the game, also you forgot Umbreon who suffers the same attack range fate of Leafeon and Flareon, and out of the 3, I'd personally go with Leafeon first, but still too many other good choices for evolutions in this game.
---
To those that claim to have no religion, sorry you grew up without a dictionary.
Religion is having a belief, you believe in nothing.