Deleting Save Data?

#1Lord of NightmaresPosted 7/5/2012 5:35:11 AM
I recently cleared Illusio, but then I discovered that I missed out on a whole bunch of warlords as I hadn't yet figured out the requirements for recruiting them.

I figure that if there's no chance for me to try and recruit them again later on in the game, I might as well just start a new game since I've only clocked a little under 3 hours thus far.

Can someone please tell me how to do so? Thanks!
#2LeBurns63Posted 7/5/2012 5:37:52 AM
Just starting a New Game doesn't do this?
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#3Lord of Nightmares(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 5:58:30 AM
Nope, it tells me that my old save data hasn't been deleted so I can't save.
#4LeBurns63Posted 7/5/2012 6:11:20 AM
Maybe it will let you add to the old data, thus adding the new warlord data.

Seems odd that if you start a New Game that you can't save at all. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I've been thinking about starting a new game over myself because there are some things I would have liked to have done better and the episodes are kind of boring.
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#5GameMewPosted 7/5/2012 6:35:01 AM
Are you sure you want to restart? I'm pretty sure you can bump into Kenshin later on and recruit him if you defeat him with a Warlord. Then again, I could be wrong.

Pokemon save files are a pain. It's actually the same in Black & White : you have to erase your game and then start a new one, otherwise you will never be able to save your new game.

I wish they would just let us have more than one save file...
#6rabies_nekoPosted 7/5/2012 6:36:50 AM
Read the manual. Unless you pirated the game you should have one.
#7FurioPosted 7/5/2012 6:38:55 AM
You didn't miss anything. They show up in random battles. They must be defeated with a warlord though, not a standard warrior.
#8LeBurns63Posted 7/5/2012 6:59:03 AM
Wow that's just crazy. Why even have a New Game option if you got to do something else in order to use it?

So if you do 'Clear Data' and start over, can you use a code for a pokemon swarm again?
---
#9Lord of Nightmares(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 7:08:36 AM
Okay, I just checked the manual and I've figured out how to delete my data, although it apparently will also erase my entire Gallery in the process.

I'm not sure whether to do it though if the warlords from the previous towns will reappear at random later on, if that's the case then I still have a shot at recruiting them so I won't need to start from scratch.

Btw, I somehow managed to recruit Kenshin, but for some reason his sister and that other warlord subordinate (the dude with the Kirlia) ran off somewhere even though I finished them off with super-effective attacks (not using a warlord unfortunately). ;_;
#10AmakusaPosted 7/5/2012 10:08:43 AM
Lord of Nightmares posted...
I recently cleared Illusio, but then I discovered that I missed out on a whole bunch of warlords as I hadn't yet figured out the requirements for recruiting them.

That's normal. There's no reason to start over for that.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.