Okay, how on EARTH do you evolve Scyther??

#1gamer4life_6789Posted 7/6/2012 11:00:12 AM
Okay, my Scyther is paired with Shigezane, the guy who has a perfect link with it. The link is currently at 61%. I have the metal coat equipped. I've beaten Warlords on numerous occasions in every way possible (ie: Scyther attacked them FIRST and killed them FIRST without getting hit), but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
#2ellis123Posted 7/6/2012 11:06:08 AM
Have you just beaten Warlords or have you beaten a regular Warrior?
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#3gamer4life_6789(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 11:17:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I've beaten both kinds, but I'll try again and see.
#4MstrDrgn1012Posted 7/6/2012 11:28:56 AM
Much easier to just catch a Scizzor. however it's spelled.
---
"For as we say..... is life not but what is made of? And so is... so is..."
#5PrinceKaroPosted 7/6/2012 12:57:32 PM
ellis123 posted...

It should work with a normal Warrior.
---
SuperNiceDog is about 20% cooler then the other gurus.
#6ellis123Posted 7/6/2012 1:21:42 PM
PrinceKaro posted...
ellis123 posted...

It should work with a normal Warrior.

That's the point.
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#7Sir_LinebeckPosted 7/6/2012 2:08:45 PM
I had the biggest trouble evolving Boldore ( Another trade evolution). Are you fighting warlords as part of a city attack or out in the field with wild Pokémon? I tried city attacks and even solo'd them so Boldore was getting the kill but couldn't get the evolution, but as soon as I tried beating warlord in the fields I evolved first try. Could be worth trying.
---
Proud supporter of Isaac for Super Smash Bros.
#8SirkPosted 7/6/2012 3:08:56 PM
Sir_Linebeck posted...
I had the biggest trouble evolving Boldore ( Another trade evolution). Are you fighting warlords as part of a city attack or out in the field with wild Pokémon? I tried city attacks and even solo'd them so Boldore was getting the kill but couldn't get the evolution, but as soon as I tried beating warlord in the fields I evolved first try. Could be worth trying.

I had the same problem with some trade-evolution Pokemon, where they couldn't evolve in city-level battles, and others where they could. I managed to evolve Ujiyasu's Boldore in a battle with Nixtorm (the final battle of that mission) but I couldn't evolve Gurdurr in a city battle no matter how many times it made the first KO. I think there is some other factor that hasn't been clarified.
---
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
#9CharizardFirePosted 7/6/2012 3:31:41 PM
I had the same problem with some trade-evolution Pokemon, where they couldn't evolve in city-level battles, and others where they could. I managed to evolve Ujiyasu's Boldore in a battle with Nixtorm (the final battle of that mission) but I couldn't evolve Gurdurr in a city battle no matter how many times it made the first KO. I think there is some other factor that hasn't been clarified.

You don't need to make the first KO for those evolutions.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#10kakashik99992Posted 7/6/2012 3:36:16 PM
Might be the RNG being nice to me but I always get those evolutions on first try. I just make the pokemon go solo(harder without the charm but you just need to find the right spot) and he always evolve later