Sequel utilizing the Dynasty Warriors cast instead?

#211998_zPosted 6/8/2012 6:21:21 PM
BlueSophia posted...
1998_z posted...
BlueSophia posted...
Zhuge Liang: Thunderus/Castform.

BlueSophia posted...
Shu is primarily a ragtag bunch of misfits so they obviously clash in terms of what they can bring to the table.

As much as I could think I guess I'm gonna disagree with these.

Many of Shu's generals were recruited with reasons other than for the glory of China. In fact, out of all the members of Shu, only Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang, Zhao Yun, Guan Yu and Zhiang Fei were wholeheartedly dedicated to the cause of restoring the Han dynasty with the power of Shu. Running them off...

- Ma Chao and his folk were more or less only in it to kill Cao Cao (they failed).
- Huang Xhong more or less served the Liu family, which extended from his father to him.
- Wei Yan's obligation was to Liu Bei. Once he died, he had no reason to stay.
- Jiang Wei was recruited by Zhuge Liang and was no more dedicated to the cause as he was to Liu Bei. He stayed for Zhuge Liang, not for any inherent sense of purpose.
- Wang Ping was captured and converted.

Essentially, Shu lacked a number of good generals which is why the generals under the banner are either recruited from somewhere else. Wei and Wu had their generals who actually were already part of their land and were connected on principle. As shown by the death of Zhuge Liang and Liu Bei, once the lynchpins are gone, Shu effectively fell apart because they were a bunch of generals held together by spit.

Also, Zhuge Liang is noted to be knowledgeable enough to predict the weather and divine a strategy from the way the terrain can be controlled. Castform adapts to the weather much like him and Thunderus is a pokemon that is noted to control the storms.

I think he deserved more majestic looking Pokemon...
---
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards.
R-The Scientist
#22BlueSophiaPosted 6/8/2012 8:38:08 PM
1998_z posted...

I think he deserved more majestic looking Pokemon...

Majesty doesn't mean they match him according to the lore. And Thunderus is plenty majestic, especially once he is transformed.
---
Kuwagata! Kamakiri! Batta! Gata-Gata-Kiri-Ba! Gata-Kiri-Ba!
#23Dragovian1Posted 6/9/2012 10:20:51 AM
BlueSophia:
"Also, Zhuge Liang is noted to be knowledgeable enough to predict the weather and divine a strategy from the way the terrain can be controlled. Castform adapts to the weather much like him and Thunderus is a pokemon that is noted to control the storms."

That isn't all Kongming is known for. He's also known for his grand strategies, inventions, literature, and understanding of people (basically knowing how they'll react...psychic).

Example: When Zhou Yu asked for 100,000 arrows in 10 days, Kongming said he could get them in 3 days. He used the fog (weather, like you mention), his understanding of the enemy (like I mention), and his ingenuity to obtain over 100,000 arrows by sending in ships against Cao Cao forces under cover of the fog. He placed soldiers made of straw on the upper decks of the ships. Cao Cao's forces fired onto the ships without seeing what they were firing at. Kongming got the arrows from the straw soldiers after it was over.

He's also literally known as "Wolong," translated as "Crouching Dragon." So, you could give him a dragon type as well.
---
Playing: PS2- NA: Iron Triangle / DS- Advance Wars DS, YGO 2011 / GC- Zoids: Battle Legends / GBA- Zoids: Legacy / 360- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
#24Nitemare667Posted 6/9/2012 2:08:22 PM
i see alot of interesting ideas with DW characters and partnered pokemon
in my opinion i would sayfor the 3 warlords there partner pokemon should be...

Liu Bei-Dragonite/Salamence
Cao Cao- Articuno/Ho-oh(big maybe)
Sun Quan-Arcanine/ Entei

as for others, to many to decide yet.
#25BlueSophiaPosted 6/9/2012 9:40:09 PM(edited)
Dragovian1 posted...
BlueSophia:
"Also, Zhuge Liang is noted to be knowledgeable enough to predict the weather and divine a strategy from the way the terrain can be controlled. Castform adapts to the weather much like him and Thunderus is a pokemon that is noted to control the storms."

That isn't all Kongming is known for. He's also known for his grand strategies, inventions, literature, and understanding of people (basically knowing how they'll react...psychic).

Example: When Zhou Yu asked for 100,000 arrows in 10 days, Kongming said he could get them in 3 days. He used the fog (weather, like you mention), his understanding of the enemy (like I mention), and his ingenuity to obtain over 100,000 arrows by sending in ships against Cao Cao forces under cover of the fog. He placed soldiers made of straw on the upper decks of the ships. Cao Cao's forces fired onto the ships without seeing what they were firing at. Kongming got the arrows from the straw soldiers after it was over.

He's also literally known as "Wolong," translated as "Crouching Dragon." So, you could give him a dragon type as well.

I said knowledgeable, not exclusively in that area. However, his abilities are more in the cases of being well aware of many things, not just people, but the lands, the tactics and weaponry. In his case, he is not a psychic controller because it would narrow his skillset far too much. He is most at home when you consider that he is far more at home with pokemon that have multiple and constantly changing forms, a la Castform, Rotom and Deoxys.

In the latter case, Thundurus is also a pokemon with the ability to change form, a form that is characterized as a CLOUD DRAGON. Considering as well the ability Prankster (which suits the intellectual types), it certainly makes Thundurus the perfect pokemon for Kongming.

Nitemare667 posted...
i see alot of interesting ideas with DW characters and partnered pokemon
in my opinion i would sayfor the 3 warlords there partner pokemon should be...

Liu Bei-Dragonite/Salamence
Cao Cao- Articuno/Ho-oh(big maybe)
Sun Quan-Arcanine/ Entei

as for others, to many to decide yet.

You might want to, say, choose the partners more for color than anything. It is a bit jarring to see Liu Bei (green) be partnered with a pokemon that has the colors of his opposite factions but not of his own, and a giant glowing bird for a blue faction.

Also, As a major faction leader, Liu Bei should have an actual legendary pokemon as his final partner rather than a dime a dozen (albeit rare) dragon.

Anyways...

Bao Sanniang: Scizor
Deng Ai: Magnezone
Dongtuna: Seaking
Huang Yueying: Flygon
Jiang Wei: Virizion
Ling Tong: Aerodactyl
Pang Tong: Shiftry
Sun Jian: Moltres
Sun Ce: Heatran
Sun Xin: Exploud
Taishi Ci: Drapion
Hao Zhao: Claydol
Zhang He: Medicham
Zhang Liao: Beeheeyem
---
Kuwagata! Kamakiri! Batta! Gata-Gata-Kiri-Ba! Gata-Kiri-Ba!
#261998_zPosted 6/9/2012 9:14:06 PM
BlueSophia posted...
Dragovian1 posted...
BlueSophia:

I said knowledgeable, not exclusively in that area. However, his abilities are more in the cases of being well aware of many things, not just people, but the lands, the tactics and weaponry. In his case, he is not a psychic controller because it would narrow his skillset far too much. He is most at home when you consider that he is far more at home with pokemon that have multiple and constantly changing forms, a la Castform, Rotom and Deoxys.

In the latter case, Thundurus is also a pokemon with the ability to change form, a form that is characterized as a CLOUD DRAGON. Considering as well the ability Prankster (which suits the intellectual types), it certainly makes Thundurus the perfect pokemon for Kongming.

Now after seeing psychic talks I thought of Alakazam as his first Pokemon(not best link)...
---
R-The Scientist
#27Dragovian1Posted 6/9/2012 11:01:23 PM(edited)
BlueSophia
"I said knowledgeable, not exclusively in that area. However, his abilities are more in the cases of being well aware of many things, not just people, but the lands, the tactics and weaponry. In his case, he is not a psychic controller because it would narrow his skillset far too much. He is most at home when you consider that he is far more at home with pokemon that have multiple and constantly changing forms, a la Castform, Rotom and Deoxys.

In the latter case, Thundurus is also a pokemon with the ability to change form, a form that is characterized as a CLOUD DRAGON. Considering as well the ability Prankster (which suits the intellectual types), it certainly makes Thundurus the perfect pokemon for Kongming."

I never said he should be confined to a psychic only class. I pointed out that he could be related to psychic types, but not, to use your word, exclusively.

I also wholly disagree with Thundurus. He is explosive and unpredictable, much like a brawny drunkard. It's known for randomly flying around Unova, firing off lightning bolts and charring the areas around it. Kongming is calm and calculating, hence my example. It is also an Electric and Flying type, not a dragon type. Prankster is also unsuited for Kongming. He is not a prankster, nor does it suit intellectual types. It also has the hidden ability of Defiant in the Dream World, which Kongming also is not.

As for a good ability, I would say Anticipation would suit Kongming, among a few others. Kongming is known for anticipating his opponents moves and desires, while coming up with plans to thwart them. Adaptability (adapts to the current situation), Arena Trap (lured Sima Yi into a trap), Flash Fire (used against Meng Huo), and others. I'm still working on these as well, which is why I won't choose one, but have merely pointed some out for comment.

I would post some Pokemon recommendations, but I am still contemplating which I believe to be best suited for Kongming.

EDIT: Re-read my post and see where some of it may be a little too direct and taken as rude and whatnot. I apologize beforehand for any rudeness perceived from my directness.
---
Playing: PS2- NA: Iron Triangle / DS- Advance Wars DS, YGO 2011 / GC- Zoids: Battle Legends / GBA- Zoids: Legacy / 360- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
#281998_zPosted 6/10/2012 5:06:29 AM
Dragovian1 posted...
BlueSophia
"I said knowledgeable, not exclusively in that area. However, his abilities are more in the cases of being well aware of many things, not just people, but the lands, the tactics and weaponry. In his case, he is not a psychic controller because it would narrow his skillset far too much. He is most at home when you consider that he is far more at home with pokemon that have multiple and constantly changing forms, a la Castform, Rotom and Deoxys.

In the latter case, Thundurus is also a pokemon with the ability to change form, a form that is characterized as a CLOUD DRAGON. Considering as well the ability Prankster (which suits the intellectual types), it certainly makes Thundurus the perfect pokemon for Kongming."

I never said he should be confined to a psychic only class. I pointed out that he could be related to psychic types, but not, to use your word, exclusively.

I also wholly disagree with Thundurus. He is explosive and unpredictable, much like a brawny drunkard. It's known for randomly flying around Unova, firing off lightning bolts and charring the areas around it. Kongming is calm and calculating, hence my example. It is also an Electric and Flying type, not a dragon type. Prankster is also unsuited for Kongming. He is not a prankster, nor does it suit intellectual types. It also has the hidden ability of Defiant in the Dream World, which Kongming also is not.

As for a good ability, I would say Anticipation would suit Kongming, among a few others. Kongming is known for anticipating his opponents moves and desires, while coming up with plans to thwart them. Adaptability (adapts to the current situation), Arena Trap (lured Sima Yi into a trap), Flash Fire (used against Meng Huo), and others. I'm still working on these as well, which is why I won't choose one, but have merely pointed some out for comment.

I would post some Pokemon recommendations, but I am still contemplating which I believe to be best suited for Kongming.

EDIT: Re-read my post and see where some of it may be a little too direct and taken as rude and whatnot. I apologize beforehand for any rudeness perceived from my directness.

I thought of Rayquaza for him.
Reasons:
- He can control the wind as in the Battle of Chi Bi, and Rayquaza has Air Lock which is somewhat related.
- Rayquaza is a Dragon type.
- Rayquaza looks majestic and fitting for him, especially on his DW7 looks.
---
R-The Scientist
#29griether817Posted 6/13/2012 1:20:29 PM
BlueSophia:

Historically never happened although Sun Quan supposedly did something similiar.
Unlike how DW and the novel it's based off portray him, in reality Kong Ming was for the most part just average as a strategist/commander(although he had a knack for reading his adversaries but also gave bad advice on several occasions) but he did excel primarily in civil matters.
---
"So, if I'm not mistaken, you're NOT Dr. Loboto, and you DON'T pay my salary, so kindly back away from my elevator and DIE. Thank you, sir."
#30AmakusaPosted 6/13/2012 6:39:40 PM
griether817 posted...

Historically never happened although Sun Quan supposedly did something similiar.
Unlike how DW and the novel it's based off portray him, in reality Kong Ming was for the most part just average as a strategist/commander(although he had a knack for reading his adversaries but also gave bad advice on several occasions) but he did excel primarily in civil matters.

Zhuge Liang wasn't 'average', he was 'above average' and his army was never destroyed in any of his campaigns (which is the main reason why he could launch all five of his Northern Campaigns). He knew when it was time to cut his losses and his opponents were justifiably worried about giving chase as he was also known to spring ambushes on them (the most infamous being the one conducted after his own death).
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.