gamestop woes

#31Strippin HeatPosted 6/18/2012 9:52:47 PM
Our reserve system in store has had the date for 6/19 since it was first announced.

Those that have the game and aren't selling it didn't read their store informer newsletters that said the street date was removed and it could be sold upon arrival. Their managers aren't doing a good job conveying this information to their GAs, and if it's the managers themselves not selling it, they need to pay more attention.

We get games several days before release to ensure we have them the day they come out (Lego Batman 2, dated for 6/19, was in stores via UPS last Thursday), but for some reason Conquest still hasn't shown up at my store, and there are none in transit despite having 4 reserves. You can thank the distro center for that since it would show "in transit" if it was already in the hands of UPS for delivery, as it should have been a week ago.
---
There = location. Their = possession. They're = "they are".
Then = time. Than = comparison.
#32Bud_k_bobPosted 6/19/2012 12:52:28 AM
How about this?

I walk into my gamestop, look around for a minute, as the clerk is busy, then calmly ask if he had it in yet. (I was hyperventilating inside, though) He just looks at me from the other side of the counter and says. "Sorry, I haven't gotten it yet and BECAUSE the street date is lifted, the distribution center isn't showing it as a priority new release anymore, so they haven't even shipped it yet, PLUS when they do they probably won't even overnight it."

I just turned around and left. Why does lifting the street date mean that it comes out LATER? Can anyone explain this to me?
#33Nate_DihldorffPosted 6/19/2012 4:10:21 AM
Bud_k_bob posted...
I just turned around and left. Why does lifting the street date mean that it comes out LATER? Can anyone explain this to me?

Because Nintendo literally doesn't give a crap about the game? It was probably a lot of work for them to translate it. Sometimes, the jerks in charge (like Reggie) forcefully want games like this to fail. I'm not even kidding. Corporations that make millions always find ways to make a product fail that way they don't even have to go back to them (or related products). Since this game already has a VERY LIMITED supply, they gauged how much they wanted it to fail.
---
Random GameFAQs user: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#34gharmanPosted 6/19/2012 8:53:12 AM
Just to update, I picked up a copy last night (6/18/12) at my local Target store. I first went on target.com and pulled up the game. They then have a button to check if it is available, I did that by putting in my zip-code and it showed every Target store in 60 miles had it as available. Went to the store and sure enough picked it up. So if you are still looking for the game maybe try their web page if you have a Target anywhere near you.
#35Strippin HeatPosted 6/19/2012 2:18:50 PM
We got our shipment in today, over-nighted through UPS. Nintendo likes to ship stuff on their own terms, and in bricks of four wrapped in shrink-wrap with red quick open tabs (like a pack of gum). Four were reserved and I had one person pick it up earlier, while the other four were immediately purchased off the shelf. It's actually selling very well, and the critics seem to be praising it. More will be coming soon.
---
There = location. Their = possession. They're = "they are".
Then = time. Than = comparison.