WTF? Evolution = Bad.

#1VashVhexXPosted 6/20/2012 2:49:52 PM
I think evolving almost ALWAYS gives you the raw end of the deal here... It's really bizarre.
Prime example: I evolved my 6th gen water starter and my lord (Some weird Japanese name... He's the DLC guy with white hair, and the lord of the water kingdom)... lost his perfect link... dropping from xx/100% to xx/90%. That's a serious let down...

Not only that, but I can't even count how many times the move worsens with evolution. Since de-evolution spray doesn't exist, it isn't something you can remedy at all. Worse yet, subsequent play-throughs make them start out with the evolved version...

It almost seems like they're trying to balance them, like:
STAGE 1: Awesome range yet weak
STAGE 2: Stronger, usually not as good move
STAGE 3: Strong as hell... terrible move?

Anyone else feel the same way?
---
Interesting parable, male sibling
#2capgamerPosted 6/20/2012 2:50:58 PM
Yeah it's kind of odd you can't switch between all the moves of that pokemon and its evolutions. So if you evolve and you want to go back to a previous move before a battle you could.
---
...I don't go down. - Jeod_Cripto
Bull****. Everyone goes down sometimes. - Immortal_Azrael
#3VashVhexX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 2:52:32 PM
Or at least give you a preview of what you're in for.
---
Interesting parable, male sibling
#4OniNoMeKyoPosted 6/20/2012 2:56:45 PM
It's not like you can't link with another Pokemon, though.
---
PSN: OniNoMeKyo, Currently Playing: Uncharted 3, Disgaea 4, and Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk 2, until Hyperdimension Neptunia V gets a US release
#5timpkmn89Posted 6/20/2012 3:20:14 PM
lost his perfect link... dropping from xx/100% to xx/90%. That's a serious let down...

It's like how Ash lost his link wish his Charmander when it evolved
---
---
---
#6OkkPosted 6/20/2012 3:44:39 PM
Presumably, you mean Motochika.
According to Serebii, if you get Motochika to transform, he should be able to perfect link with Samurott.
---
Camelio: I wish we'd gotten to see the Porygon episode of the (Pokemon) show...
Raddatz: Why? Do you like hospital food or something?
#7MaddocZeltPosted 6/20/2012 4:01:13 PM
Get to 65% with Samurott and Motochika will "evolve", improving his warlord stats and warlord ability, and making Samurott his perfect link.

And attacks that get worse upon evolution are in the severe minority, and usually it's a case of "Move gets stronger, but has annoying downside now"
#8JiriliciousPosted 6/20/2012 4:06:54 PM
OniNoMeKyo posted...
It's not like you can't link with another Pokemon, though.

This. Just get 2 of them. One can be the first form, one can be the second. Depending on the battle you can choose accordingly who to bring with you.
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/v5hf8i.jpg
I do this music for me. If you was true as me then this for you, but I do it for me.