Is there an easy way to get a good, new Pokemon for Oishi?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Is there an easy way to get a good, new Pokemon for Oishi?

User Info: DDJ

DDJ
4 years ago#1
I'm finding it incredibly annoying you're required to take two warriors into every battle that by default have Normal-type Pokemon, but it seems like the only alternative is to get one of them (probably Oishi) a new one and then spend several months training her link with that Pokemon until it's up to snuff. That just seems tedious and stupid. Is there a better way to get a new Pokemon for her?
www.DDJGames.com - Game reviews, articles, guides, lists, and more.
Latest: Review: Lollipop Chainsaw

User Info: SuicideRobotX

SuicideRobotX
4 years ago#2
DetroitDJ posted...
I'm finding it incredibly annoying you're required to take two warriors into every battle that by default have Normal-type Pokemon, but it seems like the only alternative is to get one of them (probably Oishi) a new one and then spend several months training her link with that Pokemon until it's up to snuff. That just seems tedious and stupid. Is there a better way to get a new Pokemon for her?

Use the codes in the cheat section. I got her lapras and she balances out my current team rather well. Though I'm still only part-way thru the game.
psn: robothorror

User Info: mightGuy

mightGuy
4 years ago#3
She goes good w. Larpras? I gave her an evee which she has a 90 link w. and I used a water stone while my mc has a glaceon

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
4 years ago#4
I just had to get a second guy for her today, 'cause Jigglypuff can't do anything to steel or ghost types, so I just kinda went and got a Drilbur for her and a Wooper for Eeveeguy, fought once, Wooper evolved. Took the two of 'em back to the steel nation with some other guys I had around, and we got it done. Just take two or three months to capture and train the new guys. Definitely shouldn't take a really long time to get 'em ready.

User Info: BioPoke

BioPoke
4 years ago#5
She has an 84% link with Dragonite, and a 90% with the Eveelutions.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
4 years ago#6
the thing about Oichi is that she tends to act more as a support character, and in that regard, Jigglypuff's pretty good due to its monstrous HP. But anyway, according to the Japanese wiki, she's capable of getting a 90% link with a pretty wide range of Pokemon. Said wiki also has some recommendations for her, but if you're early in the game, a lot of those recommendations can't be obtained yet (ex. Chandelure). The Starly line's pretty good for her, though.

User Info: DDJ

DDJ
4 years ago#7
Thanks, all. I ended up going with a second Eevee for her in order to gain both a Vaporeon (based on what I've read about it being awesome) and a Jolteon (based on the 10-year-old inside me screaming "But it's always been your favorite Pokemon!!").
Sign the Petition for hit-tracking for Top 10 Lists:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/63141023
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Is there an easy way to get a good, new Pokemon for Oishi?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived