Is there an easy way to get a good, new Pokemon for Oishi?

#1DetroitDJ(Moderator)Posted 6/23/2012 2:10:00 PM
I'm finding it incredibly annoying you're required to take two warriors into every battle that by default have Normal-type Pokemon, but it seems like the only alternative is to get one of them (probably Oishi) a new one and then spend several months training her link with that Pokemon until it's up to snuff. That just seems tedious and stupid. Is there a better way to get a new Pokemon for her?
---
www.DDJGames.com - Game reviews, articles, guides, lists, and more.
Latest: Review: Lollipop Chainsaw
#2SuicideRobotXPosted 6/23/2012 2:11:44 PM
DetroitDJ posted...
I'm finding it incredibly annoying you're required to take two warriors into every battle that by default have Normal-type Pokemon, but it seems like the only alternative is to get one of them (probably Oishi) a new one and then spend several months training her link with that Pokemon until it's up to snuff. That just seems tedious and stupid. Is there a better way to get a new Pokemon for her?

Use the codes in the cheat section. I got her lapras and she balances out my current team rather well. Though I'm still only part-way thru the game.
---
psn: robothorror
#3mightGuyPosted 6/23/2012 2:22:19 PM
She goes good w. Larpras? I gave her an evee which she has a 90 link w. and I used a water stone while my mc has a glaceon
#4BadDecisionsPosted 6/23/2012 2:22:36 PM
I just had to get a second guy for her today, 'cause Jigglypuff can't do anything to steel or ghost types, so I just kinda went and got a Drilbur for her and a Wooper for Eeveeguy, fought once, Wooper evolved. Took the two of 'em back to the steel nation with some other guys I had around, and we got it done. Just take two or three months to capture and train the new guys. Definitely shouldn't take a really long time to get 'em ready.
#5BioPokePosted 6/23/2012 2:35:02 PM
She has an 84% link with Dragonite, and a 90% with the Eveelutions.
#6Yamato_sanPosted 6/23/2012 2:42:22 PM
the thing about Oichi is that she tends to act more as a support character, and in that regard, Jigglypuff's pretty good due to its monstrous HP. But anyway, according to the Japanese wiki, she's capable of getting a 90% link with a pretty wide range of Pokemon. Said wiki also has some recommendations for her, but if you're early in the game, a lot of those recommendations can't be obtained yet (ex. Chandelure). The Starly line's pretty good for her, though.
#7DetroitDJ(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 6/23/2012 2:52:31 PM
Thanks, all. I ended up going with a second Eevee for her in order to gain both a Vaporeon (based on what I've read about it being awesome) and a Jolteon (based on the 10-year-old inside me screaming "But it's always been your favorite Pokemon!!").
---
Sign the Petition for hit-tracking for Top 10 Lists:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/63141023