Serebii's Incorrect Warrior Names - What are the right ones?

#1ShardZeroPosted 6/25/2012 6:36:20 PM(edited)
So, Serebii, among other things, came out with this list:

http://www.serebii.net/conquest/bushou2.shtml

It's, well... unreliable I think is the best word for it.

This is a much better resource for that sort of thing:

http://wiki.grovyle.net/ranse/?%E3%83%96%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%BC%2F%E3%83%A2%E3%83%96

...which unfortunately is in Japanese, which I don't natively speak. I can get a lot of data off it (such as where Serebii is wrong), but obviously I can't get the English names of the Warlords or their abilities.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten every warrior yet, so I can't do this check myself.

I can translate katakana easily enough, so I'm going to list here every name where my literal translation is different from Serebii's, and I'd like confirmation or correction on what the correct name in game actually is.

I've arranged this by Gallery order, so it should be easy to find the Warrior I'm talking about.

(Page 1, Row 4, Left) Motonori -- Motonari

(Page 2, Row 3, Right) Nouhime -- N˘-hime
(Page 2, Row 4, Left) Kotarou -- Kotar˘

(Page 3, Row 1, Right) Gracia -- Garasha
(Page 3, Row 2, Left) Hanzo -- Hanz˘
(Page 3, Row 4, Right) Ayagozen -- Aya-gozen
(Page 3, Row 5, Left) Kaihime -- Kai-hime

(Page 4, Row 1, Left) Ranmaru -- Ranmaru
The official US Pokemon conquest site lists his name as Rammaru, but the screenshot they give has Ranmaru. What is it in the real game?
http://www.pokemonconquest.com/en-us/character/rammaru

(Page 4, Row 2, Left) Inahime -- Ina-hime

(Page 5, Row 2, Right) Cha Cha -- Chacha
(Page 5, Row 3, Left) Gow -- G˘

(Page 7, Row 2, Left) Rikkyu -- Rikyű

(Page 8, Row 1, Left) Ritsuko -- Tatsuko
(Page 8, Row 1, Right) Maa -- MÔ

(Page 9, Row 1, Right) Dousetsu -- D˘setsu
(Page 9, Row 2, Left) Jouun -- J˘un
(Page 9, Row 2, Right) Sorin -- S˘rin
(Page 9, Row 3, Left) Sekisou -- Sekis˘

(Page 10, Row 5, Left) Mish*tada -- Mitsutada
Stupid GameFAQs censoring.

(Page 11, Row 4, Left) Hisaaki -- HisÔki

(Page 12, Row 1, Left) Sandayuu -- Sandayű
(Page 12, Row 3, Left) Seikurou -- Seikur˘

(Page 13, Row 3, Left) Kay -- Kei

(Page 14, Row 5, Right) Yataro -- Yatar˘

(Page 16, Row 1, Right) Stratus -- S˘un
(Page 16, Row 2, Right) Gennan -- Gen'an

(Page 17, Row 1, Left) Dousan -- D˘san
(Page 17, Row 4, Right) Kai -- Kai
This seems accurate, but this would be the same name as the Warlord Kai-hime earlier on this list. Did the name change?

(Page 17, Row 5, Left) Site -- Genba
(Page 17, Row 5, Right) Danzou -- Danz˘

(Page 18, Row 3, Left) Ansei -- Yasumasa
(Page 18, Row 4, Right) Kazuma -- Kazumasa
(Page 18, Row 5, Left) Chouan -- Ch˘an

(Page 19, Row 2, Right) Saizou -- Saiz˘
(Page 19, Row 4, Left) Juuzou -- Jűz˘

(Page 20, Row 4, Left) Juubei -- Jűbŕ
(Page 20, Row 5, Right) Otsuu -- Otsű

And are there any others I missed?

---
Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate. ~Terry Pratchett
#21998_zPosted 6/25/2012 6:44:39 PM
Methinks they fixed it on the English game.
---
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards.
R - Rocket Scientist and Sucker Punch Master
#3AmakusaPosted 6/25/2012 6:53:36 PM
ShardZero posted...

(Page 3, Row 1, Right) Gracia -- Garasha

You aren't seriously trying to insist it's 'supposed' to be spelled like that?
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#4_Ultimate_Sora_Posted 6/25/2012 7:09:27 PM
My guide -should- have most names correct from the english version. Though I might've missed 2 or 3 :D
---
PSN: Airaa-
#5ShardZero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2012 7:09:44 PM
Amakusa posted...

Straight reading of the kana says "Garasha", which is why I posted it.

However, given that I'm not employed by Tecmo Koei, The PokÚmon Company, Nintendo, or any of their localisation teams, I have precisely zero authority to say what it's supposed to be. Frankly, I have no interest in what it's supposed to be, I'm only really interested in what it is.

It's an inevitable fact that least half of the names I posted are wrong. I'd like to know which ones are, preferably with help from people further along in the game than myself.
---
Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate. ~Terry Pratchett
#6ShardZero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2012 7:11:16 PM
_Ultimate_Sora_ posted...
My guide -should- have most names correct from the english version. Though I might've missed 2 or 3 :D

Would you mind double-checking the ones I've listed, please? I'd hate to think there was one missed.
---
#7_Ultimate_Sora_Posted 6/25/2012 7:20:49 PM
ShardZero posted...
_Ultimate_Sora_ posted...

Would you mind double-checking the ones I've listed, please? I'd hate to think there was one missed.

There is no motonori...and the rest again should be correct as I've double checked each one to both spreadsheets that have been floating around on the forums :x My next update will include all of warriors in alphabetical order rather than a big jumbled mess
---
#8Goul111Posted 6/25/2012 7:23:28 PM
The names have always been spelled the way they are listed on Serebii, minus some suffixes. The "hime" suffix isn't always tied on, atleast in the english localizations. The dashes between names are often pointless aswell.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#9_Ultimate_Sora_Posted 6/25/2012 7:25:22 PM
Goul111 posted...
The names have always been spelled the way they are listed on Serebii, minus some suffixes. The "hime" suffix isn't always tied on, atleast in the english localizations. The dashes between names are often pointless aswell.

like 2 or 3 of them got a name change but yeah, most of them are just about the same
---
#10legendarylemurPosted 6/25/2012 8:18:19 PM
ShardZero posted...
Amakusa posted...

Straight reading of the kana says "Garasha", which is why I posted it.

However, given that I'm not employed by Tecmo Koei, The PokÚmon Company, Nintendo, or any of their localisation teams, I have precisely zero authority to say what it's supposed to be. Frankly, I have no interest in what it's supposed to be, I'm only really interested in what it is.

It's an inevitable fact that least half of the names I posted are wrong. I'd like to know which ones are, preferably with help from people further along in the game than myself.

http://www.answers.com/topic/hosokawa-gracia

You do realize these people are based off of real history? Gracia got her name after being baptized.
---
The success of the 3DS will bring about the end of the world!!! Now who wants pizza?
Official legendarylemur of the KDF?
More topics from this board...
Warriors evolutionIchigo_Geass1527/24 6:49PM