What do Harmony Flute, Couplink, Etc. do?

#1huttj509Posted 6/30/2012 8:49:43 PM
So, from the in-game description, it's unclear what these items actually do. Do they

a) Make it easier for a warrior to link to a new pokemon.
b) Increase the link % gained after the battle?

"Increases the probability of linking with pokemon" sounds like the former, but "Slightly improves the link between warrior and pokemon" could be either, since bouth use the term 'link' or 'linking.'
#2Ethereal_NightPosted 6/30/2012 8:53:56 PM
Harmony Flute B, Couplink A
---
If the police operated like GameFAQs mods, they'd show up at a bank robbery and shoot the civilian who says 'Oh my god they're robbing the bank!' - Miasthmatic
#3KalmaroPosted 6/30/2012 8:55:02 PM
huttj509 posted...

http://www.serebii.net/conquest/items.shtml
#4KalmaroPosted 6/30/2012 8:57:11 PM
Ethereal_Night posted...

this is the exact opposite of what the link says on serebii... are they wrong?
#5Ethereal_NightPosted 6/30/2012 8:58:22 PM
I might be wrong, I guess. Oh well
---
If the police operated like GameFAQs mods, they'd show up at a bank robbery and shoot the civilian who says 'Oh my god they're robbing the bank!' - Miasthmatic
#6huttj509(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 8:59:13 PM
Kalmaro posted...
huttj509 posted...

http://www.serebii.net/conquest/items.shtml

Hmm, what Serebii says is the inverse of what the descriptions imply (if they do different things), and reverse of what was posted above.

At least it's not obvious from in-game descriptions, so I feel a little better about asking.
#7KalmaroPosted 6/30/2012 9:01:22 PM
you could always try saving a game, then trying to catch someone with/without the flute
but I think flute just makes it easier to catch guys. Music soothing critters and all.
#8NinjaKitsunePosted 6/30/2012 9:42:12 PM
Given couplink has a 3 turn limit, I'm more inclined to say it's linking to a new pokemon. I'll run a test with it tomorrow, though.
---
Douglas Adams: "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
#9KalmaroPosted 6/30/2012 9:43:04 PM
NinjaKitsune posted...
Given couplink has a 3 turn limit, I'm more inclined to say it's linking to a new pokemon. I'll run a test with it tomorrow, though.

One could easily say though that it's a three turn limit to boost sync after a kill
still hard to say
#10LightHawKnightPosted 6/30/2012 9:45:34 PM
Ethereal_Night posted...

From what I have seen, it is this. Couplink only goes down after I try to link with a pokemon and harmony flute boosts the link from battles.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
Me and polite have never been on close terms.