Question about Serebii and Pokemon Conquest

#21FurioPosted 7/3/2012 10:33:04 AM
BadDecisions posted...
The layout for the Conquest part, and serebii in general, is pretty bad. Very little control+f friendliness. Very off-putting. I find myself using the gamefaqs compatibility charts that've been floating around a lot more than any of serebii's resources from this game.

It would be extremely helpful to have the pokemon's names and not just images on the warlord/warriors pages, so that CTRL+F works. Right now I have to pull up a spreadsheet to do this, then go over to serebii's site to find the location of where to find the pokemon.
#22AuthorNumber2Posted 7/3/2012 5:55:26 PM
Personally, I would have liked the warlords/warriors listed in alphabetic order. But that's probably just me.
#23MyDogSkipPosted 7/3/2012 6:36:47 PM(edited)
Personally, I would have liked the warlords/warriors listed in alphabetic order. But that's probably just me.

They're listed in gallery order; it's much better.

I wish I had written down the mistakes I found so that I could recall them now. Aside from what's listed here, off the top of my head, I have personally found that all of the Warlords (except possibly Masamune, whom I haven't checked) who are listed on the site as only evolving with first or second stage Pokemon can evolve with their final stages. Gracia, Kunoichi, and Kai are listed as being obtainable in the main story ("Defeat in Nation") but they are only obtainable in the postgame. Shingen can only evolve after beating a specific episode (probably Kenshin's). Nobunaga can only evolve during or after completing his episode.

A couple of suggestions: For Pokemon locations in the obtainable Pokemon page, clarify when it says a location followed by 'Swarm" whether this means the Pokemon can only be found in swarms. E.g. - Sneasel - Yaksha (swarm only); Nixtorm (swarm only). Also, I know there's little room to do this in the allotted space on the Warlords page as it is now, but specifying which episodes they can be recruited in would be helpful. Just saying "Special Episode" doesn't tell all that much.

I do appreciate all you do with the site Serebii; thanks for putting up with our complaining.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#24Jak7733Posted 7/3/2012 10:26:51 PM
I don't know about Gracia and Kai, but you can definitely get Kunoichi in the main story. I don't think you can recruit her the first time you fight her (then again I couldn't recruit ANY warlords the first time I fought them in the main story, except Shingen who joined automatically) but she does appear randomly later and is recruitable then. I used her on my default main team. Never did encounter Gracia or Kai outside the first battle with them though.
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy
#25MyDogSkipPosted 7/3/2012 10:34:34 PM(edited)
I don't know about Gracia and Kai, but you can definitely get Kunoichi in the main story. I don't think you can recruit her the first time you fight her (then again I couldn't recruit ANY warlords the first time I fought them in the main story, except Shingen who joined automatically) but she does appear randomly later and is recruitable then. I used her on my default main team. Never did encounter Gracia or Kai outside the first battle with them though.

Hmm you're right. You'd definitely be able to recruit her, since she was in Shingen's nation. Maybe I got her confused with Magoichi? He was in Avia, right? You wouldn't be able to recuit him unless Nobunaga released him after losing Avia. I'm not sure if he was recruitable or not (he's listed as such on Serebii).
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#26Kamui ArchetypePosted 7/3/2012 10:48:01 PM
Jak7733 posted...

You can recruit Kunoichi in the initial battle in Terrera. It's how I got her.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"- Super Paper Mario
FFIII Friend Code: 236315300212
#27Jak7733Posted 7/3/2012 11:49:56 PM
Pretty sure you couldn't recruit any of the Warlords originally in Nobunaga's army anytime ever during the main story, but all the rest that actually appeared in the main game were fair game except for Hideyoshi and the two you get from WiFi.
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy
#28Serebii from SPPPosted 7/4/2012 1:24:49 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, will get changing now I have free time. Thanks :)

BadDecisions posted...
The layout for the Conquest part, and serebii in general, is pretty bad. Very little control+f friendliness. Very off-putting. I find myself using the gamefaqs compatibility charts that've been floating around a lot more than any of serebii's resources from this game.

Fail to see how...
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#29Jak7733Posted 7/4/2012 1:54:16 AM
Thanks for fixing things! After I complete my gallery, I'll be happy to give you an accurate list of warrior names and perfect links. But it may be some time still as I've only got about half of the warriors with their perfect links so far.
---
#30frofrodajimyboyPosted 7/4/2012 6:03:43 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Thanks for the tips guys, will get changing now I have free time. Thanks :)

BadDecisions posted...

Fail to see how...

To clarify his complaint:

Say I want to know which warriors have a perfect link with Ekans. I SHOULD be able to just hit Ctrl+F to search the page for Ekans and quickly identify all of them. Instead, I have to scroll through to find (and potentially miss) everyone that has Ekans. The same applies to trying to find warriors of certain types. It might seem aesthetically pleasing to have the image, but you should never sacrifice usability for looks.

Also, it could be significantly better with some sorting options. Being able to sort warrior by which warriors have the most in particular stat would be nice.

There are also a few sections that could use some elaboration:

You should really have an explanation of how to recruit them at the top of the warlord section (meet one of the 3 requirements + defeat with a warlord).

You could also be a little more clear on warlord evolution requirements. Several can only apparently only evolve after finishing their episode, but that info isn't there. Some things should also be elaborated on. Ginchiyo and Muneshige not only can't be in the same nation, but can't be in a neighboring nation. You use the terms "capture", "complete collection", and "catalogue" for No, Nene, and Motonari, but that's just confusing; it should simply read "added to the gallery" for all of them.

On the Skills page, you should really list who has which skills.
---
Gamertag: FroFroDaJimyBoy
Wingman, leader, warrior.