How rare is Lapras?

#1I_AM_ANGRY_NOWPosted 7/7/2012 7:15:34 PM
I'm trying to get a Lapras for one of my Warriors as their Perfect Link, but I've yet to find one. I'm on Hideyoshi's story, with every single Kingdom conquered (save for Aurora, because I purposely cornered Oichi), with completely maxed-out facilities in every Kingdom.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3179 - 6071 - 0654; Kurai
#2AkubarixPosted 7/7/2012 7:50:33 PM
Have you tried using the password for it? Suddenly, they're not so rare =p.
---
"No man is invincible. Therefore, he cannot understand what it means to be invincible."
#3CharmyPosted 7/7/2012 7:57:38 PM
When I was in Hideyoshi's episode, I could never find Lapras in a fully leveled up Nixtorm, even though Serebii claims that they spawn there.

Ditto with Spiritomb in Yaksha/Spectra.

This seems to be because certain subsets of Pokemon can spawn in certain episodes. You may have to level up Nixtorm in another episode to find wild Lapras.

The episode I would check for Lapras would be Mitsuhide's... not sure if its there, but its the most logical place.

Or, you can use a swarm password of course.
#4I_AM_ANGRY_NOW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 8:54:44 PM
Charmy posted...
When I was in Hideyoshi's episode, I could never find Lapras in a fully leveled up Nixtorm, even though Serebii claims that they spawn there.

Ditto with Spiritomb in Yaksha/Spectra.

This. I was actually looking for both of those.

Thank you very much for saving me the time.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3179 - 6071 - 0654; Kurai
#5CharmyPosted 7/7/2012 10:50:19 PM(edited)
For Spiritomb, try Kotaro's episode. You will get more Spiritomb than you could ever possibly need if you upgrade Yaksha/Spectra.
#6BMSiriusPosted 7/8/2012 2:21:50 AM
I experienced a similar problem with Pawniard and Misdreavus in Kotaro's campaign. Despite my own former experiences and what Serebii said, Pawniard never showed up in the many kingdoms he was supposed to be in and Misdreavus refused to show up in the Lv3 Cave and/or Float Stone in Spectra. I even reloaded, like, 10 times to get them to show up and they never did. One day, though, they started appearing and they were extremely common ever since.

I suspect that some Pokemon have a hidden time requirement - you have to be so many months into the episode in order to locate them. With the exception of the intentionally gipped episodes (e.g. Kotaro's "only Dark/Poison/Ghost/Dragon Pokemon"), I am fairly confident that the random Pokemon do not differ between episodes.
---
PSN for Dragon's Dogma: MrDifficult (Pawn: Merritt)
General Use PSN: DarkestSamus
#7SynerisPosted 7/8/2012 8:10:37 PM
BMSirius posted...
I suspect that some Pokemon have a hidden time requirement - you have to be so many months into the episode in order to locate them.

14 years must not be long enough for lapras and spiritomb to show (in Hideyoshi's).
---
psn: syneris