Should I start over?

#1eimajamiePosted 7/10/2012 4:52:27 PM
I'm at Viperia atm and stupidly wasn't paying much attention to the Pokemon I linked with, now I have a lot of Pokemon that I've trained who can only reach 42ish%

I'd go and find better linking Pokemon but I have all these others I've wasted time on, also I don't really know how to get rid of any warriors.

Am I better just restarting ?
---
Memories are nice, but that's all they are.
#2eimajamie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 4:54:09 PM
Also, Ive spent alot of time training which I've heard isn't the best way to go at the start.
---
Memories are nice, but that's all they are.
#3ellis123Posted 7/10/2012 4:57:42 PM(edited)
Nope. All of your guys' link % gets reset each game, so losing something with a "high" (if you can call ~42% that...) is the norm. Just go out and get the better Pokemon for the individual characters and be done with it.

Edit: And training at the beginning isn't so much that it's not smart, it's that training guys that aren't Warlords isn't that great an idea, as the Warlords' evolutions are generally much better than any generic (and Warlords in the main story don't really matter in that they can't evolve outside of the main character). Getting good Pokemon, however, is perfectly fine. Especially in the main story, as you don't have any time limit or pressure on you.
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#4SuperMurderPosted 7/10/2012 5:06:00 PM
Only a few Pokemon need a certain link percentage to evolve. Pokemon with lower links can still be powerful. Short version: don't worry about link potential too much.
---
3DS: 3308-4986-4518 PSN: Billtog
Now playing Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Borderlands, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and Pressure
#5eimajamie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 5:26:04 PM
SuperMurder posted...
Only a few Pokemon need a certain link percentage to evolve. Pokemon with lower links can still be powerful. Short version: don't worry about link potential too much.

So Pokemon's strength etc still goes up if your link % can't?

I'm just worried 'cos I've got so many useless Pokemon that I shouldn't have recruited, if I started over I could be alot stronger training POkemon that matter...
---
"You can't change the past, you can only change yourself."
#6CharizardFirePosted 7/10/2012 5:33:51 PM
I'm just worried 'cos I've got so many useless Pokemon that I shouldn't have recruited, if I started over I could be alot stronger training Pokemon that matter...

Just link with new ones.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif