Is it worth not evolving certain pokemon?

#1AtmaboyPosted 8/4/2012 9:58:06 PM
I guess I'm not alone in being annoyed how some pokemon evolutions end up with less useful attacks than their early evolutions. Like how Staraptor has a brave bird that slows you down or ampharos gets a low accuracy thunder compared to flaafys discharge. Are there cetrain pokemon that are better off not evolving at all?
---
SS: Will, 5371 5669 1950
#2crunchy612Posted 8/4/2012 10:17:43 PM
Off the top of my head... Luxio and Flaafy. Oh, and Pineco.
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: Disgaea 2 Perfection Run, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
#3CharizardFirePosted 8/4/2012 10:31:58 PM
You might also want to hold off on evolving Meowth if you're having cash flow problems.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4madninja1Posted 8/4/2012 11:12:52 PM
Do not evolve Rhydon, once it evolves to Rhyperior it gets Rock Wrecker and that is the worst move in the whole game.

Also Brave Bird > Wing Attack
---
Marauder Shields, a real hero.
#5UratohPosted 8/5/2012 12:08:24 AM
Brave Bird is a really awesome move, once you figure it out. It does *SEEM* kind of bad at first, but remember, you can still keep using it as long as you can get something in range and it doesn't reduce your attack. Starraptor's deadly.
---
Pokemon Pearl
Trainer: Yuki Code: 4940 7329 0039
#6darknova700Posted 8/5/2012 5:37:12 AM
staraptor is a beast, seriously. brave bird is an amazing move, and the range drop usually doesn't stop staraptor from plowing down the enemy one brave bird at a time.
#7RevoredoPosted 8/5/2012 6:58:30 AM
From what I can remember, evolving Luxio, Rhydon and Rufflet isn't a good deal.
---
Playing now: Pokemon Conquest
Next: Shantae: Risky's Revenge
#8crunchy612Posted 8/5/2012 7:10:43 AM
Rufflet? Eh? That would prevent Masamune from evolving as well, wouldn't it?
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: Disgaea 2 Perfection Run, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
#9kirbymastahPosted 8/5/2012 7:16:40 AM
Atmaboy posted...
I guess I'm not alone in being annoyed how some pokemon evolutions end up with less useful attacks than their early evolutions. Like how Staraptor has a brave bird that slows you down or ampharos gets a low accuracy thunder compared to flaafys discharge. Are there cetrain pokemon that are better off not evolving at all?

fail
#10SwordToTheChestPosted 8/5/2012 8:26:59 AM
kirbymastah posted...
Atmaboy posted...

fail

How is that a fail? It's a cold hard fact. After you use Brave Bird, you drop defense and you can move one space the next turn.