Is it worth not evolving certain pokemon?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Is it worth not evolving certain pokemon?
3 years ago#1
I guess I'm not alone in being annoyed how some pokemon evolutions end up with less useful attacks than their early evolutions. Like how Staraptor has a brave bird that slows you down or ampharos gets a low accuracy thunder compared to flaafys discharge. Are there cetrain pokemon that are better off not evolving at all?
---
SS: Will, 5371 5669 1950
3 years ago#2
Off the top of my head... Luxio and Flaafy. Oh, and Pineco.
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: Disgaea 2 Perfection Run, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
3 years ago#3
You might also want to hold off on evolving Meowth if you're having cash flow problems.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
3 years ago#4
Do not evolve Rhydon, once it evolves to Rhyperior it gets Rock Wrecker and that is the worst move in the whole game.

Also Brave Bird > Wing Attack
---
Marauder Shields, a real hero.
3 years ago#5
Brave Bird is a really awesome move, once you figure it out. It does *SEEM* kind of bad at first, but remember, you can still keep using it as long as you can get something in range and it doesn't reduce your attack. Starraptor's deadly.
---
Pokemon Pearl
Trainer: Yuki Code: 4940 7329 0039
3 years ago#6
staraptor is a beast, seriously. brave bird is an amazing move, and the range drop usually doesn't stop staraptor from plowing down the enemy one brave bird at a time.
3 years ago#7
From what I can remember, evolving Luxio, Rhydon and Rufflet isn't a good deal.
---
Playing now: Pokemon Conquest
Next: Shantae: Risky's Revenge
3 years ago#8
Rufflet? Eh? That would prevent Masamune from evolving as well, wouldn't it?
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: Disgaea 2 Perfection Run, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
3 years ago#9
Atmaboy posted...
I guess I'm not alone in being annoyed how some pokemon evolutions end up with less useful attacks than their early evolutions. Like how Staraptor has a brave bird that slows you down or ampharos gets a low accuracy thunder compared to flaafys discharge. Are there cetrain pokemon that are better off not evolving at all?

fail
3 years ago#10
kirbymastah posted...
Atmaboy posted...

fail

How is that a fail? It's a cold hard fact. After you use Brave Bird, you drop defense and you can move one space the next turn.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Is it worth not evolving certain pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived