Best secondary Partners for Warlords and Warriors?

#1Turbo_TRexPosted 8/22/2012 8:37:03 PM
So after my previous topic I decided that it was needed a good idea to give people more than one Pokemon. Any recommendations about what to give to whom? I gave Oichi an Aggron and a Dragonite, and I found giving Motochika a Quagsire and Motonari a Leavanny was given as an example in my other topic, so I'll be starting with that.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#2crunchy612Posted 8/22/2012 8:47:48 PM
Scizor!Yoshimoto, Excadrill!Shingen(before Groudon ofc), Jolteon!Ginchiyo.
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: ME3 MP, Devil Survivor, Pokemon Conquest
#3RevoredoPosted 8/22/2012 8:49:41 PM
I'll list just what I used...

Oichi: Put Jiggly in the bak as soon as I could recruit a Starly. She did very well in the main story with it, but eventually I settled for a Axew, who's going to be Haxorus, her main pokémon.

Hero: Didn't bother using anything other than Jolteon, but I suppose Staraptor good too. Plan to stick with Jolteon.

Kanetsugu: Gardevoir worked pretty well in the main story. Eventually I'll evolve him with an Alakazam but I'll propably stick with Gardevoir.

Nobunaga: Main Hydreigon. I suppose he can work with a Garchomp too, but Dragon Rush has a kind bad accuracy.

Shingen: Gave him a Tyranitar. Move still sucks, but at least it's usable.

Kunoichi: Zoroark works very well.
---
Playing now: Luminous Arc 2
Next: Shantae: Risky's Revenge
#4Yamato_sanPosted 8/22/2012 9:56:35 PM(edited)
-I gave Magoichi Lilligant, Gardevoir, and Gothitelle, just because of how lolsy it seems that he gets 90% links with all the Pokemon that resemble women (though, the Psychic-types do give him some nice variety).

-I got Kenshin a Drapion.... mainly because I needed to fulfill Nene's evolution requirement (all Poison-type Pokemon registered), but all the same, he gets a nice 90% link with it, not to mention it gives him some great variety (Poison-type attack and an immunity to Psychic). Oh, and for his friendly rival Shingen, someone said it earlier: get him an Excadrill.

-A few of the Warlords start off with 90% links instead of their Best Link, such as Inahime with Quagsire, the aforementioned Kanetsugu with Kirlia and Nobunaga with Garchomp, etc. Overall, I think their starters are worth keeping (especially since they tend to have plenty of room for reserve partners anyway). However, I think it would be best to leave Keiji's Rhyhorn/Rhydon in its middle form (we already have one Warlord stuck with the usually crappy Rhyperior, after all... plus it gives him a nice Ground-type attack). Also, just a personal preference, but I'm having Ranmaru keep his Dragonair as is (aside from being a graceful Pokemon, which seems to suit him, promotional imagery and the second-to-final battle in the main story suggests him being paired with the middle form).

-I've said this in other forums a few times, but while Ginchiyo does get 98% links, they're all Electric-types (which are rather restricted in this game due to only having a move that matches their type, and that's quite bad considering Ground's immunity). Her next highest links after those are Samurott and Empoleon, with links in the 70's. Be sure to get her at least one of those two.

-Nouhime gets a 90% link with the Garchomp line, and while not as high, she also gets pretty good links with all the other Dragon-types. Quite fitting when you consider who her husband is (on a similar note, Hideyoshi and Nene both get a decent 82% link with the other's Best Partner).

-Another one I plan to do just 'cause I felt like it: Nobunaga gets a 90% link with Arbok. Aside from being just a cool Pokemon (which also happens to somewhat fit his dragonic theme; it's reptilian, and considering its egg group...), Venom Shock could have nice synergy with his subordinate Ranmaru having a Poison-type that actually poisons (for which, a 90% link with Toxicroak fits nicely). Though, this is only a good idea on paper; in reality, I doubt many people would wanna be using two Poison-types in a battle just to raise the power of Venom Shock, especially with Poison being a bad offensive typing. Like I said, this is just for fun.

-Nobunaga also gets a 90% link with Zoroark, which I'd love to get him just as soon as I could find another one of the damn things (thank god Kotarou's always available in the few scenarios you can use Nobunaga).

That's all I got for now.
#5CharizardFirePosted 8/22/2012 10:20:52 PM
Well, here's what I did for secondary partner Pokémon for each warlord:

Hero: I'm only going to get Eeveelutions and Arceus for him - why not get 8 perfect links for him?
Nobunaga: He started with Gible.
Oichi: I had her link with Meowth, Eevee (which I later evolved into Vaporeon), and Dratini.
Hideyoshi: I had him link with Charmander.
Motochika: Oddly enough, in addition to his Oshawott, he had a Chingling when I recruited him in the main story.
Ginchiyo: I don't have any secondary partner Pokémon for her.
Motonari: Oddly enough, in addition to his Snivy, he had a Ralts (which I later evolved into Gallade) when I recruited him in the main story.
Mitsuhide: I don't have any secondary partner Pokémon for him.
Yoshihiro: I had him link with Riolu.
Nene: When I first recruited her, she had linked with Ekans and Skorupi.
Shingen: I had him link with Gible.
Masamune: He started with Scyther. Also, when I first recruited him, he had linked with Zubat.
Kenshin: I had him link with Riolu.
Yoshimoto: I had him link with Scyther.
Ujiyasu: When I first recruited him, he had linked with Ekans and Zubat (although I'm planning on replacing Zubat).
No: When I first recruited her, she had linked with Duskull, Zubat, and Starly (although I'm planning on replacing Starly).
Kotaro: He started with Deino.
Ieyasu: I had him link with Gible and Beldum.
Hanbei: He started with Mareep. Also, when I first recruited him, he had linked with Starly and Bidoof (although I'm planning on replacing both of them).
Kanbei: He started with Duskull. Also, when I first recruited him, he had linked with Starly (although I'm planning on replacing it).
Muneshige: I don't have any secondary partner Pokémon for him.
Gracia: She started with Munna. Also, I had her link with Ralts.
Hanzo: He started with Spiritomb.
Kunoichi: She started with Scraggy. Also, I had her link with Riolu.
Yukimura: He started with Tepig. Also, I had him link with Riolu.
Magoichi: He started with Carnivine.
Kanetsugu: He started with Ralts (which I later evolved into Gallade).
Aya: She started with Cubchoo.
Kai: She started with Pansear.
Okuni: She started with Venipede.
Ranmaru: He started with Dratini. Also, when I first recruited him, he had linked with Charmander.
Tadakatsu: He started with Steelix. Also, I had him link with Gible.
Ina: She started with Quagsire.
Keiji: He started with Rhyhorn.
Mitsunari: He started with Scizor.
Kiyomasa: He started with Larvitar.
Masanori: He started with Skorupi.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#6AmakusaPosted 8/23/2012 1:03:14 AM
Not exhaustive.

Hero: Vaporeon
Nobunaga: Hydreigon
Oichi: Hydreigon, Dragonite, Espeon
Hideyoshi: Infernape, Charizard, Darmanitan
Motochika: Vaporeon, Lapras, Gyarados, Empoleon
Ginchiyo: Jolteon
Motonari: Gallade, Haxorus
Mitsuhide: Glaceon, Weavile, Espeon
Yoshihiro: Machamp, Infernape
Nene: Toxicroak
Shingen: Charizard, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Excadrill
Masamune: Charizard, Dragonite
Kenshin: Gallade, Drapion, Espeon
Yoshimoto: Scizor, Darmanitan, Volcarona
Ujiyasu: Tyranitar, Garchomp
No: Hydreigon, Chandeleur
Kotaro: Hydreigon, Bisharp, Weavile
Ieyasu: Hydreigon, Garchomp, Excadrill, Bisharp
Hanbei: Jolteon, Empoleon, Samurwott
Kanbei: Charizard
Muneshige: Crobat, Gyarados, Charizard
Gracia: Gardevoir
Hanzo: Chandeleur
Kunoichi: Hydreigon, Frosslass
Yukimura: Infernape, Darmanitan, Gyarados
Magoichi: Gardevoir
Kanetsugu: Gallade
Aya: Glaceon, Chandeleur, Weavile
Kai: Infernape, Charizard
Okuni: Charizard, Darmanitan
Ranmaru: Gallade, Machamp, Dragonite
Tadakatsu: Garchomp, Hydreigon
Ina: Vaporeon, Lapras, Gyarados, Samurwott
Keiji: Gallade, Tyranitar, Machamp, Haxorus, Infernape, Excadrill
Mitsunari: Scizor, Empoleon
Kiyomasa: Garchomp, Hydreigon, Dragonite, Tyranitar
Masanori: Garchomp, Tyranitar, Weavile, Excadrill
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#7CharizardFirePosted 8/24/2012 9:42:00 PM
Nobunaga: He started with Gible.

Oops, I meant Gabite.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8RpGsFTWPosted 8/24/2012 10:51:58 PM
I've heard conflicting things about having a Dragonite on Oichi.

What exactly are the pros and cons? I'm sure the link % is good and all, but other then that?
---
XBL: Tony Dawg | PSN: TonyTeddiursa
http://backloggery.com/altrius
#9crunchy612Posted 8/24/2012 11:09:10 PM
Last Bastion, it flies, and is tough. Inaccurate attack.

Hydreigon is preferred by most, as it can also fly(levitate), and has a much more accurate attack.

I like DNite better for Oichi for above reasons, plus it's a stark comparison to her brother's Hydreigon.
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: ME3 MP, Devil Survivor, Pokemon Conquest
#10AmakusaPosted 8/24/2012 11:29:49 PM
The only real reason to have Dragonite is you don't have a Hydreigon. You can get Dragonite in the main game easily, but not Hydreigon.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.