This game has no replay value.

#21FFnutPosted 8/27/2012 8:37:00 AM
calvin_0 posted...
also i havnt collect all pokemon yet, i did mention that is the most fun this is game... bonus episode not so much, that is another reason why i hate them.. they are keeping me from the fun stuff. want a legendary pokemon? go replay the whole game again... yeah, "great" replay value >.>

Bolded for delicious contradiction. How dare the replay value of a game rely on replaying the game?

not counting the remake, new region?, new pokemon?, new storyline? new moveset? graphicupgrade?

Wait, really? The post game of RBY or RSE or DPP or BW added a whole new region? It added a new storyline and move sets? The graphics were upgraded solely for being the champion? Because I'm pretty sure RBY's post game consisted of one cave and one new legendary. RSE only added the Lati@s related to your game. DPP added maybe three towns that weren't even full-fledged towns.

Oh, wait, you meant these changes are made between games, not put in the post game? So, you've played Pokemon Conquest 2 and can confirm that none of this was updated? Or are you just trolling the people of this board?

Also, why can't you return the game? It's pretty rare so GameStop will probably give you a decent price for it, even if it is store credit, but it's not like this is the only game you'll ever play anyway.
#22calvin_0Posted 8/27/2012 8:49:40 AM
FFnut posted...

Bolded for delicious contradiction. How dare the replay value of a game rely on replaying the game?

missing the point of my post...

forcing someone to replay the game again isnt a true replay value. especially not when playing the game without anything added to the game... add in a new area to explore, add in a feature that matters. developing area wasnt a legit feature for post game since it is explain in the main game. it should be a feature in the main game.

FFnut posted...

Wait, really? The post game of RBY or RSE or DPP or BW added a whole new region? It added a new storyline and move sets? The graphics were upgraded solely for being the champion? Because I'm pretty sure RBY's post game consisted of one cave and one new legendary. RSE only added the Lati@s related to your game. DPP added maybe three towns that weren't even full-fledged towns.

you dont you read my post, do you?... that wasnt about the post game, those are the thing that separate and make the game fresh when Firelion6593 claim the main game is just about becoming the champion.

calvin_0 posted...

the main game: kanto: new pokemon, extra cave. johto: new pokemon. cross back to kanto, battle tower, hoenn: new pokemon, battle frontier. sinnoh: new pokemon, extra cave. unova: new pokemon, extra cave, black city\white forest.

mystery dungeon: new pokemon, extra dungeon.

how many of them require you to beat the game again to get to them.. zero, unlike this game... you want new pokemon? go beat the game again, what new warrior? go beat the game again, want legendary? go beat the damn game again and to rub salt to the wound, you have to actively delay the ending in order to enjoy the fun part...

this is what the part where i talk about the post game of the main series. the part that you miss.

FFnut posted...

Also, why can't you return the game? It's pretty rare so GameStop will probably give you a decent price for it, even if it is store credit, but it's not like this is the only game you'll ever play anyway.

FYI not everyone speak or read english live in US or any Western country.
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#23Firelion6593Posted 8/27/2012 9:08:50 AM
calvin_0 posted...

missing the point of my post...

forcing someone to replay the game again isnt a true replay value. especially not when playing the game without anything added to the game... add in a new area to explore, add in a feature that matters. developing area wasnt a legit feature for post game since it is explain in the main game. it should be a feature in the main game.

Developing an area to level up facilities wasn't even touched in the main game. Second off, new areas to explore would be great for a standard RPG, but this isn't a standard RPG. Plus, post-game adds in plenty of new warlords to use and allows you to evolve your old ones.

It doesn't force you to replay the whole game, really. Only certain episodes do that (Hideyoshi, Masamune, Yoshihiro, Keiji, Nobunaga, and the junior warlords). The others have different win conditions, a new way of playing the game (recruit 40 warriors, recruit 100 Pokemon, defeat Nobunaga only. Plus, I found it to be a lot faster than the standard story if you basically just blitz everyone.
---
Cthulu Fhtagn
The creator of a new universe- Team Galactic Commander
#24crunchy612Posted 8/27/2012 9:11:47 AM
Under the right conditions, it takes a minimum 3 months to finish each Unite all of Ransei episodes, a minimum of 7-8(iirc) for the defeat Nobunaga ones and a whopping 1 month for Shingen and Kenshin's. Assuming GC soloing of course. :D
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: ME3 MP, Devil Survivor, Pokemon Conquest
#25FFnutPosted 8/27/2012 10:23:08 AM
calvin_0 posted...
you dont you read my post, do you?... that wasnt about the post game, those are the thing that separate and make the game fresh when Firelion6593 claim the main game is just about becoming the champion.

You didn't read your own post either. You were comparing improved graphics, new regions, etc. to this game's post-game. Try backpedaling all you like, but when you posted that you were making the connection that the post-game didn't make the game "fresh" in those ways. And there's no reason to bring that up in this game anyway because, as we all know, there is no second Conquest game yet. How do you know that the second game won't add a new region and improve the graphics to keep the Conquest series fresh? Or were you just trying to put down this game by making false equivalencies?

calvin_0 posted...

the main game: kanto: new pokemon, extra cave. johto: new pokemon. cross back to kanto, battle tower, hoenn: new pokemon, battle frontier. sinnoh: new pokemon, extra cave. unova: new pokemon, extra cave, black city\white forest.

mystery dungeon: new pokemon, extra dungeon.

how many of them require you to beat the game again to get to them.. zero, unlike this game... you want new pokemon? go beat the game again, what new warrior? go beat the game again, want legendary? go beat the damn game again and to rub salt to the wound, you have to actively delay the ending in order to enjoy the fun part...

This game: New Pokemon, new game mechanics, new characters to play as, new stories, new victory conditions, new enemy combinations to fight. Seems like a lot more than any other game added. Oh, and every "replay" you claim the post-stories are? You don't have to go through the tutorial mode to learn how to recruit warriors or link or anything like that. Meanwhile every other Pokemon game makes you suffer through these things when you start a new game. Or don't you remember the old man in Viridian City, or Ethan/Lyra outside New Bark Town, or Lucas/Dawn just past Sandgem, or EVERY OTHER TIME SOME PAINFULLY SLOW NPC TEACHES YOU HOW TO THROW A POKEBALL?

Besides, nobody is forcing you to play this game. Just take it out of your DS. Problem solved.
#26calvin_0Posted 8/28/2012 12:26:27 AM
Firelion6593 posted...

Developing an area to level up facilities wasn't even touched in the main game. Second off, new areas to explore would be great for a standard RPG, but this isn't a standard RPG. Plus, post-game adds in plenty of new warlords to use and allows you to evolve your old ones.

you forget the part where the 3 kid stalker argue about what to do 1st, train, search or developing area... on the main game. so they did touch about development, but too bad they withheld the development from you until you beat the game.

Firelion6593 posted...

It doesn't force you to replay the whole game, really. Only certain episodes do that (Hideyoshi, Masamune, Yoshihiro, Keiji, Nobunaga, and the junior warlords). The others have different win conditions, a new way of playing the game (recruit 40 warriors, recruit 100 Pokemon, defeat Nobunaga only. Plus, I found it to be a lot faster than the standard story if you basically just blitz everyone.

oh those shorten episode, they are even worse. for example there is no reason to have 3 differ episode featuring the kids with the same winning condition..

differ "win condition" same old story.. beat everyone, conquer everything.

FFnut posted...

You didn't read your own post either. You were comparing improved graphics, new regions, etc. to this game's post-game. Try backpedaling all you like, but when you posted that you were making the connection that the post-game didn't make the game "fresh" in those ways. And there's no reason to bring that up in this game anyway because, as we all know, there is no second Conquest game yet. How do you know that the second game won't add a new region and improve the graphics to keep the Conquest series fresh? Or were you just trying to put down this game by making false equivalencies?

which part did i compare this game to those game? i'm not even talking about post game or even future game on that part. go read it again.

FFnut posted...

This game: New Pokemon, new game mechanics, new characters to play as, new stories, new victory conditions, new enemy combinations to fight. Seems like a lot more than any other game added.

new game mechanics? care to point that out? what new mechanics is there that only available in bonus episode?

new character? which one of them havnt you see in main game?

new story? what new story? "OMG i'm right and my friend are wrong and i have to conquer thier kingdom so they know i'm right" arent new story. "we have to link with 100 pokemon" arent new story. sorry i dont see any new story in bonus episode, a least not yet.

FFnut posted...
Meanwhile every other Pokemon game makes you suffer through these things when you start a new game. Or don't you remember the old man in Viridian City, or Ethan/Lyra outside New Bark Town, or Lucas/Dawn just past Sandgem, or EVERY OTHER TIME SOME PAINFULLY SLOW NPC TEACHES YOU HOW TO THROW A POKEBALL?

i'll just leave this here.
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
#27calvin_0Posted 8/28/2012 12:26:45 AM
FFnut posted...
nobody is forcing you to play this game. Just take it out of your DS. Problem solved.

i guess you are one of those gamer who never bother to get 100% on their game to get the full value on the product they just brought.. so nice to have a money tree in the house.
---
#28crunchy612Posted 8/28/2012 1:45:05 AM
Lol circular logic.
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: ME3 MP, Devil Survivor, Pokemon Conquest
#29FFnutPosted 8/28/2012 8:18:08 AM(edited)
calvin_0 posted...
which part did i compare this game to those game? i'm not even talking about post game or even future game on that part. go read it again.
You said the story is the same between bonus episodes. Fire lion said that each Pokemon game repeats the story. You said that's different because each new Pokemon game adds new features. But the new features are added because they're new games, not because they have a "new story". The remakes are proof of that. If anything, you should think the main games are even WORSE than this, because this game doesn't force you to pay $30+ just to play the "same story" like the main games do.

new game mechanics? care to point that out? what new mechanics is there that only available in bonus episode?

Development (unless you're suddenly going to argue that development is in the main game when every argument of yours up to this point has been that it was "left out"). Non-scripted warlord evolutions. Requirements to make legendaries appear. Carrying characters over via the gallery. None of those were in the main game.

new character? which one of them havnt you see in main game?

I assume you won't accept generic warriors as an answer here. So I could go on about how a number of warlords are not recruitable (Nobunaga. Ranmaru, Mitsuhide, etc.) in the main game, but you'd probably complain that they appear so they're not "new" characters.

Or I could just point out that Hanbei and Kanbei never appear in the main game.

new story? what new story? "OMG i'm right and my friend are wrong and i have to conquer thier kingdom so they know i'm right" arent new story. "we have to link with 100 pokemon" arent new story. sorry i dont see any new story in bonus episode, a least not yet.

You're right. I totally forgot about the point in the main story where all the female warlords fought each other to determine which of them was the most beautiful. I also forgot the part where Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga, or when all the ninjas had a contest of their skills. And I can't believe I forgot the part where Shingen and Kenshin each owned half the region and fought each other to a standstill.

Oh, wait, so all that stuff didn't happen in the main story? It was bonus episode only? Well look at that.

Edit: On a hunch, I went back a few topics and I found another thing that adds to the bonus episodes: increased challenge. In fact, I remember someone not too long ago who was having trouble because he was getting one-shotted by a Rufflet! Turned out it was just exaggeration, but I'm sure whoever that was would agree that the post game is different from the main game.

I wonder who that was...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/654723-pokemon-conquest/63767150
#30calvin_0Posted 8/28/2012 8:46:14 AM
FFnut posted...
You said the story is the same between bonus episodes. Fire lion said that each Pokemon game repeats the story. You said that's different because each new Pokemon game adds new features. you should think the main games are even WORSE than this, because this game doesn't force you to pay $30+ just to play the "same story" like the main games do

yes all the main game basically have the same story, but all those game also add the feature that i highlight on before on each new game and each game even remake have thier own additional to the overall experience. even you are technically playing the samething over and over again, you never 100% feel its the samething over and over again.

now in this game, the "bonus episode" offer nothing addition to your experience. when you play it once, you play it all. its like i say before

calvin_0 posted...
its like playing the main series with new way to catch pokemon but its only take place in kanto

the main game also didnt force you to replay the whole game again everytime you want to collect pokemon, legendary or any post game material.. this game do.

also i'm not a stranger to game that require you to repeat the game over and over and call it reply value.

hell i replay dragon age: origin for 16 times, why? because everytime i play i found something new even the whole game is just "end the blight". the main series is like that.

however for dragon age 2 i cant even stand to play for the 2nd time. why because there is totally nothing new the game offer, you play it once, you play it all. pokemon conquest is like that.

FFnut posted...

Development (unless you're suddenly going to argue that development is in the main game when every argument of yours up to this point has been that it was "left out"). Non-scripted warlord evolutions. Requirements to make legendaries appear. Carrying characters over via the gallery. None of those were in the main game.

i dont accept development as a valid bonus feature. its already there, its always there, they even explain it to you. you just dont have access to it.

FFnut posted...

You're right. I totally forgot about the point in the main story where all the female warlords fought each other to determine which of them was the most beautiful. I also forgot the part where Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga, or when all the ninjas had a contest of their skills. And I can't believe I forgot the part where Shingen and Kenshin each owned half the region and fought each other to a standstill.

so what do they add actually.... so the beauty wins without conquering other kindom? no. do they really have a new story?. some maybe, most no a chance. like the kids story as i mention before.. they just copy paste. i take it they will be tons of them.
---