Sold this game when Gamestop had their $20 "deal"

#1Krazoa2Posted 9/14/2012 3:04:51 AM(edited)
I usually never sell games, but I figured I'm never gonna play this again so why not get as much money I can for it now. I found the game to be a god-awfully generic and boring tactics game.

My question is, for those of you who already sunk many hours into this game and still play it, what exactly is it that still drives you to continue playing this game? I experienced practically everything the game had to offer besides the legendaries and I only beat a few instances after the "main" game (using the word "main" loosely).

This isn't a troll topic, before anyone starts tearing up because it will happen.
#2FFnutPosted 9/14/2012 4:14:48 AM
I still find the gameplay to be quite fun, and the collection aspect (specifically, every-warrior-perfect-link) is still keeping me hooked. I'm starting to play it a little less though, although I suppose that's more because of the other games I've been playing taking up the time I have left to pay video games. In particular, Samurai Warriors Chronicles has been spending more and more time in my 3DS.

I know a lot of people tend to complain about having to "start over" during the post-game stories. I find it to be less of a "reset" and more of a board game situation. Each time you start a new story, you have to set up the pieces and start from scratch, only there's enough different objectives to keep the game different (so it's not just "conquer the world" although that hasn't stopped people from enjoying Risk). Each story also starts you off with different characters and different locations, so you can't just come up with a "Conquer here, then here, then here" strategy immediately.

I guess it's really more like a TCG though - every time you start a new game, you have to start from scratch, only the more you play the more likely you are to have collected good cards (warriors/links in this analogy) that can give you an edge. Still you need to draw (recruit) those cards (warriors) before they're of any use.

And while I'm certain you're not trolling, that doesn't mean other people won't use this topic to troll.

inb4calvin_0
inb4fakereplayvalue
#3calvin_0Posted 9/14/2012 5:13:11 AM(edited)
pokedex....

i hate bonus episode with passion, if not because of the pokedex i'll be long gone...

finding pokemon is fun, beating the game for the 10th time without reward isnt....
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#4OrochiStormPosted 9/14/2012 7:47:30 AM
My question is, for those of you who already sunk many hours into this game and still play it, what exactly is it that still drives you to continue playing this game? I experienced practically everything the game had to offer besides the legendaries and I only beat a few instances after the "main" game (using the word "main" loosely).

A new twist on gathering and utilizing the Pokémon I like most, some of which with an effectiveness not available in other games.
---
Well you suck at rogue i have a lvl 41 so i know more -nick8676764
#5AmakusaPosted 9/14/2012 5:25:02 PM
I played the game for 3 months; after those 3 months I got 100% Perfect Links with every character in the game (not to mention hooked everyone up with decent alternatives like Naoshige and his six Eevees) and didn't feel as if I could do anything more.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#6InfamousCarlPosted 9/15/2012 7:24:44 PM
Just a couple days ago I lost whatever it was that kept me playing this game. I'm tired of playing the bonus episodes and getting a swarm before having warriors that need them in my army, or having the warriors and never getting a swarm.

That said, up until this point I really enjoyed the game and will most likely purchase a sequel if there is one.