I thought I finally understood how links were determined...

#1Turbo_TRexPosted 9/16/2012 11:54:40 AM
...but it seems now that there's yet another factor involved. I'm in Kotaro's episode right now. Even though his Hydreigon is at 90% link, all of my opponents are capping at just over 40%, both Warriors and Wild Pokemon, and I have no idea why. When I played the Mani Story and Ieyasu's story the opponents would always be just under the average of the team, so if I brought in a 90% Aggron the opponents would be about 85%

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there perhaps a limit on the levels since this episode doesn't use all 17 Kingdoms?
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#2AmakusaPosted 9/16/2012 12:21:53 PM
If your opponents aren't using Pokemon they're compatible with they will hit the Link cap fairly early.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#3Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 12:41:19 PM
^ But even the wild Pokemon are capping around 40%, you can tell because their moves are +2. Even if the Warriors had weak link Pokemon, the wild ones were still hitting +4 in other stories. This sucks because the Zorua I just linked with in only at 42%, so it's going to take a while to hit 100. If things had worked like they had in the past it should have been in the high 80s already,
---
#4CharizardFirePosted 9/16/2012 1:53:17 PM
Judging by the situation, it seems that there are other Pokémon that you're bringing in that have low links.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#5Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 2:01:29 PM(edited)
CharizardFire posted...
Judging by the situation, it seems that there are other Pokémon that you're bringing in that have low links.

But there aren't, I'm ONLY using Kotaro's 90% Hydreigon. I don't even have have any other Warriors in the same nation with me.
---
#6Angeler88Posted 9/16/2012 9:18:59 PM
by my personal experience wild pokemon only got stronger if the kingdom's facilities they're in are getting upgraded
#7crunchy612Posted 9/16/2012 10:46:59 PM
Angeler88 posted...
by my personal experience wild pokemon only got stronger if the kingdom's facilities they're in are getting upgraded

This too. There's a cap to wild pokemon strength in place if the areas aren't fully upgraded.
---
Proud Quitting Returner. We may be idiots, but we're the idiots of QR!
Now Playing: Megaman Starforce, Pokemon Conquest, Luminous Arc, DotA2
#8Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:40:49 AM
crunchy612 posted...
Angeler88 posted...

This too. There's a cap to wild pokemon strength in place if the areas aren't fully upgraded.

Thanks for the suggestions, but again this isn't the case. Even in the areas that I've upgraded to Level 3 they're still capping at 47%.

The only thing I can think of is my previous guess that there's a forced level cap due to this being a shorter episode.
---
#9Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 5:49:22 PM
So I've been doing Ginchiyo's episode (another shorter one) and everything is capping at 41%, despite my 85% Hydreigon, so I'm fairly certain now that shorter stories have an additional cap placed on them.
---
#10FFnutPosted 9/20/2012 11:26:03 AM(edited)
Turbo_TRex posted...
So I've been doing Ginchiyo's episode (another shorter one) and everything is capping at 41%, despite my 85% Hydreigon, so I'm fairly certain now that shorter stories have an additional cap placed on them.

Actually, I think that's right. I think it's related to the maximum number of kingdoms in a story:

Ginchiyo's story (and all Beauty of Ransei stories) has 7 kingdoms out of the 17 total.

7/17 = ~0.41176

That's roughly 41%, which you say you capped at.

Kotaro's story has 8 kingdoms.

8/17 = ~0.470588

Which you said is the cap in Kotaro's.

Let's go further. You had Kotaro's Hydreigon at 90% and they were capping at roughly 42 upon recruitment?

8/17 * 0.90 = 0.423529

New addendum to link theory: The fraction of available kingdoms in a story is multiplied into the link caps. Stories with only 7 or 8 kingdoms will provide links roughly half as high as they should be otherwise. Theoretically, Mitsunari's story should cap out below 25%. Anyone feel like experimenting?